Metal Storm logo
Mekong Delta - New Album Details

The details of the follow-up to Mekong Delta's album Wanderer On The Edge Of Time are finally in. The German progressive thrash metal band announced that their new album is called In A Mirror Darkly and picks up thematically where its 2010 predecessor left off. It will be released in Scandinavia on April 23rd, in Germany on April 25th, in Europe on April 28th and in the USA on April 29th through SPV/Steamhammer. The cover and tracklist are available below. Take a look at them.

"For me, music doesn't start with A and end with Z, it's an ongoing process," bassist Ralf Hubert explains. "In this respect, you could call In A Mirror Darkly the continuation of the Wanderer theme, but it's no copy, it's an independent recording. Each Mekong album sounds unique and forward-looking in the original sense of the term. As a composer, I consciously allow myself to drift to be able to consistently explore new horizons."

Martin LeMar (vocals), Ralf Hubert (bass, classical guitar), Erik Adam H. Grösch (guitar) and Alex Landenburg (drums) have recorded a total of eight songs for In A Mirror Darkly, among them three instrumental numbers like the classical guitar intro or the ingenious "Inside The Outside Of The Inside" with its diverse arrangements.

Ralf Hubert explains: "Typically Mekong Delta, the new numbers all have a playing time of between five and seven minutes. As far as I am concerned, that's just the right time frame to gain sufficient stylistic depth without pushing the envelope or creating artistic ambiguities. I feel that we've once again found the right mix of complexity and uninterrupted leitmotiv."

Tracks:

01. Introduction
02. Ouverture
03. The Armageddon Machine
04. The Sliver In Gods Eye
05. Janus
06. Inside The Outside Of The Inside
07. Hindsight Bias
08. Mutant Messiah

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mekong Delta
Posted: 01.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 34 users
01.03.2014 - 12:14
Darkside Momo
Retired
Definitely looking forward to this
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.03.2014 - 14:26
UnknownCheese

Album should be good, but that art is atrocious.
01.03.2014 - 17:36
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by UnknownCheese on 01.03.2014 at 14:26

Album should be good, but that art is atrocious.

Agreed on the artwork. Absolutely hideous

Hits total: 2091 | This month: 4