08. Hammer Of The Witch
09. We'll Always Have The End
10. One Of Us Is Going To Have To Die
11. Vicious Circle Of Life
12. Die Like A Pig
13. Height Of Revelation
14. The Wheel [bonus]
15. The Nightmare Continues [Discharge cover] [bonus]

Ringworm plays metalcore metalcore, not the sugary stuff Hot Topic wants you to throw your money at. Metalcore metalcore that will make you want to spin around with a blunt weapon, letting the centrifugal force have its way.

These guys have been doing their best of both worlds thing since 1991; there are thrashy, metallic grooves that get coupled with snarling hardcore fury. Not much more or less, and I can't imagine anyone wanting much more or less from them.

It's stripped down stuff in other words, there's no technically arresting dicking around to ease you into their ugly, tooth-spitting sonic ring. Nothing's inviting about what they do. It's brutal.

It feels like everything they do gets banged straight out. They sound like a bunch of dudes playing together dynamically; whatever "ideas" element there is to their stuff seems secondary to the savage basics, not the other way around. There must be a whole lot of great bands that go about making tunes by having their ideas for how they want their stuff to sound down first, and then trying to execute, and that just doesn't seem to be what Ringworm does. The sense that this album was a hit record, play, then walk away kind of thing might be way off, but it's a strong one nonetheless.

I don't really have any complaints. At first the mix seemed kinda bland, but anything else done on the production end would probably have gotten in the way of Ringworm being Ringworm. Hammer Of The Witch sounds fucking mean and it's lean and it's fighting certain plastic metal machines. So godspeed and stuff.

Highlights: "Hammer Of The Witch," "Exit Life," "King Of Blood," "Die Like A Pig," the vocals in general

Written on 12.03.2014 by Wormdrink's real name is George and he's an American.

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 309 users
12.03.2014 - 12:10
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Just checking the album stream, sounds pretty cool. Not sure if I'd give it a spin too many times though.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
12.03.2014 - 13:32
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Just found out that their vocalist did that sweet cover art. Just moved a notch higher in my books
----

Last fm
Don't click here
12.03.2014 - 14:54
PocketMetal

This looks interesting , gotta check out this metalcore metalcore band.
12.03.2014 - 18:05
Lit.
Account deleted
Quote:

Ringworm plays metalcore metalcore, not the sugary stuff Hot Topic wants you to throw your money at. Metalcore metalcore that will make you want to spin around with a blunt weapon, letting the centrifugal force have its way.

You had me at hello.
12.03.2014 - 20:47
Rating: 9
wormdrink414

Written by Spirit Molecule on 12.03.2014 at 13:32

Just found out that their vocalist did that sweet cover art. Just moved a notch higher in my books

Didn't know that, that's awesome.
13.03.2014 - 08:58
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by wormdrink414 on 12.03.2014 at 20:47

Didn't know that, that's awesome.

Cover art made me check the tracks out And the review of course
----

Last fm
Don't click here
31.03.2014 - 01:17
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Righteous stuff, I just bought the CD a few days ago. Definitely worth seeing them when they come.
01.07.2014 - 23:31
Rating: 8
Guib
Thrash Talker
Pretty good review Worm, couldn't be closer from the truth... Although, come to think of it, 9 seems a bit high IMO. I would gladly give it a 8.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.12.2014 - 07:27
UPDIRNS

I love this album. It's one of my favorite albums right now. I've listened to it straight through probably 20 times in my garage. It's raw visceral emotion motivates me. Inspires me. I will be buying all their albums now. Especially after test driving many on youtube and iTunes. They will all be mine. I have the album cover poster stapled on my wall in the garage along side my slayer, ac/dc, maiden and machine head posters. Fucking love these guys.
24.12.2014 - 09:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by UPDIRNS on 24.12.2014 at 07:27

I love this album. It's one of my favorite right now. I've listened to it straight through probably records before garage. It's raw visceral emotion motivates me. Inspires me..

Spot on.

I did not much care about this album(as Wormdrink said something about "metalcore" taking its shape over this album), so it left a sour taste in my mouth and decide not to check it out. Further, people start galloping with positive opinions about Hammer Of The Witch. Still, i ignored as i was focusing on my "watchlist". It was in July while coming back from office, I heard "Leave Your Skin At The Door" on my pad(downloaded from itunes) that left me ectastic and rhapsodic. I went to wifi zone and downloaded the bitch right away. Since then this bitch has always been on my "regular playlist".

One great thing I like about this monster is its songs gives me immense pain in abdomen and I really enjoy it. Not I have not acquainted with such records before; but as you said - the visceral, raw, edgy and sharp tone of music that spitted out from Ringworm's new output has been scintillating.

Hits total: 6078 | This month: 20