Metal Storm logo
70000 Tons Of Metal 2015 - Confirm First Bands

The 2014 edition of 70000 Tons Of Metal happened this January and the next edition is already being prepared. Not only that but the first names have already been announced by the organizers, who up the ante for next year's cruise with a much bigger ship, more bands and more passengers.

60 bands and 3000 passengers will board the Liberty Of The Seas and sail from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on January 22nd with a stop at Ocho Rios, Jamaica before returing back to Fort Lauderdale on January 26th. With such a massive increase of bands (60 instead of the usual 40) and 1000 more passengers, Ultimate Music Cruises wasted no time and already announced the first batch of band.

As of yet, confirmed for 70000 Tons Of Metal, the self-proclaimed original World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise, are Equilibrium, Annihilator, Threshold, Chimaira, Heathen, Ensiferum, Arch Enemy and Blind Guardian. Don't know about you, but that seems like a good start!

To sweeten the deal, the organizers posted on their website that they will spare no expense to remove seats in the theaters, asking: "or do you like seated heavy metal shows?" You will also get unrestricted access to all live shows on board, not just one show per band with assigned seating based on which cabin category you booked. On 70000 Tons Of Metal everyone is a VIP and you can come and go to any and all events as you please; with 60 Bands on board, this means you get access to 120 shows. But one thing is for sure, you will get the opportunity to mingle side-by-side with your favorite artists in this incredibly fan-friendly scenario that has no comparison. It's like everyone has a backstage pass!

All ticket prices are in US-Dollars and start at $666 plus $333 taxes and fees per person. Check here for pricing and more information because the public sale will start on March 21st 2014 and you don't want to miss the boat!

Source: 70000tons.com
Event: 70000 Tons Of Metal 2015
Posted: 15.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 124 users
15.03.2014 - 12:05
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I assume the Liberty is bigger than the Majesty, since it has an extra stage and will have more bands and passengers.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.03.2014 - 14:21
Joppe
Steelemeister
Heathen
----
My vision is augmented
15.03.2014 - 16:24
D.T. Metal

Written by Joppe on 15.03.2014 at 14:21

Heathen

+1 ...

and for those of you who followed my reports of the last couple cruises ... with 20 MORE bands, will I even be able to go to bed

Nevertheless, if you can swing the money, GO, because you WILL have the time of your life !!!
15.03.2014 - 16:27
D.T. Metal

Written by M C Vice on 15.03.2014 at 12:05

I assume the Liberty is bigger than the Majesty, since it has an extra stage and will have more bands and passengers.

Yes she is! The new ship is massive and if you are interested, check this photo tour site.
15.03.2014 - 19:57
fandango68

Threshold eh? that's a pleasant surprise...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
16.03.2014 - 03:08
EnigmaLake

Just made a Facebook group for anyone trying to go or to discuss the Cruise. Let me know if interested and I'll add you. Trying to find a group of people of cool people to go and save $

Hits total: 3493 | This month: 4