Metal Storm logo
The Agonist - New Song Teaser, Alissa Explains Departure

Canadian metalcore band The Agonist has released a teaser for their upcoming new song "Disconnect Me" featuring the new vocalist, Vicky Psarakis. You can check out the teaser below for a taste of the new material with Vicky Psarakis. You can probably expect the song/single to be released on March 21st.

Vicky Psarakis laying down vocals on new songs

In other related news, the band's former vocalist Alissa White-Gluz has released a message on her personal Facebook page revealing that she had every intention of continuing with The Agonist after joining Arch Enemy but the band decided to hire a new vocalist instead. Check out what she had to say about it here.

Alissa posted the following message on her Facebook page: "To all my fans, friends and supporters, I am very honoured and happy to announce a new chapter in my life and musical career beginning now; I have joined forces with one of my all-time favourite and globally respected bands, Arch Enemy. Wages Of Sin was the first metal album I ever bought and it was love at first listen. It is not often that you get a phone call from your favourite band asking you to join! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such amazingly talented musicians whom I also consider great friends.

"But, it is with great sadness that I must also announce that The Agonist as you have come to know it is now a thing of the past. I had every intention of (and had even started) writing and recording yet another killer album this year, but my former band-mates decided to choose a different path. I wish I could change the situation but the unfortunate decision was made beyond my control so I can only wish them the very best of luck now that our time working together has concluded. I will always be proud of the three albums we created since 2005 and I would like to show my appreciation for the incredibly open-minded and loyal fans that I have come to know through my past decade of work in the metal scene. Thank you for accepting every bit of eccentricity I threw your way. Everything from the band name to the lyrics, the songs, the artwork and visuals, the photo shoots, harmonies, melodies, (etc); I created every bit of those with immense thought and passion. I can assure you that I will continue to pour my creativity into writing, singing and performing and look forward to your continued support with Arch Enemy. Thank you all so much for believing in me and allowing me to express myself in a completely boundless way.

"Very importantly, I have to thank Angela Gossow for being my mentor and guardian angel over the years - I can honestly say that without her love and support I would not have been able to make it through as much as I have. Angela has been an inspiration, an invaluable friend and I am proud to now call her a partner. I am very humbled and grateful to her, Michael, Daniel, Sharlee and Nick for entrusting me with the Arch Enemy torch. I feel very privileged that they have welcomed me not only to take over as vocalist but also to contribute to the writing process, since lyrical integrity is important to me. Everything about this new relationship feels so right and I think our music is representative of how strong the creative chemistry is. I'm ecstatic about the music we are making! I would also like to extend my deepest and most sincere gratitude to all the members, crew and fans of Kamelot for believing in me, encouraging me and showing me endless love and appreciation over the years. It really means the world to me.

"Thank you, again, to all my fans, family, colleagues and friends who supported my work all along for your relentless loyalty. I look forward to being able to write and perform at a whole new level now with Arch Enemy! Music is forever, metal is limitless and this is only the beginning! Hails and horns!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Agonist
Posted: 19.03.2014 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 207 users
19.03.2014 - 17:46
X5452
Account deleted
Im actually very, very interested in how this works out. The Agonist is similar yet completely different from Arch Enemy so I am curious as to which direction this will go. I have felt AE lacked originality the last two albums and thus I am really interested whether Alissa can bring some uniqueness to it all.
19.03.2014 - 18:25
angel.
Evil Butterfly
What ?! She said that Angela was a great partner for her ? O_o
----
The Fangirl.
19.03.2014 - 18:33
PocketMetal

Written by angel. on 19.03.2014 at 18:25

Angela is now the business manager of Arch Enemy so they are kinda partners.
19.03.2014 - 18:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by angel. on 19.03.2014 at 18:25

She probably means partner in the sense that Angela will remain Arch Enemy's manager.

I am surprised she wanted to stay in The Agonist though. I think that would be very hard to manage with Arch Enemy.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.03.2014 - 18:35
angel.
Evil Butterfly
OK ok, I got it now. ^
----
The Fangirl.
20.03.2014 - 01:59
psykometal
A staff guy...
Ok. Color me very interested. Her screams there sounded very much like Alissa's. And I quite enjoyed her singing voice on the Nevermore cover. The music sounds pretty good too here. I think The Agonist is going to be just fine without Alissa. Now we just have to see how Arch Enemy is going to do with Alissa...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

20.03.2014 - 05:36
Shmyt

Okay, Vicky can growl, she can stay.

Hits total: 3012 | This month: 5