Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Streaming Demo Version Of New Song

In case you didn't know, Metallica debuted a new song this past weekend in Bogotá, Columbia. The eight-minute song is called "Lords Of Summer" and now you can listen to a garage demo version of the track right here. The band just posted the demo on their official YouTube channel and now you can enjoy it.

The band is currently doing their Metallica By Request shows where fans who attend the concerts choose the set list. They also reserved a spot for a new song.

Metallica has been working on their new album and "Lords Of Summer" is the first new material to be unveiled since Death Magnetic and Beyond Magnetic. Do you think the song is promising for what the new album can bring?

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 19.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 424 users
20.03.2014 - 15:44
tomasmakina

Terrible song in my opinion
20.03.2014 - 17:44
terrorist

Some good riffs out there, still hoping to hear better songs on the album. It is long which is good, but not progressive enough for me. The production is unnecessary to comment since it is a demo.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
20.03.2014 - 20:29
Windir

Sounds more than decent... time will tell
20.03.2014 - 22:50
unswabbed

For a demo, it's sounds good, waiting for more
20.03.2014 - 23:30
Akula

It´s ColOmbia, not Columbia :
21.03.2014 - 02:13
SSM
Massacred
Boring and generic. It would be a lot better if they skip the guitar solo and interlude all together, it's going nowhere.
Overall, somewhat sounds like Death Magnetic (but the drums sound a little bit better).
Not a great song at all, but not that bad. Average and boring.
21.03.2014 - 04:44
Unhealer
Eclecticist
They've just uploaded the pro-shot version from MetOnTour and it sounds a loooot better.

The song is okay-ish, they really need to trim it down. I'd prefer a better song on their new album instead of this one but I also don't mind hearing it live next week
21.03.2014 - 08:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Not bad, not really bad.

Song is uplifting with some passages goes offbeat, riffs are good, drumming is satisfactory while layering of song is beautifully crafted. Rip off of Death Magnetic but still not at all promising taking this garage version in consideration.

If they pull it off containing songs like this, I'll be happy to see 'Tallica has done some really good work.
21.03.2014 - 17:11
terrorist

Written by Unhealer on 21.03.2014 at 04:44

They've just uploaded the pro-shot version from MetOnTour and it sounds a loooot better.

The song is okay-ish, they really need to trim it down. I'd prefer a better song on their new album instead of this one but I also don't mind hearing it live next week

Yeah i totaly agree with you.And it definitley sounds better live.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
21.03.2014 - 17:34
neonxaos

Is it just me, or does Hetfield have some of his 80s spark in his voice on this one? Sounds quite oldskool. The song itself is not bad at all, but pretty standard thrash. But hey, that's all right with me, really.
21.03.2014 - 19:53
Dave FC

Some parts of the song remind me a decelerated Metal Militia. Hope they change/delete the suposed guitar solo-'maidenesque' bridge. It just doesn't fit the song, imo. Anyway, it's not a bad song, no
And it's ColOOOOmbia, sure
21.03.2014 - 21:27
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
The live version is not bad at all, but hardly spectacular.
22.03.2014 - 17:20
Akula

Written by Dave FC on 21.03.2014 at 19:53

Some parts of the song remind me a decelerated Metal Militia. Hope they change/delete the suposed guitar solo-'maidenesque' bridge. It just doesn't fit the song, imo. Anyway, it's not a bad song, no
And it's ColOOOOmbia, sure

I think its the best part of the song.
22.03.2014 - 19:36
reload3591

It reminds me strongly of Don't Fear the Winter by Rage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y6Klgcj24E

In both style and subject matter
22.03.2014 - 20:49
Darkside Momo
Retired
Came expecting some mindless Metallica bashing, and well, I R disappoint. Saint Lulu days, where have you gone?

More seriously, while not exceptional, this is surprisingly decent. And as mentioned before, this demo sounds better than Death Magnetic.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.03.2014 - 03:37
Reverend X

Hmmmm. decent riffs.

But I don't like the way James sings. It doesn't fit in to Metallica anymore. It now lacks aggressiveness. Just like the way they were before. Is that sign of aging?

They've been experimenting with other genres these days why not come up with a better style that works for them.
26.03.2014 - 05:53
Reverend X

Written by deadone on 26.03.2014 at 03:42

Written by Reverend X on 26.03.2014 at 03:37

They've been experimenting with other genres these days why not come up with a better style that works for them.

They did with Load/Reload but the fans didn't dig it and it adversely affected revenue flows.

Basically they're in a no-win zone.

They can write something non-Metal and the "fans" would crucify them for "selling out".

Or they can write heavy metal/thrash and the "fans" still crucify them for not doing another Master of Puppets.

And even if they replicated Master of Puppets or even did an album better than Master of Puppets, the "fans" would find some reason to whinge and bitch about it.

Totally agree.
I do still have respect for them. Really love their Cliff Era. One of their biggest fans until Mama Said to stop.
26.03.2014 - 09:48
Shangri-la

The 3 things they seem to be missing are the unique riffs, memorable guitar solos, James not sounding like a country singer.
26.03.2014 - 10:21
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Oh well... the song is too long, they need to learn to trim down their songs. Thumbs down for Lars and Kirk who did a sloppy job here. Lars has become such a mediocre drummer these days, it's kinda painful to listen.
29.03.2014 - 04:52
Misfit74

I love Metallica but this is garbage.
10.04.2014 - 01:48
Rapid Fire

Not bad stuff, and keep in mind is just a demo! There may be big changes until the final version is done. Anyway it seems they fortunately won't be back to the load or st. anger eras. The thing I less like is the title, a little ridiculous.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
02.06.2014 - 16:51
Hallford9000

Written by Guest on 26.03.2014 at 10:21

Oh well... the song is too long, they need to learn to trim down their songs. Thumbs down for Lars and Kirk who did a sloppy job here. Lars has become such a mediocre drummer these days, it's kinda painful to listen.

Why Kirk? Why not James? I hear only one guitar in this recording so your comment is kind of...
04.06.2014 - 10:06
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Hallford9000 on 02.06.2014 at 16:51

Written by Guest on 26.03.2014 at 10:21

Why Kirk? Why not James? I hear only one guitar in this recording so your comment is kind of...

so you think James did that solo? ok than, James, too.
04.06.2014 - 13:00
Hallford9000

Quote:
So you think James did that solo? ok than, James, too.

Yeah, he also hasn't been the most creative guitarist lately.

Hits total: 5279 | This month: 8