01. The Vampire From Nazareth
02. We, The Gods
03. Pyramid God
04. A Great Mass Of Death
05. Anubis
06. Persepolis
07. Five-Pointed Star

Additional info
Recorded at Devasoundz Studios and Smecky Studios.
Mixed and mastered by Logan Mader.
Orchestral arrangements pre-mixed by Gerard Marino.
Produced by Logan Mader and Septicflesh.
Sound engineered by Fotis Benardo.
Lyrics by Sotiris Vayenas.
Orchestration by Christos Antoniou.
Drum tracking by Steve Venardo.

The orchestra was recorded at Smecky studios in Prague.
Performed by FILMharmanic Orchestra and Children Choir of Prague.
Music contractor and recording manager: Petr Pycha.
Conductor: Adam Klemens.
Sound engineer: Jan Holzner.

Artwork by Seth Siro Anton.

Guest review by
flightoficarus
Rating:
Ever had a burger so good it ruined every other burger for you? I have. In fact, I'm a goddam burger connoisseur. Those who have had the pleasure of eating at Kuma's in Chicago or watch How I Met Your Mother know what I am talking about. Well, for many, The Great Mass was that burger. It was just so juicy and flavorful in its mastery of death/goth fusion and amazing symphonics. Three years have passed now, with the fond memories of that burger only growing every day. So it came as little surprise when Septicflesh's latest meaty outing garnered mixed reviews.

Read more ››
published 09.02.2015 | Comments (9)

Found in 63 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 99   Visited by: 1579 users
24.03.2014 - 22:40
Rating: 10
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
3 months remaining, damn.... :/
25.03.2014 - 05:59
Rating: 9
Creativinity
Need NOW!!! Please! AHH!!!!
25.03.2014 - 09:17
Rating: 7
Akio
3 months is way too much time...
25.03.2014 - 11:39
Rating: 8
s_t_s
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak !
26.03.2014 - 20:48
Opethian
27.03.2014 - 10:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
First it was the awesome Communion, then "the great mass" came which was good but not that great as communion. my hope is that they wont get that much orchestra-oriented as Fleshgod Apocalypse did and forgett the awesome part of death metal...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
30.03.2014 - 15:35
s_t_s
Written by Deadmeat on 27.03.2014 at 10:19

First it was the awesome Communion, then "the great mass" came which was good but not that great as communion. my hope is that they wont get that much orchestra-oriented as Fleshgod Apocalypse did and forgett the awesome part of death metal...

Reading you makes me think that you want us to believe that Septicflesh copied Fleshgod Apocalypse, this is not the right way to see it Anyway I love all SF albums and imho The Great Mass is a much better balanced album than Labyrinth by Fleshgod Apocalypse. Besides I don't think of Septicflesh as a death metal band, so whatever their choice is, I'm sure it will be a good choice
30.03.2014 - 18:00
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by s_t_s on 30.03.2014 at 15:35

Written by Deadmeat on 27.03.2014 at 10:19

Reading you makes me think that you want us to believe that Septicflesh copied Fleshgod Apocalypse, this is not the right way to see it Anyway I love all SF albums and imho The Great Mass is a much better balanced album than Labyrinth by Fleshgod Apocalypse. Besides I don't think of Septicflesh as a death metal band, so whatever their choice is, I'm sure it will be a good choice

well i never said they copied FA. FA could copy SF not the opposite. but i am not saying this either. i agree that the great mass is much better than labyrinth.. generally septicflesh was a lot into death metal. especially Communion and Sumerian Demons were 2 very death metal-ish albums!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
30.03.2014 - 18:06
s_t_s
Written by Deadmeat on 30.03.2014 at 18:00

well i never said they copied FA. FA could copy SF not the opposite. but i am not saying this either. i agree that the great mass is much better than labyrinth.. generally septicflesh was a lot into death metal. especially Communion and Sumerian Demons were 2 very death metal-ish albums!

No problem here, but if you ask me I've never considered Septicflesh to be a death metal band. To be honest I stopped following labels long time ago, it got me bored and confused All in all, I really hope the next Septicflesh album will be as good as all others (only Revolution DNA sounds a bit weak compared to all others imho).
30.03.2014 - 18:25
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by s_t_s on 30.03.2014 at 18:06

No problem here, but if you ask me I've never considered Septicflesh to be a death metal band. To be honest I stopped following labels long time ago, it got me bored and confused All in all, I really hope the next Septicflesh album will be as good as all others (only Revolution DNA sounds a bit weak compared to all others imho).

well i agree about "labeling"... i just hope i'll rate "titan" with a "10" but it's kinda difficult to happen
----
31.03.2014 - 12:11
s_t_s
Written by Deadmeat on 30.03.2014 at 18:25

Written by s_t_s on 30.03.2014 at 18:06

well i agree about "labeling"... i just hope i'll rate "titan" with a "10" but it's kinda difficult to happen

Guess I will never rate any album a 10 because what could you expect next ? 11 out of 10 ?

Anyway The Great Mass is awesome and so is Communion, tho I think it's a bit too short, so let's hope Titan will be a great follow up ! Hope we got something to feed on very soon !
06.04.2014 - 13:11
garmling
Account deleted
Hm, looks like this image shows the tracklist... Dogma, Burn, The First Immortal, Titan, Morbid, Tesa.... If those are right, I like it...short and in the face! and judging by those two making off videos, this will be a monster! Hope they'll release a single soon...

https://www.facebook.com/septicfleshband/photos/a.10150699285405386.709027.315762475385/10153939518375386/?type=1&theater
15.04.2014 - 16:33
SceneryOfLoss
Http://open.spotify.com/album/3Y46Tc8sCqPU68tzQ4GyEg

New single.
26.04.2014 - 12:04
hidden_ninja
Amazing single! Can't wait for the album!!
20.05.2014 - 16:53
garmling
Account deleted
And here're the samples of new album....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Titan-Septicflesh/dp/B00K1JLGOY
20.05.2014 - 18:51
madgoren
2 users already have it, wow! Please share.
25.05.2014 - 20:31
eldaralex
Another site with 1-minute samples
http://www.7digital.com/artist/septicflesh/release/titan
28.05.2014 - 08:13
John Shock
This is gonna be heaven!!!
28.05.2014 - 19:57
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.06.2014 - 01:05
Leaked. DIsgustingly good.
16.06.2014 - 18:47
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
Just appeared in Russian iTunes btw!
16.06.2014 - 22:28
The Paul
AWE-SOME!
17.06.2014 - 13:33
Rating: 9
Eternity'sChild
Listened to it now the first time - I didn't get too much of it. I just remember the aweful Chorus from Burn (although now it sounds much better, than when I first heard it) and Order of Dracul, plus some nice parts here and there, but nothing too special. Let's see how it will turn out for me after some spins more.
18.06.2014 - 08:22
MetalDoomMaster
More enjoyable than The Great Mass, which is not saying much since that was a pretty mediocre record.
18.06.2014 - 10:04
Panzerfrost
Perfect! It is really a perfect release! These guys know perfectly well how to combine symphonic themes with the severe guitar riffs. As for me Insomnium, Agalloch and Septic Flesh releases tend to be best ones in 2014. I'm looking forward to hearing the next Opeth opus.
Nevertheless. we have just to enjoy this wonderful album!
18.06.2014 - 12:36
s_t_s
After a few spins, I can confirm that I really love this album, yet and this is a very small "yet", to me the orchestral part is a bit too much this time and most tracks seem to get in a thousand directions. Still very enjoyable but I wonder how this may sound live and if you put me thru a blind test, I guess I couldn't name a lot of tracks.

Imho, things go this way :

- Communion : 30% orchestra, 70% death metal (or whatever you call it)
- The Great Mass : 50% orchestra, 50% death metal (my favourite album of SF I think !)
- Titan : 70% orchestra, 30% death metal.
18.06.2014 - 15:43
garmling
Account deleted
Masterpiece!
18.06.2014 - 18:37
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I urge those that were displeased with 'Burn' and 'Order of Dracul', to listen to the entire album in one go and preferably more times. Taken as a whole, the album is just as good as the past three and even the tracks I mention sound better when you take them as a whole and not separately.
19.06.2014 - 01:08
musicalkaratekid
A lovely progression with this well-performed musical formula, but I feel that at times the band overdo it a bit. Nonetheless, it remains a fluent and solid album, and one that alongside their previous two albums, will be remembered as career-defining. My favourites are "Burn" and "Order of Dracul".
19.06.2014 - 08:13
Stunning Cactus
4 tracks in and I honestly prefer The Great Mass. This project seems to be a tad overrated, HOWEVER - I'll be sure to listen to the rest of it before I make any final decisions about it.

Hits total: 31084 | This month: 44