01. The Vampire From Nazareth
02. We, The Gods
03. Pyramid God
04. A Great Mass Of Death
05. Anubis
06. Persepolis
07. Five-Pointed Star

Additional info
Recorded at Devasoundz Studios and Smecky Studios.
Mixed and mastered by Logan Mader.
Orchestral arrangements pre-mixed by Gerard Marino.
Produced by Logan Mader and Septicflesh.
Sound engineered by Fotis Benardo.
Lyrics by Sotiris Vayenas.
Orchestration by Christos Antoniou.
Drum tracking by Steve Venardo.

The orchestra was recorded at Smecky studios in Prague.
Performed by FILMharmanic Orchestra and Children Choir of Prague.
Music contractor and recording manager: Petr Pycha.
Conductor: Adam Klemens.
Sound engineer: Jan Holzner.

Artwork by Seth Siro Anton.

Guest review by
flightoficarus
Rating:
Ever had a burger so good it ruined every other burger for you? I have. In fact, I'm a goddam burger connoisseur. Those who have had the pleasure of eating at Kuma's in Chicago or watch How I Met Your Mother know what I am talking about. Well, for many, The Great Mass was that burger. It was just so juicy and flavorful in its mastery of death/goth fusion and amazing symphonics. Three years have passed now, with the fond memories of that burger only growing every day. So it came as little surprise when Septicflesh's latest meaty outing garnered mixed reviews.

Read more ››
published 09.02.2015 | Comments (9)

Found in 63 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 99   Visited by: 1579 users
02.07.2014 - 22:32
Rating: 9
Gelati
If you're a fan of ensembles that integrate like Septicflesh does, this album is outstanding. I found the heavy use of orchestra not only appropriate, but extraordinarily well done. That being said, this isn't nearly as good as The Great Mass if you're looking at the same characteristics. It's still an outstanding album and one of the better ones this year (albeit it's been a kind of weak year SO FAR).

Long story short, if you like this sort of thing, then this album is great, if not, its merely "ok."
03.07.2014 - 13:55
Rating: 10
This album is perfect ! the Orchestral parts blend perfectly with the heavy death metal sound, that's something not any band can do, the the orchestral parts were stunning, each song has its own atmosphere, I just can't stop listening to it
03.07.2014 - 18:39
Eccer
I must admit feeling slightly left out in the first run. But, as every other septicflesh album, it has the power to grow on you. Because they always do the unexpected, even maintaining their genuine sound and approach to dark concepts. The bombast is definitely bigger this time, but it fits... given the theme. Can't wait until I get my digipack, and until then. I will not rate it yet. The experience must be complete to fully understand their vision! :-D
03.07.2014 - 19:56
sotirissmith
This album is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05.07.2014 - 23:53
RVN
Brilliant... Just brilliant...
06.07.2014 - 02:22
Jawsofchaos
This album is definitely the best release this year so far and it's easily stands tall like a Titan in the best of 2014 list.
06.07.2014 - 06:16
Mihell
MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!!
06.07.2014 - 17:26
Stoned Crow
I like this, much more so than The Great Mass. My favorite track on the previous album was Therianthropy, so my opinion might mean very little. Still, I like Titan. My favorite tracks so far are Burn and Ground Zero. It would probably lose fans, but I want more cleans. I like Sotiris's voice. The choir parts are nice, as well.
----
I'm very serious about not being serious.
06.07.2014 - 19:28
Rating: 6
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Stoned Crow on 06.07.2014 at 17:26

It would probably lose fans, but I want more cleans. I like Sotiris's voice.
You're not the only one. His cleans have a special sonority to it that really appeals to me
----
loves 小巫
07.07.2014 - 09:57
Rating: 8
Hazelnut Nero
(The link below leads to my list that happens to feature this album. Because I am too lazy to explain this myself, someone with the appropriate permissions elected to do so for me by editing my comment. Thank you, anonymous Elite member.)

Http://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=3707
08.07.2014 - 03:07
Rating: 7
Opethian
Great release! Who's Dimmu Borgir!? ... Oh thats right. A thing of the past
08.07.2014 - 03:20
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Opethian on 08.07.2014 at 03:07

Great release! Who's Dimmu Borgir!? ... Oh thats right. A thing of the past

Honestly, this sound like a "death metal" version of Dimmu Borgir.

Yeah, it can't be good.
11.07.2014 - 22:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I've come to the conclusion, after my first full listen that this album doesn't really have any replay value. I've never been the biggest Septicflesh fan, but this album, for some reason, doesn't do it for me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.07.2014 - 11:13
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by s_t_s on 21.06.2014 at 17:03

Matter of taste as I really love "Burn"

Your taste sucks. I'm kidding, but seriously the clean vocals are tasteless while the rest of the song is fantastic; I believe that is what everyone is complaining about.
14.07.2014 - 11:57
Rating: 5
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
I've enjoyed their last couple of records but I just couldn't get into this at all. It feels like they took all the songs that weren't deemed good enough to feature on The Great Mass, filled them with as much orchestral sections as they could, and overproduced the hell out of it to come up with a generic, directionless album where all the songs sound the same & doesn't hold your attention at all...but hey, that's just me
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
14.07.2014 - 15:43
Wes
Written by LeChron James on 11.07.2014 at 22:08

I've come to the conclusion, after my first full listen that this album doesn't really have any replay value. I've never been the biggest Septicflesh fan, but this album, for some reason, doesn't do it for me.

Unfortunately I can't get into this one. Not even sure if I can get through the album
14.07.2014 - 17:18
s_t_s
Written by LeKiwi on 14.07.2014 at 11:13

Written by s_t_s on 21.06.2014 at 17:03

Matter of taste as I really love "Burn"

Your taste sucks. I'm kidding, but seriously the clean vocals are tasteless while the rest of the song is fantastic; I believe that is what everyone is complaining about.

My mom told me not to talk to unknown kiwis !
18.07.2014 - 10:58
zakapior
Oh great, i'm not the only one who thinks that this album is chaotic
I have tried several spins and i am still disappointed. Titan was made out of clay :/
30.07.2014 - 01:31
Zap
Written by Erik M. on 30.06.2014 at 23:16

Good album, but it didn't impress me a whole lot. Going to spin it a couple times more to find out if it's a grower or not.

If you think this is good, you should check out Communion and Sumerian Daemons (if you haven't already, of course). Titan's alright, but quite underwhelming compared to those two.
30.07.2014 - 17:31
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
What I really love above this album is that it, unlike many and many albums, doesn't start out great and then goes downhill. On contrary, in my opinion, it's actually a kind of a crescendo that with the final note of The First Immortal lefts me craving more. Also the balance of symphonic music and death metal, which I find close to perfect, makes me enjoy Titan even more.
Finally, it just occurred to me that this is what a proper soundtrack to a nightmare should sound like.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
30.07.2014 - 23:04
Erik M.
Written by Zap on 30.07.2014 at 01:31

If you think this is good, you should check out Communion and Sumerian Daemons (if you haven't already, of course). Titan's alright, but quite underwhelming compared to those two.

Oh yeah, thanks for remembering me about those albums. So no, haven't yet checked them out. Going to spin this one a couple times more to judge it properly though.
30.07.2014 - 23:13
Zap
Written by Erik M. on 30.07.2014 at 23:04

Going to spin this one a couple times more to judge it properly though.

Yeah, I should probably do the same, but I was quite disappointed on my first couple of listens, and only made it to the last song once...
08.08.2014 - 16:09
Jawsofchaos
There's epicness written all over it!
17.08.2014 - 10:03
ke ke
This album would be perfect if vocals was better
28.08.2014 - 23:38
Sword_Chant
It's pretty good. The first 3 songs are brutal... but the 2nd half of the album loses its edge and is mostly filler.
30.09.2014 - 13:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The first bad album for the capabilities of this band in many years... the shortest songs are the best imo without beiing great at all though..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
24.10.2014 - 04:45
Spanishkiller
OMG are chorus in Burn terrible...
01.11.2014 - 20:36
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Very great album "8.9", Dimmu Borgir meets Behemoth meets Amon Amarth.
Orchestral versions are really superb.
21.11.2014 - 04:44
Rating: 5
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yeah... sadly not on the bandwagon here. I loved The Great Mass and was excited for this but, no.

The vocals, especially at the beginning, are comically bad. It's like he's imitating a death metal vocalist and making fun. The orchestrations get kinda interesting here and there, so do a couple of guitar leads (it's not a TERRIBLE album) but it's just not coalescing in the slightest for me. Almost a caricature of the genre labels. Couldn't even finish it.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
16.12.2014 - 11:20
SergioBv
Great album, great atmosphere... i'm really ejoying.

Hits total: 31092 | This month: 52