Metal Storm logo
Suomi/Finnish language

Original post

Posted by , 21.01.2007 - 00:19
I know some of you guys learn Finnish language, including me. I searched some threads containing Suomi/Finnish words but didn't find any concerning learning a language. That's why I'm starting this one. I've been studying Finnish on my own for 2 or more years, but only now I started seriously digging it, grammar, vocabulary, listening and writing.

So what I want in this thread, in language practise. Who's interested? Also, native Finns' help also appreciated!

To start a bit:

Olen Monika, olen puolalainen tyttö. Olen kaksikymentäviisi voutta vanha. Mitä sinulle kuuluu? Opiskelen suomea, koska lomalla olin Suomessa

I'm Monika, I'm a Polish girl. I'm 25 years old. How are you? I'm studying Finnish, because during holidays I visited Finland. It was a wonderful experience.
15.07.2014 - 21:47
IronAngel

Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.07.2014 at 17:31

These are all players on the Anaheim Ducks of the NHL who had two Fantastic Finns on their team at the time in Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu. It might not be practical to learn the language but when you play with a first-ballot Hall of Famer and former long-time Montreal Canadiens captain, I think it's a sign of respect to learn at least a bit of what they say in their native tongue.

Oh yeah, I got that. I meant in general, or specifically in reference to this topic. If I had time to learn any new language in the world, it would be French or Russian or something.
14.10.2016 - 21:45
Haddock666

Yay, finnish topic