Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - Entire New Album Streaming Online

The Finns Sonata Arctica's newest creation Pariah's Child sees its official release in Europe today, with March 31st being the release date in the UK/France and April 1st in North America on Nuclear Blast Records. However, you don't have to wait any longer to listen to the entire thing because it is streaming in full at this location.

When you listen to it, tell us your impressions of the album. Do you prefer it to Stones Grow Her Name?

Tracklist:

01. The Wolves Die Young
02. Running Lights
03. Take One Breath
04. Cloud Factory
05. Blood
06. What Did You Do In The War, Dad?
07. Half A Marathon Man
08. X Marks The Spot
09. Love
10. Larger Than Life

[Thanks to wrathchild for the tip!]

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 28.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 113 users
28.03.2014 - 16:58
Vombatus
Potorro
Meh. Meeeeeeeh.

I was not expecting a return to power metal even if Tony sort of implied it, but it is better than the pathetic SGHN. Somehow it reminds of a (very) bad version of TDoG (which was a good album) so I'm not happy either. Doubt they will ever come back with quality material.
28.03.2014 - 17:53
Wukk

Larger than Life is a massive disappointment, it just reminded me of everything I dislike about The Days of Grays. The rest is great, with tracks 5-8 being the highlights for me.

EDIT: I take back what I said, everything is much better the second time round. And Larger than Life isn't as good as Destruction Preventer/The Power of One/White Pearl/the Wildfires, but 'massive disappointment' was a bit undeserved. I guess it's because the band were acting like it was the greatest song ever written in the track-by-tracks.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
28.03.2014 - 18:16
Lehctim

I like the production. Bass and drums are more prominent, sounds thicker and not as wimpy as a lot of their other stuff.
28.03.2014 - 20:12
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Nothing spectacular, but a lot better than I anticipated. A couple of really decent songs in there somewhere.
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
28.03.2014 - 22:58
Uller

Blood is an awesome weird song that I don't know if I liked
Sonata... I'm really confused
----
29.03.2014 - 05:39
The Evergreen

Okay, it's not as good as I was hoping, but it was pretty damn good. Understand that Sonata Arctica is my favourite band and that it got that status with the first five albums (yes, I loved Unia). So just because I didn't love this does not mean it's not good. I thought Wolves die young would be more representative because it's so much like older Sonata Arctica. My only other reference was Cloud Factory which I did not like as much, but it does remind me of Tricky Beans.
So it's not old Sonata Arctica, gone is the towering greatness, but it's still a hell of a fun album. Most of the songs make me want to belt out the song aloud... And the two that don't...
Love is a beautiful song. Just beautiful. Not metal at all, but beautiful.
Then we come to What Did You Do In The War, Dad.
I am a military man myself. I have always appreciated Sonata Arctica's take on the tired "war is hell" theme. Replica could be a biography of far too many of my friends, consequently, I love the song. Destruction Preventer is more "my own" song.
What Did You Do In The War, Dad blew me away. I was moved to tears. Its the only song I listened to only once, the emotional impact is just too much.
So I say bravo to Tony and company. It was not what I expected, but it was one hell of a ride. I also really like what Henrik is doing with the keys.
I'll shut up now.
29.03.2014 - 09:31
R Lewis

Written by The Evergreen on 29.03.2014 at 05:39

Love is a beautiful song. Just beautiful. Not metal at all, but beautiful.
Then we come to What Did You Do In The War, Dad.
I am a military man myself. I have always appreciated Sonata Arctica's take on the tired "war is hell" theme. Replica could be a biography of far too many of my friends, consequently, I love the song. Destruction Preventer is more "my own" song.
What Did You Do In The War, Dad blew me away. I was moved to tears. Its the only song I listened to only once, the emotional impact is just too much.

That's me. Those two songs are amazing, as I said in the review. However, I also liked "Cloud Factory". It's simple and catchy.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
10.04.2014 - 22:41
Stunning Cactus

The album is no longer streaming...
10.04.2014 - 23:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Stunning Cactus on 10.04.2014 at 22:41

It was up for almost two weeks - can't expect it to stream forever.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.04.2014 - 06:05
JPR

Is not bad. But since Jari left the band, the guitar lines are few... and empty
Never knew why he is not part of the band since he left behind his other responsibilities.

PD: excuse my use of english, greets!
13.04.2014 - 09:22
Stunning Cactus

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.04.2014 at 23:00

Written by Stunning Cactus on 10.04.2014 at 22:41

It was up for almost two weeks - can't expect it to stream forever.

I was just disappointed because I needed to hear Larger Than Life a million more times

But it's okay...the individual songs appear to be still be randomly available on YouTube.

Hits total: 1981 | This month: 2