Metal Storm logo
Sexiest Vocals You've Heard On A Band?

Original post

Posted by Karlabos, 30.03.2014 - 00:45
The title kinda says it all: Which are the sexiest vocals you've heard on music in general?
Post it here, or if you can't make a decision on just one, then rec a small amount. I wanna hear your opinions.

It's on general music subforum but could be metal as well, if you can find metal vocals sexier than on non-metal bands.
03.04.2014 - 14:58
IronAngel
Three votes for Beth so far. I think we have a winner!

To be fair, though, I think it is partly due to the inherent sexiness of Portishead's music. If she sang something upbeat, it might not be so obvious.
03.04.2014 - 15:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by IronAngel on 03.04.2014 at 14:58
To be fair, though, I think it is partly due to the inherent sexiness of Portishead's music. If she sang something upbeat, it might not be so obvious.

Good point. She's the beneficiary of some truly sexy beats - it just so happens that her silky vocals fit the sound perfectly.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.04.2014 - 21:27
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by angel. on 03.04.2014 at 14:08

does she sound sexy ?

Well you should listen to some Portishead and find out for yourself. Unless you've heard Portishead and you're asking how I find her voice sexy?
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
03.04.2014 - 22:03
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Spirit Molecule on 03.04.2014 at 21:27

Unless you've heard Portishead and you're asking how I find her voice sexy?

Yes that's what I meant
----
The Fangirl.
03.04.2014 - 22:37
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by angel. on 03.04.2014 at 22:03

Yes that's what I meant

Well it's subjective isn't it I definitely think she's got a sexy and beautiful voice. I'm more surprised that you haven't asked about the other artists.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
03.04.2014 - 23:03
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Spirit Molecule on 03.04.2014 at 22:37

Well it's subjective isn't it I definitely think she's got a sexy and beautiful voice. I'm more surprised that you haven't asked about the other artists.

It's true that it's a matter of taste, but I always thought that she had such sad and depressing tone which wouldn't make anyone to define her voice sexy let alone considering it as one of the sexiest vocals
----
The Fangirl.
03.04.2014 - 23:49
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by angel. on 03.04.2014 at 23:03

It's true that it's a matter of taste, but I always thought that she had such sad and depressing tone which wouldn't make anyone to define her voice sexy let alone considering it as one of the sexiest vocals

Ah, well, I love her voice. I definitely find her voice quite sexy.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.04.2014 - 00:02
IronAngel
Sad, perhaps, but not depressing. What makes it sexy, I suppose, is how it's husky/breathy and fragile at the same time. Many women sound quite sharp in the upper register, but hers is a sensual vibrato. It probably activates some primitive orgasms-detectors. Besides, Beth has a unique, recognizable voice, that nasal whine (prominent on Cowboys, for example) - and I find unique character sexy. Sexiness is also associated with a smoky, lazy mystery - the clear and plain tone of someone like Amy Lee could never evoke anything sexual for me. And that's where Portishead's music comes in, too: it sounds a lot like the dizzy, out-of-body sensation of falling into bed a little drunk and really absorbed in the mood of the situation. The slow, swaying rhythm, the psychedelic, usually soft but occasionally abrasive soundscapes, and just the tasteful beauty and tenderness of their melodies makes it very erotic music.

It's kind of hard to analyze. I am not sure she's the sexiest voice around, but it's the one I first thought of.