10. Ring Of Fire [Johnny Cash cover]
11. Power and Glory [special edition bonus]
12. You're Not Alone [special edition bonus]
13. Chemical Interference [special edition bonus]
14. Fight to Be Free [Shadow Warriors cover] [special edition bonus]
15. Summer's End [Japanese bonus]
16. Galactic Astro Domination [Remixed] [special edition bonus]

Additional info
Pre-production recording: Damien Rainaud.
Producer: Jens Bogren.
Mixing: Jens Bogren & Damien Rainaud.
Mastered: Tony Lindgren, Damien Rainaud & Svante Forsbäck.
Engineer: Johan Örnborg & Linus Corneliusson.
Cover art & photography: Caio Caldas & Scott Chalmers.

Staff review by
R Lewis
Rating:
Some wise guy in some forum recently said "Sure, DragonForce only has one song, but it's catchy as hell."

Read more ››
published 10.08.2014 | Comments (23)

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 40   Visited by: 862 users
10.09.2014 - 16:39
Rating: 9
Mariocalin

Really good album
----
We are the priest of the temple of Synix
15.09.2014 - 23:40
Rating: 8
Spacerunner

Finally they stopped playing instruments and started playing music. Second good album in a row and definitly their best one.
27.09.2014 - 02:57
The Galactician

Written by HyperDrifter on 12.08.2014 at 23:15

Written by Necrodamus on 14.06.2014 at 08:15

"Symphony of the Night," wonder if they were playing Castlevania when writing this...lol

Same thought here, with these guys being massive gamers I wouldn't put it past them

I think it is definitely a Castlevania song. I found an interview from a couple years back where Frederic Leclercq mentions playing Castlevania, and the lyrics also reference vampires.

I was never much into these guys but I am enjoying this record a lot, even more so knowing they write songs about video games.
10.10.2014 - 17:39
Rating: 7
Lethrokai

Surprisingly, it's alright.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
20.03.2015 - 17:00
Rating: 10
Ornusashas

Seriously, their best album ever. Can't stop listening to it.
----
Need to make a living somehow... http://creamandpowder.com/
20.03.2015 - 18:14
Lit.
Account deleted
I'm addicted to Ring Of Fire for some reason. I fucking hate Johnny Cash and the original, but this version has the pseudo-epic vibe present in DragonForce's music that makes it fun to listen to.
28.04.2015 - 06:26
Rating: 9
chomskeet

Written by Ornusashas on 20.03.2015 at 17:00

Seriously, their best album ever. Can't stop listening to it.

I totally agree! My buddy just told me to listen to this and it's easily my favorite Dragonforce release to date. I listened to all their old albums at least a dozen times or so each but they never had much staying power barring a couple standout tracks each album. This is a whole new Dragonforce..... The solos are still sick but don't take up the entire song like they used to. It's nice to see their signature sound combined with a more traditional song structure. So much better with reasonable song times. I like the new singer equally well if not better. I'm addicted to fast, catchy, and video-gamey so my 9 rating's probably a bit inflated unless you also like that stuff. I just looked this album up on wikipedia and it says that "The Game" is their fastest track to date at 240bpm. I'm not sure that's what makes it tight, but it's definitely one of the standout tracks on the album. And yes, more growls please......Maybe next time add a female singer and some piano compositions in a couple tracks like Dragonland?

Favorite tracks
1- The Game
6- The Sun is Dead
13- Chemical Interference
14- Summer's End

Addendum: I go to a lot of metal shows and saw my first Dragonforce show last night due to how much I liked this album. It was highly entertaining, I'd put it in the top 20% of shows I've seen. I would definitely go again if they were headlining or played with someone I liked (ie NOT Kamelot).
12.04.2018 - 05:59
Rating: 8
DeathMetal

Besides the terrible opening song and an equally terrible Johnny Cash cover, this was a pretty good album.
16.02.2020 - 01:46
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by psykometal on 29.08.2014 at 03:31

Power metal is much more highly regarded and respected than pop-punk ever will be. Pop-punk is a phase, highly doubt it's going to stand the test of time and last for another 2 or 3+ decades.

Proper Power Metal indeed. This tho, sucks.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
09.05.2022 - 22:22
Rating: 10
dogs are awesome

For sure my favorite album ever made. No weak spot on here, each song gets me coming back because there is something I miss on each of them. Definitely has helped me through some tough times even if I ever outgrow it will always have a place in my heart. "The Game" "Tomorrow's Kings" "You're not Alone" and "Three Hammers" are the best songs here.

Hits total: 18930 | This month: 23