Metal Storm logo
Pungent Stench

22.01.2007 - 06:31
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Pungent Stench are a criminally underrated groovy death metal act from Austria, with a very dirty sound and an ultra sick concept behind. I especially like their album "Been Caught Buttering", but all their stuff is worthy, with a corrosive riffing and a very rusted voice... I could descrive them as something between Entombed and Illdisposed, but I personally prefer Pungent Stench far over both acts.
23.01.2007 - 18:44
Herzebeth

I'm not really a fan, but they have an amazing live act that's for sure...I guess they became soft for my taste and I stopped looking for their music
----
23.01.2007 - 19:53
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Well, that's the problem when you're deathster... after a few years listening to death metal, everything more mellow than Pig Destroyer is "too soft"

Anyway, Pungent Stench have BRILLIANT songs... "Games Of Humilliation" is probably my favourite of the whole death metal genre.
09.01.2008 - 13:35
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Fun band, but I wouldn't call them underrated. Imo, they're just nothing too special or something, they're like benediction, they play some good death metal, but nothing too good or too special. Though, their debut album has some serious shit going on.
10.01.2008 - 05:39
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Naah, Benediction must be the most boring death metal band around, while I can listen to Pungent Stench again and again and even like them more after all these thousands of listens.

btw, incredible that this thread was inactive for 1 year!
10.01.2008 - 07:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 10.01.2008 at 05:39

Naah, Benediction must be the most boring death metal band around, while I can listen to Pungent Stench again and again and even like them more after all these thousands of listens.

btw, incredible that this thread was inactive for 1 year!

FINALLY someone who didn't grow up with them agrees with me on Benediction. Somehow nowadays they are almost revered by many a death metal lover whilst back when they started they were considered one of the many a dime a dozen bands, just like Cancer. SOmehow the Brits/English neve really got to grasps with playin death metal, same for most of their thrash bands too.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2009 - 00:11
WITCHCLAN

PUNGENT STENCH!! Awesome is the only word that springs to mind! First came to my attention when Been Caught Buttering came out and I saw that cover of the two old mens heads kissing - ultra sick! I knew then that I just had to check them out and I was not disappointed.
I loved the dirty sludgy sound to the production and the vomit gargling vocals were so distinctive and unique.
I love the fusion of Death and Jazz style structures to the songs and wow - those lyrics, sick and original or what?
They continued to impress me with later releases and will always be one of my favourite bands. If you haven't yet heard their material then you need to - where have you been???!
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
09.10.2014 - 05:31
Totenlieder

Been Caught Buttering
One of my favorite death metal albums.
----
Blut & Krieg