Metal Storm logo
Tiamat - Frontman Johan Edlund Leaving The Band

The end might be near for gothic metallers Tiamat. The veteran band will lose its frontman since Johan "Hellslaughter" Edlund announced that he is leaving the group. He posted a message on the band's Facebook page explaining that his health no longer allows him to continue and if the band wants to move on without him, it's their decision. Johan will still perform on the summer festivals and then it's over, at least for him.

This means The Scarred People might be the band's swansong.

Johan posted the following message: "I have decided to leave Tiamat. My health etc... Doesn't work any longer. I say leave because I don't claim anything Tiamat. If the other guys wanna continue, fine. Go ahead. Get a great good looking vocalist, sign to Century Media & just do it. But I'm out & not even interested apart from wishing all the best for the band. All contracts & such will be handed out to Anders, Lars & Roger, if they're into it. I want nothing from this, I was spoiled too much of being an adult. Give someone a better chance. I will do the four festivals we have booked for the summer. Face it, there are other bands, plus even Tiamat might get better! Love my brothers & thank YOU for your support! KISSES!"

[Thanks to Daniell for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tiamat
Posted: 09.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 249 users
09.04.2014 - 13:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
He is Tiamat Tiamat is his voice, band has no futire whit out him
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2014 - 14:38
SceneryOfLoss
Sad. I love his voice and I'm pretty sure they won't go on without him.
09.04.2014 - 14:42
Ivor
Staff
Hate to agree but Tiamat without Johan is unlikely to be Tiamat. While he wasn't the only writer, his voice is the fundamental defining characteristic of the band. This is sad news indeed.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
09.04.2014 - 15:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
What the fuck? That was a shocker. Too bad and I agree with the previous posts: I don't think it will be Tiamat without him. And also sad that "The Scarred People" then would be their swansong, since I didn't like it.
----
09.04.2014 - 18:22
Aurelija
I'm shocked... too bad... they were a great band.
09.04.2014 - 18:59
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Whoa...
09.04.2014 - 22:14
cossaisVendeurs
The new Bloodbath singer shares the same birth year as Edlund and is now leaving Tiamat.

Coincidence?
09.04.2014 - 23:13
Wukk
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 09.04.2014 at 22:14

The new Bloodbath singer shares the same birth year as Edlund and is now leaving Tiamat.

Coincidence?

Coincidence, which won't lead to the conclusion you're implying methinks. If he's leaving due to health reasons and doesn't want to front a band anymore (his own brainchild, at that), then he won't be fronting Bloodbath any time soon.

Watch me be proven wrong in a couple of months.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
09.04.2014 - 23:26
cossaisVendeurs
Never saw the health reasons bit, haha. I'll put my deerhunter hat and magnifying glass away now
11.04.2014 - 03:38
kingeryck
Nononononononono
11.04.2014 - 11:23
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
So this means the end of Tiamat... It's sad, but there is no way the band can move on without him.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
15.04.2014 - 15:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Tiamat just posted "Ha ha.. Not so sure anymore. Bring up the wages." on their Facebook page.
----
28.04.2014 - 12:54
Sang Dalang Abu
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
28.04.2014 - 22:50
Metalmeet
He is back. atleast it looks so seeing the latest post on their official fb page.

Hits total: 6727 | This month: 11