Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - Killers & Kings Tour Dates Announced

The Americans Machine Head started to announce the first round of tour dates in 2014 for North America and Europe as well. The Killers & Kings Tour will serve as an album primer for more dates in November/December, but more importantly it will hit numerous cities that Machine Head hasn't headlined in for over a decade, or in several cases, never headlined, or even played, at all. Machine Head are currently in the studio recording their eighth album for a summer 2014 release.

Says vocalist/guitarist Robb Flynn: "In keeping with the intimate club tour-vibe we are doing in the USA this summer, for our first time ever, we decided to blow off 90% of all Euro summer festivals, and hit the nooks and crannies of the UK and Europe as well. We will be doing no major cities in any territories throughout Europe and the UK for this first leg of 2014. No London, no Berlin, etc, and instead focusing on the die-hard Machine Head fans that who don't often get the chance to see us because the travel is too far or too costly to get the big cities.

"I remember when we were out with Metallica doing festivals a few years ago, we played in a small out-of-the-way city in Denmark called Aarhus, we'd never played there let alone, ever even heard of the fucking place. We were all a bit grumbly before the show, and you know what? It ended up being one of the funnest shows we've ever done. Doing shows like this, it creates an energy, it creates a bond, something unbreakable, and it is really fucking fun. It's Machine Head without all the big production, the bells and whistles, stripped down and raw. What will be really cool is that in the UK, we've never done a club tour, it happened so fast for us there that other than a handful of epically insane, wildly drunken Ten Ton Hammer club shows, we've only played bigger halls, so we are really looking forward to giving our fans something special there. Plus, we've been hearing from our Scottish fans for decades that we need to get to Edinburgh! So finally, 21 years into our existence, we're coming, and we're ready to fucking plunder Scotland!"

Killers & Kings Tour confirmed tour dates:

May 11 - Boone, IA - Central Iowa Expo **(LazerFest)
May 17 - Pomona, CA - Fox Theater **(Scion Music Fest)
Jul 8 - Fresno, CA - Strummers
Jul 10 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
Jul 11 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
Jul 13 - Billings, MT - The Carlin
Jul 15 - Fargo, ND - The Venue
Jul 17 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Piere's
Jul 19 - Oshkosh, WI - Ford Festival Park **(Rock USA Fest)
Jul 21 - Nashville, TN - Exit/In
Jul 23 - Little Rock, AR - Juanita's
Jul 24 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom
Jul 25 - Springfield, MO - Outland Ballroom
** Part of festival date

29-Jul - UK, Nottingham, Rescue Rooms
31-Jul - UK, Edinburgh, Liquid Rooms
2-Aug - UK, Leeds, Stylus
3-Aug - UK, Norwich, Waterfront
4-Aug - UK, Brighton Concorde II
6-Aug - The Netherlands, Zwolle, Hedon
7-Aug - Belgium, Antwerp, Trix
8-Aug - Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Den Atelier
9-Aug - Switzerland, Winterthur, Salzhaus
11-Aug - Austria, Dornbirn, Conrad Sohm
12-Aug - Czech Republic, Prague, Roxy
13-Aug - Poland, Warsaw, Palladium
15-Aug - Germany, Dinkelsbühl, Summerbreeze
16-Aug - Germany, Hamburg, Elbriot
17-Aug - Germany, Herford, X Festival
19-Aug - Denmark, Aarhus, Train
21-Aug - Norway, Stavanger, Folken
22-Aug - Sweden, Gothenburg, Tradgarn

This summer, Nuclear Blast Entertainment will release Machine Head's next full-length album, the band's debut for the label. In anticipation and to celebrate Record Store Day (April 19th, 2014), the group will also release a limited edition 10" featuring a demo version of a brand new track entitled "Killers & Kings". Side B of the release will also feature Machine Head covering a track by the southern hardcore outfit, Ignite.

This limited edition 10" will also feature four alternate covers with two specific colors, each limited to 1,000 copies.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Machine Head
Posted: 09.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 104 users
09.04.2014 - 20:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Coming to my town, but £25 is too much for a band I only have a passing interest in.
09.04.2014 - 20:52
Lit.
Account deleted
That vinyl looks kinda sweet, though, especially the High Priestess one. Better come with a music coupon or something, though.
09.04.2014 - 23:31
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
All the good bands never come to my neck of the woods. The only bands in my area are mediocre Punk bands & wannabe Metalcore bands.
09.04.2014 - 23:51
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Awesome - hope you do the same Down Under and come to Canberra and destroy this place!
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
10.04.2014 - 05:32
HyperDrifter

No London date? They usually come to Brixton so don't understand why they're missing it this time
10.04.2014 - 05:39
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by HyperDrifter on 10.04.2014 at 05:32

No London date? They usually come to Brixton so don't understand why they're missing it this time

Did you read the article?
----
10.04.2014 - 06:14
HyperDrifter

Written by Ace Frawley on 10.04.2014 at 05:39

Written by HyperDrifter on 10.04.2014 at 05:32

Did you read the article?

I stand corrected. No I did not read it. need to be more careful what I post in future!
10.04.2014 - 13:18
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 09.04.2014 at 20:42

Coming to my town, but £25 is too much for a band I only have a passing interest in.

No worries - you can save your money for when Bieber comes to your town.
----
10.04.2014 - 13:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ace Frawley on 10.04.2014 at 13:18

No worries - you can save your money for when Bieber comes to your town.

Nah, I've got Aluk Todolo and Stephen O'Malley on Sunday, half the price of the machine head ticket so will get beers instead

Hits total: 2338 | This month: 4