Metal Storm logo
What is your favourite doom metal subgenre?

Poll

What is your favourite doom subgenre?

Death doom
Funeral doom
Traditional/Epic doom
Sludge doom
Stoner doom
Folk doom
Drone doom
Avant garde/Experimental doom

Total votes: 134
22.01.2007 - 08:57
sven_the_impaler
Account deleted
Let me know if I've missed any

I like traditional and death/doom the most.
22.01.2007 - 12:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1) YOU SHOOd EXPlAIN YOUR OPINIUM
2)IT SHOOD BE IN METAL ARENA
3)I HAD SEEN SUCH POLL SOMEWHERE IN MS!

wrathchild@K7 You're wright its locked

I had talked a lot of about doom metal and I had say a lot of thinks about it so I realy wont reapite my self and wont mention bands, because ehh not usefull but I moustly listen death/doom, trad/doom and folk/doom and other doom

Traditional/Epic doom -
I like it but its Trad like Black Sabbath, Epic - Doomsword and NWOBHM, Wtichfounder General, Pagan Altar
Of course I listen more bands of genre so I just mention one
I like it ist more like heavy metal but whit skowley riffs I love it, good genre

Sludge doom - Give some examples I like it ewen its rear genre and I need soem atmosfere and feelings to listen it

Stoner doom - Haha Acid Bath are great and Stoner Doom are close to Stoner so try Abramis Brama

Death doom - I love it, realy love it Fall of Empyrium are good band

Drone doom - Underground gernre and Sun O))) god band

Funeral doom- Good slow long and emotional genre try The Funetal Orchestra

Folk doom - Hahha rear genre I love it try cz band Silant Stream of Goldless eelegy and belarussian band Vicius Cruside

Yes you forgot Black/Doom like Forgotten Tomb

Sorry for short post but Im emty now talk about thinks what i do all time here and I knwo I had ost somewhere this IMO daru Jericho open once same poll
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.01.2007 - 22:42
Zombie, M.D.

Funeral Doom I guess, though I dont care for a large chunk of the genre. I like the nasty Abruptum influenced bands like Senthil, Funeralium, Black Bile, Wormphlegm, etc, which seem to be a minority in the realm of Funeral Doom. Bands like that have a much more morbid atmosphere than even most black metal bands. Just completely rotten and jet black.

I do make an exception for Tyranny and Torture Wheel, though.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
22.01.2007 - 22:46
Southern Wind
Account deleted
our classic good old death doom on the vein of Dusk, Winter, Decomposed and Asphyx... I won't give a larger explanation as this thred will be probably closed soon.
22.01.2007 - 23:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.01.2007 at 22:46

our classic good old death doom on the vein of Dusk, Winter, Decomposed and Asphyx... I won't give a larger explanation as this thred will be probably closed soon.

I agree whit you shotest opening post in poll in MS history
----

apos;'
[image]
24.01.2007 - 04:37
Bitch Boy

I voted death-doom, earlier The Gathering works are my favorite, and also Katatonia or Anathema. Also because it was a strong influence for gothic-doom bands like Tristania, TSOTB, Galadriel, and many more.
24.01.2007 - 05:20
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i like all types of doom...but the two genres i've been listening to alot lately are Sludge and drone....and here are just a few of the bands i like

Khanate's "capture and Release" for the drone,this album is tight as fuck...this little two song piece of plastic packs one heck of a punch...i've also been listening to alot of Sunn...everyone knows what they're about...so i dont feel the need to talk about them...i also like the drone side of The Melvins with their "lysol" album...King Buzzo and the gang never dissapoint

as for Sludge...

i've been cranking out the Eyehategod...good old Nola Sludge...Take as needed for Pain and Dopesick is some intense shit...slowed down hardcore punk and mean as fuck

i also have been listening to a Band called Rwake...This Band is impressing the fuck out of me....they're like a progressive sludge metal band...and all their songs just flow and just awesome to throw on your discman to fall asleep to...Rwake is very special and i can see them becoming huge later on,seeing how Relapse just signed them not to long ago,and they're releasing their debut for the label within this year...
24.01.2007 - 08:55
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
It didn't take me 2 seconds to answer.............FUNERAL DOOM by far coz it always makes me wanna kill myself and I like that , maybe my second choise would have been Death Doom i.e. My Dying Bride
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
24.01.2007 - 13:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bitch Boy on 24.01.2007 at 04:37

I voted death-doom, earlier The Gathering works are my favorite, and also Katatonia or Anathema. Also because it was a strong influence for gothic-doom bands like Tristania, TSOTB, Galadriel, and many more.

Early Katatonia are black/doom and what is TSOTB? I cant guess
The Sins of thy Beloved?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2007 - 23:08
Bitch Boy

Written by Bad English on 24.01.2007 at 13:10

Written by Bitch Boy on 24.01.2007 at 04:37

Early Katatonia are black/doom and what is TSOTB? I cant guess
The Sins of thy Beloved?

Yes, it's The Sins Of Thy Beloved. Katatonia's second album "Brave Murder Day" isn't black/doom, it's more close to death/doom.
01.02.2007 - 00:23
DoOm MaKeR

When i voted for funeral doom as my favourite doom metal genre, I thought that there might be 2 or 3 votes for it and 10 to 30 vote for doom\death! But wow!! wut a contrast!! I didnt know that there arq people who care for funeral doom more than doom death!
Funeral doom is the most sad, depressive genre in the music industry at all!! I consider it as mu guidance in my life.. Although it is so deprissive, but i feel happy when i listen to it. It is something out of this world! It is something that can make you go to any place you want while listening to it. Also, whaterver your problems were,whatever how much grief is ingrained in your soul, there is one only friend that can help you, can listen to you, that is funeral doom..
Bands like Skepticism, Until Death Overtakes Me, Mournful Congregation, Shape Of Despair, or Panthiest can turn the hell out of you leaving you with your lonliness while the riffs are blowing on and the drums are knocking on hell's doors and the voices of the darkest spirits on earth are toching the skies!
I suggest any interested person to hear Skepticism's song "The March of The Stream" and judge his knowledge whether he know doom metal correctlly or not....

Out of the other genres, I like those;
Doom Death => MDB, Swallow the sun, Morgion, Old Anathema , Old Katatonia...
Traditional Doom ==> Candlemass, Forsaken,
Avantigrade ==> Arni...
Doom\Black ==> Forgotten Tomb,
Stoner,--== Lake of tears...

If you wanna, kno more contact me
----
knowing that i'm doomed. hundreds of volumes of text. pictures, words, learning. my love, my art, my knowledge...covered by the arms of the sea.
Morgion - Ebb Tide
31.03.2007 - 16:13
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Death Doom is definitely my favourite Sub Genre of Doom Metal \\m//
31.03.2007 - 18:28
FOOCK Nam

I like epic doom, bands like Another Messiah. But the most genre of doom-related Im interested is Death Doom My Dying Bride, and Swallow The Sun, Katatonia, etc. I need more recommend for epic doom.
26.06.2007 - 10:09
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I love my Death/Doom... My dying Bride are gods, the best Anathema era was in the death/doom style...
26.06.2007 - 10:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 31.03.2007 at 18:28

I like epic doom, bands like Another Messiah. But the most genre of doom-related Im interested is Death Doom My Dying Bride, and Swallow The Sun, Katatonia, etc. I need more recommend for epic doom.

Doomsword, Candlemass, Witchfinder General, St. Vitus, Pagan Altar..... noustly trad doom bands
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2007 - 01:38
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Funeral Doom is my favourite, I suppose. I prefer the more atmospheric bands over the more rough ones. Pantheist over Wormphlegm, for example. I really like Death Doom too. Some subgenres mean nothing to me though, which, I think, proves just how varied Doom is.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
29.06.2007 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Passenger on 29.06.2007 at 01:38

Funeral Doom is my favourite, I suppose. I prefer the more atmospheric bands over the more rough ones. Pantheist over Wormphlegm, for example. I really like Death Doom too. Some subgenres mean nothing to me though, which, I think, proves just how varied Doom is.

There was one Portugal band who ha slyrics jin portueagese language and thay play funeral doom maybe you know them, I forgot band name
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2007 - 13:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2007 at 12:49

There was one Portugal band who ha slyrics jin portueagese language and thay play funeral doom maybe you know them, I forgot band name

Talking about Desire? They don't sing in Portuguese I think, but they are good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.06.2007 - 16:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 29.06.2007 at 13:37

I know them but havnt listen long so I gonna do it
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2007 - 22:44
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2007 at 16:38

Written by Lucas on 29.06.2007 at 13:37

I know them but havnt listen long so I gonna do it

I think they do have a few lyrics in Portuguese, though I'm not sure right now. Doesn't matter, their music is great

Also, another great Doom band from Portugal, and probably my personal favourite from my country, is Process Of Guilt.
In case you're interested: http://www.myspace.com/processofguilt
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
02.07.2007 - 03:04
Varegan
Hamranakara
i like folk doom
and you forget the black/doom!!! why!!
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
08.07.2007 - 06:56
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Wow now I feel special, looks like I was the only one who voted for Drone Doom, a genre that until a few weeks ago I didnt understand at all, but now I can enjoy and I also see its beauty
----
08.07.2007 - 07:09
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Death/Doom. That's pretty much my main interest in the Doom genre. (old) Katatonia, My Dying Bride, (old) Anathema, October Tide, and so on. All good stuff.
09.07.2007 - 00:29
Warman
Erotic Stains
Doom Death Metal, those two really work in symbios.
----
09.07.2007 - 09:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 09.07.2007 at 00:29

But its one genre
----

apos;'
[image]
09.07.2007 - 15:58
Crow_Princess

Funeral doom definately... I love depressive music and this subgenre always sound more or less depressive.
I like Black Doom as well but I haven't seen many bands playing this kind of genre combination... :
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
09.07.2007 - 19:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Crow_Princess on 09.07.2007 at 15:58

Funeral doom definately... I love depressive music and this subgenre always sound more or less depressive.
I like Black Doom as well but I haven't seen many bands playing this kind of genre combination... :

What kidn of black/doom band syou like Give examples maybe I can suggest some to you
----

apos;'
[image]
09.07.2007 - 19:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 09.07.2007 at 09:37

Written by Warman on 09.07.2007 at 00:29

But its one genre

Huh?
Death Doom is a mixture of Doom Metal mixed with elements of Death Metal, most notably guttural vocals. I meant that those two genres, Death and Doom, works well together and creates the subgenre Doom Death Metal.
----
09.07.2007 - 19:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Warmen I bagree about it but death/doom born in 90ties whit Paradise Lost, Winter, Anathema, My dying Bride...... and those bands wa smore closer to death metal how doom, thay just wanna criate something new
----

apos;'
[image]
09.07.2007 - 21:15
OneWithMisery

Death/Doom...Swallow the Sun my favourite by far.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!