Metal Storm logo
What is your favourite destination worldwide?

Original post

Posted by Dead Ohlin, 22.01.2007 - 21:53
I love NewYork - 5th AVE Manhattan wich is the city of my dreams.
07.03.2007 - 11:12
Eight
Shapeshifter
I'd like to visit all of the Asian countries, Australia and Norway
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
07.03.2007 - 23:25
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I have the feeling that the first post should be explained further. I do not get if we are supposed to discuss the most beautiful place we have visited so far or which country we would like to visit in the future.

So far, I've been to Andorra, France, Germany, Italy and Tunisia, but the most cosmopolitan, impressive, civilized and overall beautiful city I have known personally is Berlin. If you want a graphic lecture on history, you might visit the Siegessäule, the ruins of the Berlin Wall, the Museeninsel, the monument to the Soviet Union or the Reichs-/Bundestag; if you are looking for a party, you can always go to Prenzlauer Berg; if you prefer nature, Tiergarten is full of it, or you may prefer to take a short trip by train to Potsdam; if you like modernity and the view of 'new Germany', Potsdamer Platz is there for you. I adored Berlin, although I was pretty impressed by Italian cities as well (especially Rome and Florence).

Places I would like to visit are Scandinavia (so full of mysterious virgin forests), Russia (the biggest country in the world whose capital is the biggest European city, with such a rich history and culture, and a language I'll never decipher) and Communist Cuba (as my dad was there and told me it is the most beautiful island ever; besides, I've never been in America) or Bolivarian Venezuela (I admire president Chávez's anti-imperialistic, anti-free market views, and his social politics - a vanguard in Latin America).

Again, please make clear the purpose of this topic in the first post. Should we discuss the places we're been to in this thread or in a new one? Should we just spam a list of the places we would like to visit?
23.04.2007 - 07:59
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Among the long list of countries I'd like to visit, I'd like to go again to Italy, lately I've been developing a particular interest on its culture and the beauty of the landscapes
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
29.04.2007 - 00:36
Bitch Boy

I would like to go to Argentina in order to meet some friends there. Same with Chile, but Argentina is priority for me.
29.04.2007 - 01:00
MadGatsu

i would like to visit japan!!!!! one thing i GOTTA do before i die. defintely
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
29.04.2007 - 02:44
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
i would have to go to norway ... for sure.. and germany .. there my tow places i want to either live there or at least visit
though norway is more the place i want to live in...
01.05.2007 - 04:08
Fhuesc

I would like to go to Japan, Gobhi Desert in China, Desierto del Silencio (Silence Desert) here in Mexico, and Uzuaia (again) in Argentina. I almost forgot i want to assit to the Wacken.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
01.05.2007 - 07:21
Black Mass

I've been to England, The Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, Estonia, and Finland. Out of those I fell in love with the Greek Islands and Valencia. All these places each hold a special memory for me though, especially Wacken (Germany), Finland (as I went to the Arctic Circle), Amsterdam and Venice.
I'd love to go to Egypt, China and Tahiti.
I will always call Sydney home though.
01.05.2007 - 18:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I would like to go to Island. Don't ask me why this country more particulary than others, but I love the land of Island and its landscapes.
01.05.2007 - 20:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by White Winter Sun on 01.05.2007 at 18:04

I would like to go to Island. Don't ask me why this country more particulary than others, but I love the land of Island and its landscapes.

Is it Iceland maybe?
----

Sensorium - Epica
01.05.2007 - 21:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Probably, or he thought of Great Britain
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.05.2007 - 21:13
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I would think he meant Ireland

Which is a nice country - although it rains a lot.

The Northern part is part of Gt Britain .
The southern part is an independent country - called Ireland or Eire.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
01.05.2007 - 21:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by The Alchemist on 01.05.2007 at 20:56

Is it Iceland maybe?

Yes Iceland sorry you have right. (Islande in french)
My poor english, my poor english...
01.05.2007 - 21:42
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by White Winter Sun on 01.05.2007 at 21:37

Written by The Alchemist on 01.05.2007 at 20:56

Is it Iceland maybe?

Yes Iceland sorry you have right. (Islande in french)
My poor english, my poor english...

That's what I thought, since you speak french
Yes, Iceland is be a great destination, this is one of the countries I'd like to visit some time
----

Sensorium - Epica
01.05.2007 - 23:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by hanna of steel on 01.05.2007 at 21:13

I would think he meant Ireland

Which is a nice country - although it rains a lot.

The Northern part is part of Gt Britain .
The southern part is an independent country - called Ireland or Eire.

I'm sorry....but I need to say that it's Éire and not Eire....

Thing is that the Éire means Ireland but eire means 'burden'....I even heard that once when Irish language was frowned upon, Éire was written without the mark to humiliate it....

sorry....I just needed to say that....
01.05.2007 - 23:36
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I got 2 destinations - due to a Mexican Borrachotes and my friends - I want to go and see the Mexico

Because of Linak , and her obsession of Japan - "I want to go there" - She have awaken my memories from Japan and I can't shake them off I want to go to the Japan Yes yes I will go there
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
02.05.2007 - 00:26
MadGatsu

japan seems to be a place many ppl would like to visit
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
02.05.2007 - 00:36
15.644.362-K
Account deleted
Written by MadGatsu on 02.05.2007 at 00:26

japan seems to be a place many ppl would like to visit

add one more
02.05.2007 - 01:04
tulkas
el parcero
I was watching travel & living channel the other day, they were showing parts of england, and there's some really cool places there, now it's one more place on my list of countries I want to go to.

I also recommend Colombia, despite all the violence issues and stuff, there's a lot of beautiful places to visit here
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
09.05.2007 - 13:25
dark-1988
Account deleted
Lets see.. Been to South Africa. Visited family. Was cool tho it was a while back now. Did hate the HOT weather.

Want to visit.. NORWAY!! Various reasons.. Nice looking landscape, The musical history, Connection with Vikings..
08.06.2007 - 21:51
mansonnette
Account deleted
Brussels and Amsterdam. I've been there some years ago with my family.
06.07.2007 - 05:15
selken
Irreligious
I'd like to visit Japan, both modern and trational zones.
I'd like to visit Norway too, but I might die frozen. :-)
----
09.07.2007 - 01:30
SteelScream
Account deleted
Hmm, the only place, close to my heart (apart from my fatherland [Estonia]) is a small country in Finland called Nokia, where i spent my childhood, lots of warmhearted people, friends and family. I would go there gladly any time..
11.07.2007 - 12:11
Oracle
Orcinus
I would love to go to Canada. i think it would be so awesome to see the Killer whales and to do interesting things like sea kayaking and camping etc, i would also like to go to Europe because it has some beautiful counties and it also seems like an awesome place to be.
12.07.2007 - 00:53
Cassandra
Account deleted
lol i feel a little boring with this answer.... but it has to be Vermont USA... i am in absolute love with VT. but i would also love to visit Norway and Germany.
13.07.2007 - 20:43
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Alaska, US. I'd like to travel around Europe some day, but that's too far out of reach right now.
13.07.2007 - 21:05
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
If I had unlimited options Toronto, Canada would be my first destination. I'm really in love with Canada (except Quebec ) and I really really hope that some day I'll have everything needed (=money & time) to travel around it, especially Ontario. And meet a great guy (khm Hayden Christensen, if you're reading this, call me ), marry him and live there happily ever after!

Otherwise the city I like the most and saw so far is Amsterdam. I really love the city rush and crowd and Amsterdam just has this uneplainable feeling... A bit flegmatic... That's why I love it
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
06.11.2008 - 18:42
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I would love to visit Japan or China
12.11.2008 - 22:19
DanielViking

WACKEN = THE PROMISED LAND!