Metal Storm logo
Favorite Cannibal Corpse Albums

Created by: ManiacBlasphemer | 16.06.2013

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by ManiacBlasphemer ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 21   Visited by: 61 users
22.04.2014 - 22:01
me<3mertl

Why don't people like Gore,Evisceration and Vile?I love them.But in the end,CC don't have any bad album.
22.04.2014 - 22:04
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by me<3mertl on 22.04.2014 at 22:01

Why don't people like Gore,Evisceration and Vile?I love them.But in the end,CC don't have any bad album.

Not like I don't love them, but on preference scale, they rank lower than their early albums. Cannibal Corpse never released a completely bad album, but they never released a completely good one either (Tomb of the Mutilated too). They're like lets say, the Motorhead of death metal. No matter how much they repeat the formula, it never gets old. Low chances to release an abysmal album with them going on with their own style for 25 years.
22.04.2014 - 22:09
me<3mertl

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 22.04.2014 at 22:04

Not like I don't love them, but on preference scale, they rank lower than their early albums. Cannibal Corpse never released a completely bad album, but they never released a completely good one either (Tomb of the Mutilated too). They're like lets say, the Motorhead of death metal. No matter how much they repeat the formula, it never gets old. Low chances to release an abysmal album with them going on with their own style for 25 years.

I can't agree with you.I think ALL of their albums are almost flawless.In my eyes(actually in my ears) they are the best death metal band ever.
22.04.2014 - 22:29
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by me<3mertl on 22.04.2014 at 22:09

I can't agree with you.I think ALL of their albums are almost flawless.In my eyes(actually in my ears) they are the best death metal band ever.

Nah, the only album close to being flawless is Tomb of the Mutilated. The rest are flawed, in the sense that they have filler tracks. Some albums such as Gore Obssessed have more than others, simple as that.

If you're looking for flawlessness in old school death metal I suggest you look into early Deicide, early Malevolent Creation, Bloodbath, early Morbid Angel. Bolt Thrower, Immolation's mid era, early Autopsy, early Entombed, early Dismember. early Obituary, mid-era Vomitory, mid-era Incantation and so on. These are bands that released flawless albums. Cannibal Corpse is much more known for a list of songs (more like singles) coming from their albums. In each of their album you find classic death metal songs, and fillers.
24.04.2014 - 17:16
me<3mertl

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 22.04.2014 at 22:29

Nah, the only album close to being flawless is Tomb of the Mutilated. The rest are flawed, in the sense that they have filler tracks. Some albums such as Gore Obssessed have more than others, simple as that.

If you're looking for flawlessness in old school death metal I suggest you look into early Deicide, early Malevolent Creation, Bloodbath, early Morbid Angel. Bolt Thrower, Immolation's mid era, early Autopsy, early Entombed, early Dismember. early Obituary, mid-era Vomitory, mid-era Incantation and so on. These are bands that released flawless albums. Cannibal Corpse is much more known for a list of songs (more like singles) coming from their albums. In each of their album you find classic death metal songs, and fillers.

Dude,I'm a huge Death Metal fan!I have at least one album from all the bands you mentioned above(besides Bold Thrower).I can agree with you that some songs are just fillers,but it's still my favorite band(in death metal).
24.04.2014 - 19:07
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by me<3mertl on 24.04.2014 at 17:16

Dude,I'm a huge Death Metal fan!I have at least one album from all the bands you mentioned above(besides Bold Thrower).I can agree with you that some songs are just fillers,but it's still my favorite band(in death metal).

I don't have anything against you being a death metal fan. I am a moderate one in the sense that I appreciate good death metal. Unfortunately, Cannibal Corpse lacks a flawless albums while the other bands I mentioned released at least one.

If I were to name my favorite death metal band I would go with Nocturnus. The Key is a fucking masterpiece. This is what I call a flawless album, though it ain't old school DM.
24.04.2014 - 19:30
me<3mertl

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 24.04.2014 at 19:07

Written by me<3mertl on 24.04.2014 at 17:16

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 22.04.2014 at 22:29

I don't have anything against you being a death metal fan. I am a moderate one in the sense that I appreciate good death metal. Unfortunately, Cannibal Corpse lacks a flawless albums while the other bands I mentioned released at least one.

If I were to name my favorite death metal band I would go with Nocturnus. The Key is a fucking masterpiece. This is what I call a flawless album, though it ain't old school DM.

I completely agree with that!The Key is one of the best albums ever written, at least in Death Metal.I love it too.
25.04.2014 - 23:40
Erik M.

Jesus H. Christ, someone take care of those goddamn annoying nested quotes (I suggest the users who wrote those messages!). How hard is it to quote just ONE message? I'll tell you: it only takes 2 seconds more to delete the irrelevant quote. Talk about being lazy.
25.04.2014 - 23:51
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Erik M. on 25.04.2014 at 23:40

Jesus H. Christ, someone take care of those goddamn annoying nested quotes (I suggest the users who wrote those messages!). How hard is it to quote just ONE message? I'll tell you: it only takes 2 seconds more to delete the irrelevant quote. Talk about being lazy.

Shush, be happy, it could've been worse! ))
25.04.2014 - 23:53
Erik M.

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 25.04.2014 at 23:51

Shush, be happy, it could've been worse! ))

Even worse is when you two continue quoting eachother without removing previous irrelevant quotes.

Just wait until BitterCOld or some other staff member comes here to tell you what I just told you.
26.04.2014 - 00:02
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Erik M. on 25.04.2014 at 23:53

Even worse is when you two continue quoting eachother without removing previous irrelevant quotes.

Just wait until BitterCOld or some other staff member comes here to tell you what I just told you.

They would needlessly bother themselves. The shit can go unnoticed and all will be find and dandy.

Edit: Ok, edited mine.
26.04.2014 - 00:06
Erik M.

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 26.04.2014 at 00:02

They would needlessly bother themselves. The shit can go unnoticed and all will be find and dandy.

That looks a lot better.

Even when BitterCOld or Troy would see it, they can change it themselves. Hell, I once found out Marcel edited a message of mine, because apparently I was being too harsh/annoying or something.
26.04.2014 - 00:13
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Erik M. on 26.04.2014 at 00:06

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 26.04.2014 at 00:02

That looks a lot better.

Even when BitterCOld or Troy would see it, they can change it themselves. Hell, I once found out Marcel edited a message of mine, because apparently I was being too harsh/annoying or something.

No biggie, I have a warning ever since August or July last year still in full force for being offtopic on a thread. BTW, I recomended to another guy on the gothic metal list an unusual band that fits the gothic elements needed but with a very weird approach of their sound. I'm talking about this band. They composed some of the most insane shit I've ever heard in my entire life even topping the newest Lux Occulta offering. This kind of albums are on the 'love it or hate it' category but with a really low chance of loving it not because it is bad, but it redefines the concept behind the word 'chaotic' in metal music by far. Someone made a review for their newest offering which pretty much reads my thoughts.
26.04.2014 - 00:16
Erik M.

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 26.04.2014 at 00:13

No biggie, I have a warning ever since August or July last year still in full force for being offtopic on a thread. BTW, I recomended to another guy on the gothic metal list an unusual band that fits the gothic elements needed but with a very weird approach of their sound. I'm talking about this band. They composed some of the most insane shit I've ever heard in my entire life even topping the newest Lux Occulta offering. This kind of albums are on the 'love it or hate it' category but with a really low chance of loving it not because it is bad, but it redefines the concept behind the word 'chaotic' in metal music by far. Someone made a review for their newest offering which pretty much reads my thoughts.

Yeah, I saw you recommended that album there. Funnily enough I already found it on Youtube (playlist) so I'm going to check it out soon. Seems like an interesting album, so thanks for the recommendation.
26.04.2014 - 06:34
Mattybu

Evisceration Plague especially... It may be that the album takes a few listens to start showing its greatness and people don't want to dedicate the time to a Cannibal Corpse album.
26.04.2014 - 12:52
me<3mertl

Written by Mattybu on 26.04.2014 at 06:34

Evisceration Plague especially... It may be that the album takes a few listens to start showing its greatness and people don't want to dedicate the time to a Cannibal Corpse album.

I can totally agree with that!
27.04.2014 - 19:11
theFIST

people don't want to dedicate the time to a Cannibal Corpse album.

that"s kind of like taking the time to enjoy a frozen pizza
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
27.04.2014 - 19:27
Mattybu

Written by theFIST on 27.04.2014 at 19:11

Nothing wrong with a frozen pizza every once in a while. In fact, there's this pizza from President's Choice called Rip n' Dip that I frequently savor anytime I get the chance to eat it. up there among my favourite foods...

I think there is nothing wrong at all with wanting to listen to "face value" metal sometimes (or all of the time), people these days seem to have the impression that it's important to listen to all kinds of sophisticated and "intellectual" metal. The real wonder is that if you dig deeper into Cannibal Corpse, for some people it's more than just a frozen pizza...

then again they obviously aren't a band for everyone to enjoy, and that's okay too.
27.04.2014 - 21:32
theFIST

Written by Mattybu on 27.04.2014 at 19:27

Written by theFIST on 27.04.2014 at 19:11

Nothing wrong with a frozen pizza every once in a while. In fact, there's this pizza from President's Choice called Rip n' Dip that I frequently savor anytime I get the chance to eat it. up there among my favourite foods...

I think there is nothing wrong at all with wanting to listen to "face value" metal sometimes (or all of the time), people these days seem to have the impression that it's important to listen to all kinds of sophisticated and "intellectual" metal. The real wonder is that if you dig deeper into Cannibal Corpse, for some people it's more than just a frozen pizza...

then again they obviously aren't a band for everyone to enjoy, and that's okay too.

agreed, nothing against frozen pizza, i eat it every other week myself, i also listen to Cannibal Corpse and other easily enjoyable bands
but when i choose to afford something great to enjoy it should be special, just like when i choose to spend time to enjoy an album i want something extraordinary
other people seem to feel similarly, judging from few digging in deeper into Cannibal Corpse albums
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
27.04.2014 - 22:58
Mattybu

Written by theFIST on 27.04.2014 at 21:32

but when i choose to afford something great to enjoy it should be special, just like when i choose to spend time to enjoy an album i want something extraordinary
other people seem to feel similarly, judging from few digging in deeper into Cannibal Corpse albums

Yeah, not everyone will find something special about Cannibal Corpse. Even Evisceration Plague, which I consider easily one of the best death metal albums of all time, I don't think many other people enjoy it in the way I do. There are some subtle qualities on that album that are mindblowing.
03.05.2014 - 19:30
Sang Dalang Abu

For me "Butchered At Birth" must no.2 Sorry then ,because I love Chris Barnes vocal's better than George. Thats why i give a appraisal.

Hits total: 3895 | This month: 3