Metal Storm logo
Electric Guitar From Scrap Wood

24.04.2014 - 14:40
ANGEL REAPER

Well i had some spare time last few days (due to constant raining and such) and was bored a bit.Usually in such circumstances i would play guitar all day but since i am back home all my gear is left in city.So i found few planks of scrap wood,3 guitar strings,old machine head and some old speaker to serve as pickup and made a working electric guitar.Result of 3 hours of work (mostly finding tools and screws around the house) i is this 3 strings electric guitar.

which sounds pretty nice when plugged into laptop mic-in and processed through Guitar Rig 4.
Give it a listen here:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/as1sn283s8f78ee/plank_guitar_test_1.mp3

Anyway what do you think ?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.04.2014 - 20:11
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Scathach666 on 24.04.2014 at 18:00

A kralj si

yes i know i am the king

use english around here
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.04.2014 - 20:42
Sand

Unique,creative and inspirational. All you need in life.
----
Non serviam
24.04.2014 - 21:30
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.04.2014 at 14:40

Anyway what do you think ?

Nice.

I'll listen to your mp3 soon. Great work.
25.04.2014 - 01:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I made a similar cigar box about a year ago, fun to make, even more fun to play.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.04.2014 - 02:17
ANGEL REAPER

Well it all started since i needed something to exercise my fingers since i am away from my gear. it ended up with 3 strings and speaker pickup its so fun to play though its a bitch to tune ... i'll try to tune it properly and make some proper play-demo ,so that we can all hear how fun is to play it
----
25.04.2014 - 04:29
Vombatus
Potorro
That's pretty kwel.

I've been thinking of doing something similar, or creating some weird string-instruments after watching a short doucmentary about DIY noise/experimental musicians (can't remember the name at all, it was very inspiring though).
27.04.2014 - 16:43
ANGEL REAPER

I am working on new ,proper 6 string model now (gathering material and developing parts )-biggest problem is finding good carpenter to cut body/neck (it is going to be narrow one piece ).I am bit worried about string tension and how would whole piece of wood react after all that cutting and punching holes in it ...
----
27.04.2014 - 22:21
Sophist

Color me impressed, nice work
28.04.2014 - 21:29
ANGEL REAPER

Considering the needed strength of a wood ,how easy is to process it ,costs and overall quality i think i will make next model from black locust ("Robinia pseudoacacia") which around here grows like weed and its everywhere and i have a few tones of it laying in my backyard ...i also might make a fretboard out of cherry wood ...
----
29.04.2014 - 12:01
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Kicks ass dude!