Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - New Album Cover, Title And New Song

British metal legends Judas Priest start this week with a bang. They have unveiled the artwork for their upcoming new album, Redeemer Of Souls which is set for a July 11th-16th release in various territories throughout the world. In addition to the revealing of the album title and artwork, the band have also released the title track for listening on their official website. The artwork and the new track are found below.

What do you think about this new tune?

Worldwide release dates:

Friday 11th of July: Australia, Austria, Benelux, Finland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey

Monday 14th of July: Asia (excluding Japan), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, South Africa and UK

Tuesday 15th of July: Canada, Italy, Latin America, Russia, Spain and USA

Wednesday 16th July: Japan

Source: judaspriest.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Posted: 28.04.2014 by Angelic Storm

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 389 users
28.04.2014 - 13:20
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Typical Priest... kinda average though... I would have enjoyed it if it was sped up a little bit. And damn, Halford is surely showing his age in this song. He can't reach high notes anymore and probably the other members had to adapt to his condition.

One thing is for sure, this does not seem similar with any song from Nostradamus, so those that were unpleased with the previous one might actually like this one. Hope that the rest of the album is better than this song though.
28.04.2014 - 14:31
King Bonzo
2 stars. Not offensive but kinda plodding. Certainly not up to Priest's classic standard... then maybe I was hoping for too much 24 years after Painkiller....
28.04.2014 - 14:58
JÄY
Metal slave
No complaints, here! Priest sounds great!
28.04.2014 - 15:07
sharkruisher
So glad that they are stepping away from "Nostradamus" and are instead creating true Judas Priest music. The song itself is nothing really special, but this makes me hopeful for the album.

And the album artwork is one of the better ones this year
----
I have been called many names, and they are all true

Metalhead, long haired bastard, (former) reviewer, Swede, semi-handsome, dingus
28.04.2014 - 16:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great song for this band ... no matter how old are they, song are good, well I dobt care if bands dont tour they must be studio band till they die ... they still can
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.04.2014 - 16:49
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
Sigh. I've been a huge fan of Priest for 25 years and this has to be one of the most boring, monotonous songs I've ever heard them do. On one hand, I'm glad they are dropping the theatrical Nostradamus bullshit and "attempting" to go back to their older styles, but on the other hand, it sounds like they are just too old and worn out to pull it off now. The magic is gone. Especially for Rob, he can't sing for shit anymore, and it's downright tragic to see him carry on like this instead of gracefully bowing out.

I guess I still have a small glimmer of hope that a few of the other tracks on the album will be decent, but after hearing this, I'm honestly not expecting much. There comes a time when some bands just need to call it a day, and now is that time for Priest.

This song lacks everything that made Priest so legendary...
28.04.2014 - 17:29
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Not bad of a tune, has a bit of that Painkiller sound going for it. Not the greatest Priest song ever (it's pretty average), but I'm sure the rest of the album will contain even greater surprises considering this will probably be their last album.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
28.04.2014 - 17:38
Come on, this song is awsome, and Halford´s vocals are great. I´m really looking forward to this album.
28.04.2014 - 18:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Not really feeling it. Love Judas Priest but this song isn't very appealing to me.

Hopefully the rest of the album will be better
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.04.2014 - 19:06
Dave FC
I don't like the song. One of the worst that i've heard from them (except for that shit called Demolition)
It is really boring. Not catchy, not punchy...
28.04.2014 - 19:07
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Holy shit, this is basically a sub par copy of the song Hell Patrol.

No thanks, I'll just spin my Painkiller album again instead of getting this.
28.04.2014 - 19:09
Berserk
Pretty solid. Don't know what the hell most of you were listening to.
----
Fear the Old Blood
28.04.2014 - 21:29
Mattybu
Written by King Bonzo on 28.04.2014 at 14:31

then maybe I was hoping for too much 24 years after Painkiller....

And 30+ since their best albums
28.04.2014 - 21:46
King Bonzo
Written by Mattybu on 28.04.2014 at 21:29

then maybe I was hoping for too much 24 years after Painkiller....

And 30+ since their best albums

Very true but Painkiller was the last great album.
28.04.2014 - 22:06
Mattybu
Written by King Bonzo on 28.04.2014 at 21:46

Very true but Painkiller was the last great album.

I can agree with that... a slab of pure battle hardened metal
28.04.2014 - 22:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Sounds like power metal....
----
28.04.2014 - 23:00
Kingface

2 stars. Not offensive but kinda plodding. Certainly not up to Priest's classic standard... then maybe I was hoping for too much 24 years after Painkiller....

Even as a big Priest fan, I 100% agree with you on this. I hope the rest of the album offers much more.
29.04.2014 - 01:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by qlacs on 28.04.2014 at 22:30

Sounds like power metal....

Priest influenced that sub-genre more than any other band, so I don't get what's so surprising about that.

As for my thoughts on the song... well, for one thing, it's either very poorly produced, or the bitrate of the song is of a low quality. I'm hoping that the sound on the actual album is a lot better. The guitar sound is weird, and lacks any oomph, or bite.

The music itself is certainly not bad, but Priest fans have been spoiled over the years by several highly influential, and genre defining albums, so simply being "good" isn't going to cut it with a lot of fans. For me, I have no expectations or need for the band to produce something that re-invents the mold, or is truly epoch making again. The band have nothing left to prove, and I'll be quite happy with a standard Priest album, that contains memorable melodies, and incisive riffs.

There are some songs that make good choices to introduce fans to an album, and there are some songs that work far better in a full album context, than as a stand-alone song which is supposed to be a preview for the album. I am hoping that there will be a few up-tempo numbers on the album, and this song could well come into it's own in an album context.

I'll reserve full judgement until I hear a high quality version of the song, or on the album. But as it is, I quite like it, and the more I hear it, the more I like it. It likely will never make it into the pantheon of classic Priest tracks, but on the other hand, they have produced far worse songs over the course of their career. It's a nice song, if nothing spectacular.
29.04.2014 - 03:37
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Well it's certainly nothing new or original, but why the fuck does it need to be? Also impressed that Halford can still belt it out after all these years. I think his high notes are gone (haven't heard him do any falsetto in a while), but the guy's still got it.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.04.2014 - 04:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by deadone on 29.04.2014 at 04:06

And when they do new and original they get sledged by the fans for not playing their old style.

Exactly, you're fucked either way. So really, they should just do what they do and do it well. This new track's no Sinner or Stained Class material, but it definitely isn't bad. I can dig it.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.04.2014 - 04:45
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by deadone on 29.04.2014 at 04:35

And people that don't like the new stuff can always just listen to the old stuff. Hell I've not liked any In Flames since Reoute To Remain. Hence I just don't listen to the new stuff and then moan it's not Whoracle or Jester Race. Instead I just listen to those albums I like.

A good attitude, but with other people, that's where what we call Small Penis Syndrome comes into play
That is, people who can't merely settle with what they like and don't like, but have to self project that onto other people and convince them to like and dislike the same things.
----

~ II. VII
29.04.2014 - 05:09
JPR
Written by Berserk on 28.04.2014 at 19:09

Pretty solid. Don't know what the hell most of you were listening to.

Agree fellow!!
29.04.2014 - 05:29
UPDIRNS
OK at best. Guitar part in the middle is decent. Rob's vocals are strained. He is too old to sing like he used to. He was one of the greatest vocalist ever.
29.04.2014 - 05:45
Timelord
Made it through 42 seconds before I had to hit the stop button. Its generic at best and its still better than anything from "Nostrilshamus". I am amazed that bands STILL try and convince themselves that a concept album about some medieval crap is the way to go. Only a handful have managed to pull it off with success and 'Nostrilshamus" wasn't among them. Long time Priest fans will be mixed imo. I seriously doubt any new fans will be gained from this song(album). .......Side note: Anybody else sick of that Motherfucking Epiduo commercial that comes on every 5 minutes??!! Damn near broke my tv throwing a shoe at it just now. Anyway very weak song from Judas Priest.
29.04.2014 - 07:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.04.2014 at 03:37

Well it's certainly nothing new or original, but why the fuck does it need to be? Also impressed that Halford can still belt it out after all these years. I think his high notes are gone (haven't heard him do any falsetto in a while), but the guy's still got it.

Totally agreed on all that! Yep, Rob has lost a fair chunk of his range, but he can still sing great in the low-mid ranges. In actual fact, I think he sings better in those ranges now than he did in his prime. He's just lost much of his higher range, which is what he's best known for. But I really like his vocals on the new song.

Oh, and by the way, happy birthday! Hope you're having a great day.
29.04.2014 - 09:58
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
It's alright.
Am I the only one who thought Nostradamus was a great album?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
29.04.2014 - 11:09
DeathSlyzer
I thought this song was great. i don't get why so many of you guys like complaining so much. This reminded me of Hell Patrol actually. The difference is that this song is a little slower and also more melodic. I really liked the melody, and I think this was a strong song in general. But of course, it's popular to hate on every new song, so I expected nothing more from you guys to begin with. Saying that this song is monotonous is a fatal misunderstanding.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
29.04.2014 - 11:14
bblitz
Unbelievable! Theres no more to say....
29.04.2014 - 18:06
immortal78
Unfortunatelly Priests;( i would like to listen something a bit different that what you did on Nostradamus new song follows unfortunatelly previous way and its vibe and sound of Nostradamus. Im very disapointed so far and afraid that sound on the rest of the record Hope so not
29.04.2014 - 18:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.04.2014 at 07:57

Oh, and by the way, happy birthday! Hope you're having a great day.

Why thank you
----

~ II. VII

Hits total: 5481 | This month: 8