Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - Paul Gray's Doctor Acquitted Of Manslaughter Charges

Slipknot's bassist Paul Gray passed away in 2010. He was found dead in a hotel room of an overdose of morphine and fentanyl. Now nearly four years after his passing, the doctor that prescribed him drugs was acquitted of all charges in his involuntary manslaughter case. The Des Moines Register reports that Daniel Baldi, who was facing involuntary manslaughter charges for the deaths of numerous patients including late Slipknot bassist Paul Gray, has been acquitted on all seven counts.

After two days of deliberation, the jury agreed with the defense that none of the patients involved died specifically from drugs prescribed directly from Baldi.

Paul Gray's widow, Brenna Gray, testified in the case, and the prosecution alleged that Baldi had recklessly prescribed addictive drugs to patients with known histories of drug abuse. Brenna Gray said her husband relapsed into drug addiction in about 2008. She said Baldi continued to prescribe Xanax for her husband, despite knowing he was a drug addict. She also described how she and family members staged an intervention with her husband, telling him they were concerned about his heavy drug use. He left their Johnston house and went to the TownePlace Suites hotel. She said she called her husband's bandmates, but none offered to help. "One was playing golf two minutes away from our house but couldn't come," she testified. "Nobody else cared, nobody was involved. They told me it was my problem." Two days later, he was found dead in his hotel room.

Daniel Baldi, an expert in pain management, had faced up to 18 years in jail if found guilty. He now hopes to return to work. However, Baldi still faces several civil lawsuits as well as administrative charges from the Iowa Board of Medicine which could cost him his medical license.

As for the band, Slipknot are working on their first album since All Hope Is Gone and also the first following Paul Gray's passing.

Source: desmoinesregister.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 03.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 166 users
03.05.2014 - 15:48
theFIST

Well that"s a shitty doctor
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
03.05.2014 - 18:14
Rupert

Written by theFIST on 03.05.2014 at 15:48

Can't say I've met any good ones, unfortunately.
03.05.2014 - 18:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I actually didn't know he had died of an overdose before this. Addiction is a bitch. It's a shame he couldn't get the better of it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.05.2014 - 01:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by theFIST on 03.05.2014 at 15:48

Or an awesome one, depending on how you look at it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.05.2014 - 03:10
Reaper_Redeemer

Or maybe we don't give a shit about this event ...
04.05.2014 - 03:13
Mattybu

I sort of agree with the verdict here, I mean would you charge a gun shop keeper with manslaughter if someone bought a gun and shot themselves...

In any case drug addiction is a slippery slope and it's unfortunate the way it went down.

Hits total: 2893 | This month: 8