Metal Storm logo
Which band(s) have you seen live recently?

06.05.2014 - 09:38
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
In the weekend, I visited Karmøygeddon Metal Festival in Haugesund and experienced some great live acts.

In Vain - Really cool gig by these Norwegians, played some neat songs from Ænigma.

Insomnium - They delivered as always, ny 4th time seeing them and it's always an amazing experience, can't wait until next time!

Solstafir - Had just heard the name, but decided to see them anyways. Damn I was totally mind blown! Such an amazing live act!

Omnium Gatherum - My first time seeing them, really well played. Just a shame that they played so early in the evening, they deserved a larger public.

Kreator - Hell was unleashed! They made the biggest moshpit at the festival, goddammit it was fun!

Amorphis - They're always pleasant live, and they were this time as well. I was just too tired to go wild to it, but was a really good gig anyways.

Kampfar - Cool Norwegian black metal band, good live show.

Obliteration - Norwegian death metal, was a little boring for me.

Sognametal (Vreid / Windir / Ulcus) - Not quite my cup of tea but was cool to see them anyways.

Moonspell - A band with decent music delivered a good show,
09.05.2014 - 10:34
toxx
Supreme being
Obliteration is actually one of the best live bands I have seen. Seen them twice. Strange that you find them boring, but I guess it's again just a matter of taste

Haven't been to a single concert since january, when I saw Sarkom on a small local venue. Mediocre show. Going to see Blood Ceremony in two weeks. Might just turn out to be a better experience!
09.05.2014 - 11:22
raveneffect
Other than a handful of portuguese bands, not anything special.

Right Now I only have on my calender Vagos Open Air (Opeth, Kreator, Annihilator, Behemoth, Gojira, Epica, etc...) for August and Overkill + Prong +Enforcer for November.
10.05.2014 - 15:17
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by toxx on 09.05.2014 at 10:34

Obliteration is actually one of the best live bands I have seen. Seen them twice. Strange that you find them boring, but I guess it's again just a matter of taste

It's a matter of taste for sure, I'm just not into the pure death metal stuffs. The best gig I've been to ever is Rammstein in Oslo, oh the intensity!
10.05.2014 - 15:19
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by raveneffect on 09.05.2014 at 11:22

Other than a handful of portuguese bands, not anything special.

Right Now I only have on my calender Vagos Open Air (Opeth, Kreator, Annihilator, Behemoth, Gojira, Epica, etc...) for August and Overkill + Prong +Enforcer for November.

Opeth, Gojira, Behemoth sounds great!
11.05.2014 - 20:19
Schizoid6.6
Must be nice to live in Europe. Last groups I saw were Killswitch Engage/Volbeat/Trivium/FFDP/Advenge Sevenfold from the Lunatic Luau. This is the best America can do seemingly.

But I saw Ghost a few weeks ago and will be seeing Black Label Society on Monday.
12.05.2014 - 05:33
Serbantez
I recently missed my first chance to see Enslaved in january, and wanted to use this thread as an opportunity to castigate myself for this idiocy. Anyways

Saw Mastodon & Baroness end of feb after opting out of Soundwave Festival (the only big festival in Australia that caters to a metal crowd) and had an entirely different experience to what i was expecting going in. I was attending the concert with a friend who i'd introduced both bands to, and while he was super keen for both I had been coming down off Baroness' stuff and was a little underwhelmed with the prospect of seeing them to be honest.

How wrong I was. Obviously John Baizley had really missed the stage during his recovery from a terrible injury, as from the second their set began the entire venue was swept up in his energy. I think this was their first time playing in Australia and they absolutely nailed it, the music came into its own live and made me second guess where my opinion on the band had settled. Long set with all the crowd pleasers, very impressed with the experience.

Mastodon, on the other hand, seemed worn out. They played a huge (90 minute +) set touching on all of their previous albums, but they seemed tired. Troy's vocals were as fierce and on point as ever, but through the instrumental sections he seemed disinterested and wandered around more than usual, lacking the stage presence i've seen before. Bill K seemed more out of it than usual too. I think they really went hard touring the Hunter and burnt themselves out a little bit, hopefully they got a rest, enjoyed returning to the studio and bring the thunder next time they come round! Really love the guys and didn't leave disappointed, but i thought that the fatigue was noticeable.

Toxic Holocaust + Skeletonwitch was agonisingly cancelled recently, looking forward to Carcass, High on Fire and Aborted/Psycroptic in the coming months!
26.05.2014 - 22:05
Dr.Overkill26
Destruction. It was ok, was Kinda Boring. Also Acoustic King Buzzo, that was Fun.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
30.05.2014 - 14:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by toxx on 09.05.2014 at 10:34

Going by the rest of the bands he saw I'm not that surprised he didn't enjoy them. I don't actually find Obliteration as good on record as many people seem to but I should be seeing them in a few weeks so hoping they're as good as people are saying.
30.05.2014 - 16:26
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Guest on 30.05.2014 at 14:52

Going by the rest of the bands he saw I'm not that surprised he didn't enjoy them. I don't actually find Obliteration as good on record as many people seem to but I should be seeing them in a few weeks so hoping they're as good as people are saying.

They're pretty fun live. Definitely quite intense, but they're a club band, I don't think I would enjoy them on a big stage.

I saw Suidakra last weekend, they didn't do much for me. I did see Obliternation and Nekromantheon in Feb this year, both of them were a lot better than I expected.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
30.05.2014 - 16:30
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Schizoid6.6 on 11.05.2014 at 20:19

Must be nice to live in Europe. Last groups I saw were Killswitch Engage/Volbeat/Trivium/FFDP/Advenge Sevenfold from the Lunatic Luau. This is the best America can do seemingly.

But I saw Ghost a few weeks ago and will be seeing Black Label Society on Monday.

Also being in Europe is definitely better for the live scene. I usually get to watch some local bands here, but it's not that often. I'm assuming there is a decent touring circuit in the US as well. I'd definitely love to catch all the sludge bands.
Might be headed back to Sweden later this year, so I'm definitely looking forward to catching some fall tours.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
02.06.2014 - 20:32
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Yesterday I attended the Sonisphere festival in Oslo, where we saw:

Gojira, Ghost, Mastodon, Slayer and Metallica. Gojira, Mastodon and Ghost got only 30 minutes showtime, which was to little in my eyes. Slayer got 45 minutes and Metallica did a full set in 2 hours. I'm not a Metallica fan but I enjoyed it, they did deliver a great show. Main reason for me being there was Gojira though. All in all I'm happy with the show as a whole
10.06.2014 - 03:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Got back from the Eyehategod/Ringworm show. Sweet show, all the acts were solid. First band was a local one-man noise act, Homewrecker and Yauja were especially impressive (And crushing as all hell) and Enabler was modest. The final two bands topped the night off.

Managed to grab some good merch. An EHG shirt (25 Years of Dysfunctional Family Abuse), Enabler's newest CD, and a copy of Cancer As A Social Activity, a poety book written by Mike Williams. I read it in between bands and this dude walks up and asks me if I liked it. When I told him yes, he walked away, and I went right back to reading before I did a double take and realized it was Mike himself. Got him to sign it, trying my best to not look like a bashful schoolgirl.
21.07.2014 - 16:26
Guib
Thrash Talker
I've seen, Megadeth, Mastodon, Venom, Dying Fetus, Cradle of Filth and Motley Crue at
Amnesia Rockfest in june and I'm gonna see Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Overkill, Exodus, Municipal Waste
D.R.I and Apocalyptica in 2 weeka at heavy montreal.. then won't see another show until
September which will be Skeletonwitch, Amon Amarth and Sabaton.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.07.2014 - 12:19
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Wacken Open Air in a few days, will be fun!
21.08.2014 - 12:21
Nordsmetal
I just was on Made of Metal festivan in Hodonin, Czech Republic on the last weekend
So the bands what i have seen there:
Edenbridge, Suidakra, Atrocity, Desire for Sorrow, Alestorm, Rhapsody, Sirenia, Stream of Passion, Leaves' Eyes, Haggard, Dream Evil, Silent Stream of Godless Elegy, Ancient Bards, Eponine, Latex Jesus, Desdemona, Dead Label, Gormathon, Amaranthe, Ensiferum, Therion
21.08.2014 - 22:56
jamesRWE
Going to see ALICE IN CHAINS next week! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!
----
Hey. I work for a wicked company called rockworldeast.com and I get to give out free t-shirts and stuff! Find me on Twitter - @ROCKWORLDEAST if you ever want to chat!
22.08.2014 - 00:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Nordsmetal on 21.08.2014 at 12:21

I just was on Made of Metal festivan in Hodonin, Czech Republic on the last weekend
So the bands what i have seen there:
Edenbridge, Suidakra, Atrocity, Desire for Sorrow, Alestorm, Rhapsody, Sirenia, Stream of Passion, Leaves' Eyes, Haggard, Dream Evil, Silent Stream of Godless Elegy, Ancient Bards, Eponine, Latex Jesus, Desdemona, Dead Label, Gormathon, Amaranthe, Ensiferum, Therion

I'm curious to know how Edenbridge, Therion and Haggard were live? They are 3 of the major bands i still have to knock off my bucket list (it's hard being in Australia haha). They've all kind of passed their prime i guess, but still!

I was actually meant to see Edenbridge live back in 2006 in Norway at Ragnarock festival, but it went bankrupt, and i missed out - was on my birthday too, so cut!
22.08.2014 - 13:00
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Alright, so I've been at Wacken Open Air, and I saw these acts:

Hammerfall
Steel Panther
Masterplan
Chthonic
Heaven Shall Burn
Apocalyptica & Orchestra
Carcass
King Diamond
For The Imperium
Dordeduh
Rabbit At War
Arch Enemy
Behemoth
Devin Townsend
Emperor (Played through "In The Nightside Eclipse")
Fleshgod Apocalypse
ICS Vortex
Kreator

I think that was it!
25.08.2014 - 19:12
Bloodycorpse
I saw Sabaton last saturday, it was awesome! It was their last concert on the Sweden tour. and 3 weeks ago I was at Getaway rock festival (also in sweden), I saw marduk, gorgoroth, watain, napalm death and opeth there, it was so rad!
----
I'm a trve Viking from the north!
26.08.2014 - 03:23
Totenlieder
Corrosion of Conformity.
Very good show. Lots of energy and fun. They played my favorite song too.
A couple of weeks ago I saw Black Flag with a buddy of mine.
----
Blut & Krieg
27.08.2014 - 06:07
Kennoth
I don't go to a lot of shows. Last metal band I've seen was Pero Defformero, Serbian prog metal band.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
27.08.2014 - 15:33
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Kennoth on 27.08.2014 at 06:07

Pero Defformero

Lol. Is that band live like they are in the videos?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.08.2014 - 16:26
Kennoth
Written by Karlabos on 27.08.2014 at 15:33

Written by Kennoth on 27.08.2014 at 06:07

Pero Defformero

Lol. Is that band live like they are in the videos?

Haha, even wackier. The lead singer has this bigass necklace around his neck that actually spins. I don't know how he does it.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
29.08.2014 - 12:05
Krankheit
Account deleted
Saw Sinmara, Irkallian Oracle, Dødsengel, The Ruins of Beverast and Inquisition yesterday, at Beyond the Gates III. Solid live performances by all bands. I was most impressed by Dødsengel, playing live for the first time ever, and Inquisition.