Metal Storm logo
Rate My CD Collection

Original post

Posted by Fallen Ghost, 07.05.2014 - 10:54
As the title says, take a look at the last person who commented above, and rate it from 1 - 10. Please give some reasons for why you rated the collection as you did!

So the first commenter are going to rate mine, then the next are rating his etc. Think you got it!
11.05.2014 - 21:14
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I'm not a big fan of metalcore or deathcore, and you had no albums from any of the bands I do like from those genres (to be fair, my collection isn't as varied as I'd like yet, so I don't have stuff from those bands either). In fact, you had quite a few albums from a few bands that I really don't care much for. Still, you had a good collection of death metal and good stuff from a few other genres. I'd rate your collection 5/10.

But like most other people have said, it's all down to personal taste. My collection sure isn't spectacular; I expect someone to rate it especially low, unless somehow the next commenter has the exact same taste as mine.
----
12.05.2014 - 11:52
toxx
Supreme being
Jaeryd17 has quite a nice collection! Varied, lots of stuff that I would like for my own collection. Edge of Sanity too! And Queen! Also a lot of nice Prog stuff. I would almost give it a 8, but it's gonna have to end on a solid, strong 7.
12.05.2014 - 15:30
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Toxx has some pretty good essentials to his collection, across a variation of subgenres. Could still use some work, but you get at least a solid 7 man.

*haven't updated my collection in a while, but it's still 200+, so knock yourself out
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
15.05.2014 - 21:03
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
^Lots of stuffs I don't know, so it's kinda hard to rate the collection! Also you got some good records. Carpe Noctem, Enslaved and of course a lot of Opeth. I'll give you a 5, 'cause you got some stuffs I really enjoy, some stuffs I find just okay and a lots I don't know
15.05.2014 - 21:19
raveneffect

Fallen Ghost: It's rather small but you have different stuff which makes this collection interesting. I'm kind of curious to see what's your ratting on all the Dream Evil, Hammerfall and the Single CoB album. Same for Lordi and Sabaton. Some stuff like Mastodon or even CoB could be improved. You can get Leviathan, Blood Mountain or Hatebreeder on a cheap Amazon store for less than 3? each with shippings included. Behemoth could be a little more expensive but sometimes it's on really high discounts.

Short but sweet, 7/10 'cause its missing some key elements from some bands. Kudos for the Insomnium and Kalmah.
15.05.2014 - 21:58
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by raveneffect on 15.05.2014 at 21:19

Fallen Ghost: It's rather small but you have different stuff which makes this collection interesting. I'm kind of curious to see what's your ratting on all the Dream Evil, Hammerfall and the Single CoB album. Same for Lordi and Sabaton. Some stuff like Mastodon or even CoB could be improved. You can get Leviathan, Blood Mountain or Hatebreeder on a cheap Amazon store for less than 3? each with shippings included. Behemoth could be a little more expensive but sometimes it's on really high discounts.

Short but sweet, 7/10 'cause its missing some key elements from some bands. Kudos for the Insomnium and Kalmah.

My whole collection doesn't represent what my taste in music is at this point. I was a huge fan of Dream Evil, Lordi and Sabaton before, but got tired of that stuffs. But it's still a part of my "music history" if you get what I mean, so that's why I got all these stuffs! Children Of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll was one of the first extreme metal albums I enjoyed, so I didn't listen to them for a long time.

Also I got that Mastodon CD from a friend, and I would probably not buy it myself. Tried the other CD's as you stated, but didn't just click. Also with Behemoth, I'm a huge fan of the new CD, but not that much of their older stuffs!
17.05.2014 - 10:58
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I'll pretend I'm a fan of thrash and death metal and say 4/10. Some big names that I assume are good. Needs more albums from Sabbath and Motorhead. Good to see some symphonic black there. Not enough, though. Not many albums in common.
I wonder if I should add my non-database stuff to my collection?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.05.2014 - 11:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
Have to say that Vice has a nice large collection. Varied from different styles, and a lot of bands I wish I had some albums from but don't for some reason. I'd say it's probably a 9 out of 10, mostly because I'm jealous of some stuff.
----
19.05.2014 - 12:57
raveneffect

Try used ones on Amazon. I got most of my Motorhead for $3/less each.
19.05.2014 - 13:16
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by raveneffect on 19.05.2014 at 12:57

Try used ones on Amazon. I got most of my Motorhead for $3/less each.

I don't trust the used ones. How do you know the cd isn't scratched or the booklet doesn't contain someone's congieled sheeze between the pages.
----
19.05.2014 - 14:27
raveneffect

Written by M C Vice on 19.05.2014 at 13:16

I don't trust the used ones. How do you know the cd isn't scratched or the booklet doesn't contain someone's congieled sheeze between the pages.

Honestly, there is no real way to trust the condition of the CD. However, you can trust the shops that sell them and their honesty of the condition described. I only buy on a handful of very specific shops and only had two problems that resulted in a full refund plus a original copy of the CD (not a used one) for free. When something is rated Very Good, The CD's are almost scratchless and the booklets are very good (only have the plastic holder marks), on the worst case scenario the plastic box is scratched or broken but thats nothing, since you can easily change it from some other useless CD box or just buy a bunch of them in any chinese shop. I'm not sure if I can talk about the shops, but the ones i've been using on amazon are Zoverstocks (UK) and All your Music (US), they always have awesome prices either its brand new or used, their costumer service is good even though it usually takes average 2 weeks to arrive, it's still worth it.

Of course, its never BRAND NEW, but most cases you will end up with something like 90% instead of the 100% and you'll pay 1/3 or even less for them.
28.07.2014 - 12:22
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Playing this game again;

Deadone, you got plenty of stuffs I'm not into, but also have some great stuffs.. I'd give you a 5 or 6!
28.07.2014 - 20:53
Ganondox

The only actual CDs I own are The Fallen by Evanescence and Weathered by Creed, got them both at a garage sale, so please don't judge me based on that. Is there anyway to add digital albums to the collection?

Anyway, I think I'll give you an 8, you've got good tastes. Love how not you've got plenty of sweet blackgaze like Alcest and An Autumn For Crippled Children, but you've got a fair bit of variety with lots of good progressive, power, and melodeath, and some good miscellaneous stuff like Rammstein. You've got the two best Disturbed and Mastodon albums for one. In regards to other black metal I see you have some of the best of the lot, like Emperor, Anaal Nathrakh, and Xanthochroid, and some more good post-metal like Sólstafir. Still some of the stuff is weaker, and I think it's missing a lot of stuff, but that's true for everyone, and most of what you have is top notch. I certainly wouldn't mind having to just listen to your collection for a week.
28.07.2014 - 21:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ganondox on 28.07.2014 at 20:53
Is there anyway to add digital albums to the collection?

So long as you paid for them, I'd just list them under CD or vinyl depending on the digital version you paid for and write "digital download" in the additional info section of your collection.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.07.2014 - 05:03
Ganondox

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.07.2014 at 21:53

Written by Ganondox on 28.07.2014 at 20:53
Is there anyway to add digital albums to the collection?

So long as you paid for them, I'd just list them under CD or vinyl depending on the digital version you paid for and write "digital download" in the additional info section of your collection.

Ah, thanks, pumping my profile up with poseurcore now. Anyway, I'll give you a 4/10, I see some stuff I like (mainly melodeath, some techdeath/progdeath and traditional, and some random stuff like Agalloch and Dimmu Borgir), but it's too death metal heavy for my tastes.
30.07.2014 - 17:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'd probably give my physical collection a pretty low score as well. I don't own much of what I actually want since most of my spending was done at local record shops and they don't always carry what I'm after. I like supporting small business though so I buy some stuff I'm not necessarily keen on just to help keep the store afloat.

Obviously my digital collection is a 10/10.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.07.2014 - 17:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I really need to update my collection, it's missing almost 300 hundred albums
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.07.2014 - 17:58
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.07.2014 at 17:48

I'd probably give my physical collection a pretty low score as well. I don't own much of what I actually want since most of my spending was done at local record shops and they don't always carry what I'm after. I like supporting small business though so I buy some stuff I'm not necessarily keen on just to help keep the store afloat.

Obviously my digital collection is a 10/10.

I agree with this although I do also buy a lot online from smaller distros and the bands themselves. I try to stay away from Relapse and other labels that I know don't need my money. I buy a lot of physicals (tapes especially) from thrift shops and second hand stores, so I have lots of 80's rock and pop on tape
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.08.2014 - 12:04
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Willy; the majority of your registered collection is something I've never ever heard about, though you got some stuffs I know by name but haven't listened so much to. + for Mastodon. I would conclude this with a score of 3/10 (sorry!)
11.08.2014 - 00:44
Vombatus
Potorro
^ if I was unfamiliar with most albums of a collection I wouldn't rate it..... doing so negatively is not very logical.

Someday I should put mine here, laziness is a major obstacle though
11.08.2014 - 18:17
raveneffect

If one isnt familiar with, at least, half of the collection, it isnt fair at all to comment, even less to rate it.
16.08.2014 - 15:20
God of shadows

You had way too much that I either had no clue at all existed, not too big fan of, not listened to yet and albums I yet haven't heard of of good bands to give you a high score. You were on a 5,5 for some while thanks for some Katatonia, Bloodbath, Elvenking, Avantasia and a few others until I saw Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond, so your final score for me is 5,75.
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania
17.08.2014 - 03:21
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Probably 4 or 5. Haven't heard most of what's there, but good to see Falconer there. And you agree that Agony is better than Labyrinth.
----
22.08.2014 - 19:00
JD
Account deleted
Rate my ratings not my CDs collection please