Metal Storm logo
Looking for gothic metal

24.01.2007 - 13:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
hi. i recently noticed how much i love nightwish-like moody/sad songs like ghost love score, epica-seyf ad din, the epica song with the terrorism spoken bit and theatre of tragedy-(that damn song with the edgar allen poe narration)
basically, that's what i'm looking for(bands, albums, etc). reccomend away!
24.01.2007 - 14:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey I woint post long posts just shot one whit links

But here are my coment - I like gothic metal and rock, not all but something who are closer to metal and rock yes, I dont like thise extreame bands who cover faces whit make up --> more hwo BM and locks and plays like Melvin and co...
I listen Gothic Roch. Gothic Metal(Nigtwish Style) Gothic/Black and Gothic/Doom

I had talk about it so offen then ehhh

www.gothmetal.net
Site are poor, but some good bands there are thay ignore good goth bands but put some Melvin stuff
there are radio too, ist good guide fro begining

+ read my posts

Extreme Gothic Metal
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4584

Best Gothic Band
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3615

Alos about Gothic/Doom read all my posts what I had post in all doom treads and in those 2 I had mention a lot of bands try them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2007 - 16:30
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
Well..I'm into gothic metal, but there are so many kinds of bands...!!
Similar to Nightwish..you could check for:

- Leaves' Eyes
- Within Temptation
- Tristania
- Sirenia

I've got many other names, but these are among the bands similar to Nightwish I love the most.
25.01.2007 - 18:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.01.2007 at 16:30

Well..I'm into gothic metal, but there are so many kinds of bands...!!
Similar to Nightwish..you could check for:

- Leaves' Eyes
- Within Temptation
- Tristania
- Sirenia

I've got many other names, but these are among the bands similar to Nightwish I love the most.

You're from Italy I sugest yoy find info more about Italian bands, because there are so good Gothic scene belive me, in love Italian scene, ist wien who insirate gothic bands there
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2007 - 19:33
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2007 at 18:42

You're from Italy I sugest yoy find info more about Italian bands, because there are so good Gothic scene belive me, in love Italian scene, ist wien who insirate gothic bands there

What for a strange thing..I'm from Italy and I love Scandinavian metal the most LOL !!!
I think we've got greater power/prog bands. More than gothic ones.
However, there are some good italian goth metal bands, you're right.

The early Lacuna Coil (till Unleashed Memories), for example.
Svenia, Mandragora Scream, Moon Of Steel, Macbeth, last Theatres des Vampires, My Sixth Shadow, How Like A Winter...

Anyway...I still prefer nordic music
25.01.2007 - 22:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.01.2007 at 19:33

Written by Bad English on 25.01.2007 at 18:42

What for a strange thing..I'm from Italy and I love Scandinavian metal the most LOL !!!
I think we've got greater power/prog bands. More than gothic ones.
However, there are some good italian goth metal bands, you're right.

The early Lacuna Coil (till Unleashed Memories), for example.
Svenia, Mandragora Scream, Moon Of Steel, Macbeth, last Theatres des Vampires, My Sixth Shadow, How Like A Winter...

Anyway...I still prefer nordic music

I can not belive, Italian metal scene are best of world, Scandinavs cant craite such atmosfere in music how Italian bands for example even those what you mention, hay playing but im bored, IMO italian bands are much better how Scandic specely in gothic scene
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2007 - 22:38
rebelos
Account deleted
Tiamat... you have to try them!
25.01.2007 - 22:44
Lupas
Maximus
Try these
Delain
Lunatica
Leaves Eyes
Xandria
Forever Slave
SATYRIAN
Magika
Brave
Unshine
Aesma Daeva
Chalice
Adastreia

These can be found samples onto thier web site or try onto myspace

Edit: As from the first post , you like nightwish style , that is female fronted metal band. Here are all female fronted bands . As i said these can be easily found biography onto thier website .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
25.01.2007 - 23:09
Ivvas
well you seem to like the epic gothic style with female vocals - and since no one has mentioned them yet i'd reccomend Nemesea!

they hail from the netherlands and they only have one album out as of right now although they are putting together new material - if you like epica then i strongly reccomend these guys

also Midnattsol is pretty good - fronted by a woman who is the sister of Liv Kristine (of leaves eyes) - you should check them out too!
----
Music is like a treasure hunt
you go around the world looking for it scrapping the useless maps that lead you nowhere
then you finally find that spot and it's up to you to decide whether you wish to keep it to yourself
or share it with the world.
25.01.2007 - 23:10
Ernis
狼獾
Mandragora Scream is unleashing their newest single Jeanne d'Arc in March.....try them.....for me they are one of the most unique ones among the Italian bands....
25.01.2007 - 23:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.01.2007 at 22:38

But what you know about early Tiamat albums specely first 4?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2007 - 00:23
Bitch Boy
You should try Alhana, a symphonic power metal band from Hungary with sad atmosphere and some folk elements.

Atargatis, the original band of Darkwell's vocalist Stephanie Luzie, and as Darkwell, with dark atmosphere (but not that doom/gothic oriented as Darkwell).
26.01.2007 - 01:09
DarkMistress
there´s a pretty unknown band, italian guys http://www.maledia.com/ they´re pretty cool, but as a i said before, unknown

also, you can try in http://www.gothmetal.net/ this site is a good guide, because also has some kind of "catalogue" where you can find many other bands
----
Wait in fire
26.01.2007 - 01:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WTF Pikachu 666 secend post like this, just wanna wate tomorow BTW and see what hepens
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2007 - 01:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bitch Boy on 26.01.2007 at 00:23

You should try Alhana, a symphonic power metal band from Hungary with sad atmosphere and some folk elements.

Atargatis, the original band of Darkwell's vocalist Stephanie Luzie, and as Darkwell, with dark atmosphere (but not that doom/gothic oriented as Darkwell).

Good man Atargatis are good band, I love it, its one of my first Gothic bands what I hear so I realy like it and its amazig
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2007 - 16:18
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2007 at 23:44

haven't heard them but from what i know they are death metal so... avoid them
26.01.2007 - 16:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.01.2007 at 16:18

Written by Bad English on 25.01.2007 at 23:44

haven't heard them but from what i know they are death metal so... avoid them

Yes you're wright and in leither realeses ist soem dead/doom nd influencies
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2007 - 19:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@all exept rebelos: thanks
@rebelos: dude, tiamat is doom. i don't want doom!
27.01.2007 - 07:31
Arrwyn
Hmm, here are my top recommended bands for gothic metal (sorry if some of these are just repeats from earlier in the thread)

1. After Forever
2. Nemesea
3. Tristania (pre-Ashes)
4. Sirenia
5. Via Mystica
6. Elis
7. Eternal Tears of Sorrow
8. Crematory
9. Rain Fell Within
10. Darkwell
27.01.2007 - 12:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arrwyn on 27.01.2007 at 07:31

Hmm, here are my top recommended bands for gothic metal (sorry if some of these are just repeats from earlier in the thread)

5. Via Mystica

Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Rain Fell Within

Via Mystica who is that?

Thank's to mention Rain Fall Withing

but ETOS its Melododic death metal/ok doom I would accepted, but not gothic, where you hera gothih there
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2007 - 13:37
FOOCK Nam
I know very little of gothic bands, most I know you mentioned, except for Lake of Tears whose Forever Autumn was my favorite. And Crown of Autumn (If they are gothic???, MA indicated they are gothic once, but Im not sure.
27.01.2007 - 14:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.01.2007 at 13:37

I know very little of gothic bands, most I know you mentioned, except for Lake of Tears whose Forever Autumn was my favorite. And Crown of Autumn (If they are gothic???, MA indicated they are gothic once, but Im not sure.

I know only doom metal abnd Forever Autumn
http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=97

Lake of Tears leither albums are gothic, but firts are more gothic doom

And Crown of Autumn its melo black metal
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2007 - 15:22
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 27.01.2007 at 14:40

Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.01.2007 at 13:37

I know only doom metal abnd Forever Autumn
http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=97

Lake of Tears leither albums are gothic, but firts are more gothic doom

And Crown of Autumn its melo black metal

Its a coincident that Lake of Tears has an album which's name ( what I meant about) is same to a doom metal band's name from USA.
Crown of Autumn, well it can be considered melodic black metal, but from their stuff I have, it's melodic element is not like melodic element which most melodic black metal bands often have, it (the melodic element of Crown of Autumn) is more acoustic guitar and soft keyboard, I mean its more like folk, or else such melo-folk black metal, but classifying them as melo black metal is right for whole reasonable to consider other melodic black metal bands in one genre/subgenre
27.01.2007 - 18:05
Arrwyn
Written by Bad English on 27.01.2007 at 12:48

5. Via Mystica

Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Rain Fell Within

Via Mystica who is that?

but ETOS its Melododic death metal/ok doom I would accepted, but not gothic, where you hera gothih there

Eh, that band is all over the place. With some of their songs, I consider some of their guitar riffs/keys gothic metal. ESPECIALLY when they bring in the female vocals at times.

But...lol, their newer material is more extreme power...they can't keep a genre if their life depended on it.
27.01.2007 - 23:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arrwyn on 27.01.2007 at 18:05

5. Via Mystica

Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Rain Fell Within

Via Mystica who is that?

Eh, that band is all over the place. With some of their songs, I consider some of their guitar riffs/keys gothic metal. ESPECIALLY when they bring in the female vocals at times.

But...lol, their newer material is more extreme power...they can't keep a genre if their life depended on it.

Female vocals can be in
Hard Rock, Doom Metal, Black metal even death metal so it dont means if tehre are female vocals its gothic, its melo death whit doom elements and doom poetism about last in one point I agree

@Jet I agree
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2007 - 07:35
Arrwyn
Written by Bad English on 27.01.2007 at 23:33

Written by Arrwyn on 27.01.2007 at 18:05

5. Via Mystica

Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Rain Fell Within

Via Mystica who is that?

Female vocals can be in
Hard Rock, Doom Metal, Black metal even death metal so it dont means if tehre are female vocals its gothic, its melo death whit doom elements and doom poetism about last in one point I agree

@Jet I agree

Yeah but on some parts they are clearly classified as gothic metal. I mean, seriously, look at their new CD. Even MetalStorm classifies them as extreme power metal at this point. And for their older material, a lot of sites classify them as gothic metal even though they have a lot of symphonic black and melodic death influences. It seems to vary by album which genre they choose. They have gone from thrash metal to melodic death, to symphonic black, to gothic metal, and at the moment, extreme power metal.

And I don't know about you, but I don't hear any doom in them...they are too upbeat to be anywhere near that classification; very rarely will they whip out an acoustic guitar as well.
28.01.2007 - 12:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
Try Belphegor, they are quite cool gothic band from Austria with beautifull and seducive fe-male vocals and clean male vocals, they have violins and staff. The last album is Pestapokalypse VI, just one thing maybe covers of this album look strange for this kind of music but don't wory they are lunatics. Enjoy your goth
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.01.2007 - 14:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Thalis - Thay are not gothic that kind of male vocals isnt gothic, lsietn Beseech, Systers of Mercy, Type o Negative its gothic, thay are melo dearh metal and extreeme power metal, last album yes but not fiurst 4 its melo death amnd doom, i mena lyrics, because thay are to poetical for melo death
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2007 - 17:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Lord Grim - I know werry well what is doom man so STHU and one song I werry well know and bride Of The Crimson Sea are one of my fav songs and Its gothic well I agree but other songs in album gothic, so then better listen it its melo death whit influencies and ehh

Tjose whay you mention hahaha Katatonoa only Dance Of The december Songs I like only its b;lack/doom Agalloch read my post in Agalloch tread and Im wery good know what is doom Im into it so 4 years into doom BTW.
I jsut told its doom metal type of lyrics PETICAL, ist all POETICAL

So ETOS think its complicated, but this band is noty in this tread

ok ETOS - Bride of the crimson sea I woud accepted sugest some song but not band

Graveworm, sam etime its some black metal too hwo gothic and I agree gothic its warius influencies so ...............
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2007 - 18:47
okt31
Account deleted
Moonspell are godly!! The rest of the genre doesn't even come close..
I'm not a big fan of the vbeauty and the beast vocal style gothic metal. However Theatre of Treagedy are quite good.. But even half of Moonspell would beat any gothic metal for me..