04. Temple Of Stagnation (D.F.M.I. MMX)
05. None Shall Mourn
06. Empty Echo

Top 20 albums of 2010: 13

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
"There can be no return from this, I envy the dead."

The italian doom metal act Void Of Silence hail once again with a new effort, The Grave Of Civilization. A few years have passed since the monumental Human Antithesis saw the light of day and their fourth full-length was more than welcome after all this time, being the sound sequel of its predecessor one could say. Alan Nemtheanga is no longer behind the microphone and this role was given to Brooke Johnson and to tell the truth, he succeeds both in terms of interpretation and feeling.

Read more ››
published 18.09.2010 | Comments (36)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 87 users
13.05.2014 - 21:42
Rating: 10
Erik M.

Absolutely amazing... it seems I've found a new favourite band.
17.02.2015 - 19:50
Erik M.

Yeah, ever since I discovered this band and especially this album I've been revisiting it almost weekly.

And now I can finally decide it's worthy of a 10. After all, very few albums remain totally brilliant after 20-30 spins.
02.03.2015 - 18:09
Rating: 7
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Erik M. on 17.02.2015 at 19:50

Yeah, ever since I discovered this band and especially this album I've been revisiting it almost weekly.

And now I can finally decide it's worthy of a 10. After all, very few albums remain totally brilliant after 20-30 spins.

20-30 spins (more than enough) ,help me, can you tell me why this album so great? after many spins,really I can't find and rate this album near '10'.
But after many spins again. Now I reallize Human Antithesis is worth listening tooooo.
02.03.2015 - 21:54
Erik M.

Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 02.03.2015 at 18:09

20-30 spins (more than enough) ,help me, can you tell me why this album so great? after many spins,really I can't find and rate this album near '10'.
But after many spins again. Now I reallize Human Antithesis is worth listening tooooo.

First of all, I think this band has a really unique sound. It's been called "apocalyptic doom metal" by quite a few people due to their themes and haunting sound/atmosphere. I would almost go as far and call this "epic doom" as it simply sounds majestic to me. I'm not that suprised you don't like it a lot because this band is obviously not for everyone. It feels catered for me, though. Everything about it is amazing.

Hits total: 7373 | This month: 15