Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Share New Album Title, Cover Art And More

Eluveitie fans rejoice because today you find out the first details about the folk metallers new album. The Swiss band just revealed the title, cover art and the release date for the upcoming album which is called Origins. The output will be released in just under three months - on August 1st worldwide, August 4th in England, Scotland and Ireland, and on August 5th in North America through Nuclear Blast Records. Check out the cover artwork now created by Chrigel Glanzmann below.

What do you think of the cover and title?

The band also shared the first insights on the lyrical and historical themes of Origins.

In Chrigel's words: "Origins deals in-depth with Celtic mythology, or to be more precise, with aetiological tales from Gaul in particular. Hence we're facing strongly mythical as well as spiritual subjects on this album, topics which we have approached very scientifically and in cooperation with several scientists and diverse universities. Many aspects of Gaulish mythology and spirituality remain in the dark nonetheless, while others run through the theme like a golden thread - like this eminent, yet innominate god, for instance, of which the Gauls claimed to be direct descendants and which was compared to the Roman chtonic deity Dis Pater.

"Today we cannot say which Gaulish god this was exactly. But according to all we know it's likely that we're dealing with Sucellos here. Throughout space and time he appears over and over again - from very old spiritual customs of ancient Gaulish tribes in today's northern Spain all the way to later statues in today's Switzerland, France and elsewhere.

"Perhaps he is this mysterious nameless one. The album cover of Origins is designed after the hammer/club-shaped 'halo' of Sucellos, as seen on a statue, that was found in a shrine of a gallo-roman household in today's France. It was created under the scientific supervision of experts from the university of Zürich."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 14.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 252 users
14.05.2014 - 18:16
MauricioVeiga

Written by Pitwulf93 on 14.05.2014 at 14:34

Not too fond of that album cover but very excited for the album nonetheless!

Same here!
14.05.2014 - 18:18
Gothmog_Motsham

Funny how he did not mention the music at all and was only focusing on the album's theme. I'm honestly expecting another typical Eluveitie album. But I'm excited to see what the new violinist will bring to the table.
14.05.2014 - 20:24
DeathMetalKnight

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 14.05.2014 at 18:18

Funny how he did not mention the music at all and was only focusing on the album's theme. I'm honestly expecting another typical Eluveitie album. But I'm excited to see what the new violinist will bring to the table.

True, true. I don't think that we'll hear anything new on this album. "Self-copying syndrome" alert.
14.05.2014 - 20:34
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ah, Gaul approach again. They been doing it since debut.

Well, excited for new album. Let's see how they roll.
14.05.2014 - 20:39
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Boring Cover, boring theme.

I'll probably still give it a listen but after Helvetos I'm not holding my breathe for their music.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
14.05.2014 - 21:35
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
The artwork reminds me a bit of Ruun (or Isa to some extent) by Enslaved.
14.05.2014 - 21:58
Uldreth

Written by Alex F on 14.05.2014 at 21:35

The artwork reminds me a bit of Ruun (or Isa to some extent) by Enslaved.

Yeah. And in spite of the negative comments in this thread, I really like the artwork. Minimalistic, yes, but quite nice.
15.05.2014 - 00:37
He's a swiss through and through actually. The release date is the national holiday of Switzerland and the minimalistic art style is often used in that same country. That's also the main reason he bothers with the Gaul language so much and he didn't say anything about the sound because he probably prefers to make us listen to it instead of reading about it. If this means that he's going to repeat himself can only be said once we get to hear some music.
15.05.2014 - 01:40
MHOE

Hopefully better than Helvetios... Didn't like that album at all.
15.05.2014 - 05:36
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
It looks a bit like the reissue versions of the first 3 Therion albums.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.05.2014 - 12:49
The Evergreen

Written by Pitwulf93 on 14.05.2014 at 20:32

I really don't mind that. If I wanted to hear something new I would listen to another band. More of the same is totally fine by me

Exactly. Eluveitie are VERY good at what they do. I like consistency, I do not wish to see Eluveitie follow Ensiferum or Turisas down the path of experimentation to the detriment of what made them get in the first place.
15.05.2014 - 17:44
DeathMetalKnight

They already made themself sound so generic, as like Equilibrium.
15.05.2014 - 21:27
Gothmog_Motsham

Written by Pitwulf93 on 14.05.2014 at 20:32

Written by DeathMetalKnight on 14.05.2014 at 20:24

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 14.05.2014 at 18:18

True, true. I don't think that we'll hear anything new on this album. "Self-copying syndrome" alert.

I really don't mind that. If I wanted to hear something new I would listen to another band. More of the same is totally fine by me

I agree I will get the album for sure but I just hope they bring some new stuff to the table...And please less of Anna Murphy's vocals! Her voice is starting to get on my nerves
21.05.2014 - 16:28
Jericho Rehling

I've been a bit bored with their works since Slania; well-performed, just not interesting to me. Maybe this one will have that spark that captures my interest.
14.06.2014 - 18:20
ImNotMetal

Maybe they should learn from ensiferum or equilibrium

Hits total: 3056 | This month: 8