Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - New Song Snippet, Early Guitarist Ernie Chataway Dies

After releasing the first single of their new Redeemer Of Souls album recently, today Judas Priest lifts the veil on another new song to be featured on the album. This one is called "March Of The Damned" and you can hear a snippet of it on the video below. Don't forget that the forthcoming album Redeemer Of Souls will be available on July 14th in the UK and July 15th in the US.

The other Judas Priest-related news today is sadly the passing of their co-founding guitarist Ernie Chataway. According to Classic Rock, original Judas Priest singer Al Atkins has confirmed that the guitarist died at the age of 62.

Atkins and Chataway, along with bassist Bruno Stapenhill and drummer John Partridge, formed Judas Priest in 1969, but the line-up lasted only for seven months. When Atkins fronted a new version of Priest in late 1970 none of his previous bandmates were there. Chataway went on to play with bands including Earth and Bullion. He'd been fighting cancer for quite some time.

Atkins says via Twitter: "Just heard Ernie Chataway passed away last night. Guitarist in the first line up of Judas Priest will be sadly missed."

Kenneth "K.K." Downing took over from Chataway in the second Priest line-up and remained in the band until 2011 when Richard Ian "Richie" Faulkner replaced him. Atkins was replaced by Rob Halford in 1973, and continues performing today with his band Holy Rage.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Posted: 14.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 132 users
15.05.2014 - 05:14
DeathSlyzer
Definitely fits to the name. A marching "groovy" song that is easy to bang your head to. I just hope that they can keep it interesting melodically. (is that even a word?)
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
15.05.2014 - 07:46
mikeprado30
Well, RIP Ernie Chataway also
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
15.05.2014 - 15:56
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
Please just stop...

Hits total: 4737 | This month: 8