Metal Storm logo
The Ultimate Mega Metal Dress Code Thread (Patched Vest,T-Shirt,Coat)

Original post

Posted by raveneffect, 15.05.2014 - 16:55
"Morning hits, you wake up with a smile on your face.
It's that day, the one you've been waiting for the entire week, the entire month, possibly the entire year since it's been announced. You couldnt believe it when you read the news...it's been what? 6...7 years since their last show at your hometown? Fuck yeah! It's gonna be a great day...better...its gonna be THE day!
You get up, plug in that classic record and hit the shower singing the lyrics, shredding your air guitar on that ripping solo. Your phone rings, probably a message from the boys, saying they'll meet you there after work. Not you, you took the day off, the boss can go fuck himself, there's no way he'll keep you from getting to the front row. So, it's dressing time: you've got your shoes, your trousers, the usual battle vest but you're missing the T-Shirt. There's so many of them! Will it be the classic Album one? There's gonna be a million of these t-shirts, everyone has one....maybe the new album....but it's not as powerfull...
fuck it man, it has to be perfect!"

This used to be me on my "young years". The dilema of choosing what to wear at THAT gig i've been waiting for so long. Something most of us, Metalheads, can relate to at somepoint, has to be our care for the Metal culture clothing so, Due to popular Demand, I've decided to Open up this interesting Thread, based on a recent one here: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=44625

Do you have a Battle Vest? Maybe a rare t-shirt you want to share with us? This is the place to do it.
16.02.2015 - 13:16
raveneffect
Cool Layout but somehow I feel the Immortal backshape would look better on top instead of the bottom.
17.02.2015 - 02:51
Totenlieder
Written by raveneffect on 16.02.2015 at 13:16

Cool Layout but somehow I feel the Immortal backshape would look better on top instead of the bottom.

I agree a little bit.
My hair would cover it up though.
It does cover the Bathory part but people who know that album know its Bathory.
----
Blut & Krieg
04.03.2015 - 01:40
Vombatus
Potorro
Been doing some sewing. Looks about right

05.03.2015 - 14:48
Jtbmetal123
My whole closet is just metal Tee's. I never got into the whole jacket idea. I live in Florida and its way to hot for that.
05.03.2015 - 15:41
raveneffect
Written by Vombatus on 04.03.2015 at 01:40

Been doing some sewing. Looks about right

Looks good, I really like these "minialistic" vests with B/W color Padron. Also, the Urfaust shape is always a beauty. I would add some studs/chains/Spikes, silver tones, may work well with the contrast black fabric.
06.03.2015 - 01:57
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by raveneffect on 05.03.2015 at 15:41

Looks good, I really like these "minialistic" vests with B/W color Padron. Also, the Urfaust shape is always a beauty. I would add some studs/chains/Spikes, silver tones, may work well with the contrast black fabric.

Thanks dude, my intention was going minimalistic so I'm happy how it ended up. I thought about adding a few studs but I never tried and scared to fuck up I'm thinking of new project mainly with grind & dirty old school patches where I would be adding spikes, bones & other weird experiments, but have to think that one out....
06.03.2015 - 10:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Almost during all my teenage years (hot or cold, the weather didn't matter) I always wore my denim vest with patches (the more satanic the band and message, the cooler I was) and autographs which my mom had sown in (the John Petrucci one was my favourite), a band t-shirt, an inverted cross and a Baphomet sigil (that's right, two satanic symbols around my neck so I doubled the coolness) around my neck, a ring with a sigil on it on one of my fingers, wrist bands with studs and black leather gloves also with studs. Oh I was so fucking awesome.

I realise today that I was a fucking nerd, but I like it. I'm glad I did it and that I had that period in my life. These days I rarely wear my old band shirts, never my denim jacket (although I look at it with nostalgic memories now and then) and certainly not those symbols and studs. I realise that I sometimes miss the days since I a couple of years ago bought another Baphomet necklace, a really big one in silver. I have never weared it.

These days I consider myself to be even more of a "metalhead" than back then. But I certainly don't have the urge to show people. When I go to shows today I always wear either my Watain/Kreator/Celtic Frost tour t-shirt or my awesome Shining t-shirt. Yeah that's right, there's still a part of me who wanna show everyone at the Epica gig or whatever, that I'm much more tr00 than them.
----
07.03.2015 - 22:47
raveneffect
Written by Warman on 06.03.2015 at 10:32

Almost during all my teenage years (hot or cold, the weather didn't matter) I always wore my denim vest with patches (the more satanic the band and message, the cooler I was) and autographs which my mom had sown in (the John Petrucci one was my favourite), a band t-shirt, an inverted cross and a Baphomet sigil (that's right, two satanic symbols around my neck so I doubled the coolness) around my neck, a ring with a sigil on it on one of my fingers, wrist bands with studs and black leather gloves also with studs. Oh I was so fucking awesome.

I realise today that I was a fucking nerd, but I like it. I'm glad I did it and that I had that period in my life. These days I rarely wear my old band shirts, never my denim jacket (although I look at it with nostalgic memories now and then) and certainly not those symbols and studs. I realise that I sometimes miss the days since I a couple of years ago bought another Baphomet necklace, a really big one in silver. I have never weared it.

These days I consider myself to be even more of a "metalhead" than back then. But I certainly don't have the urge to show people. When I go to shows today I always wear either my Watain/Kreator/Celtic Frost tour t-shirt or my awesome Shining t-shirt. Yeah that's right, there's still a part of me who wanna show everyone at the Epica gig or whatever, that I'm much more tr00 than them.

I really don't get why you have to consider yourself more metalhead or more tr00 and what you wearing contributes very little to it. I consider myself a metal fan even if I'm attending a gig with a Celine Dion shirt or bare-naked.
08.03.2015 - 09:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by raveneffect on 07.03.2015 at 22:47

I really don't get why you have to consider yourself more metalhead or more tr00 and what you wearing contributes very little to it. I consider myself a metal fan even if I'm attending a gig with a Celine Dion shirt or bare-naked.

Haha my post wasn't all serious. I actually wear my Watain and Shining t-shirt mostly because I really like them and haven't seen anyone else here with the same one. So it's more like: yeah look what I got that you haven't.
----
27.10.2016 - 06:46
Addictf
Written by Warman on 08.03.2015 at 09:19

Written by raveneffect on 07.03.2015 at 22:47

Haha my post wasn't all serious. I actually wear my Watain and Shining t-shirt mostly because I really like them and haven't seen anyone else here with the same one. So it's more like: yeah look what I got that you haven't.

I like zantai style.
02.11.2016 - 11:17
THAVICIOUS1
Hey guys i know this thread could be well forgotten about and old. But i am in the process of creating a battlevest i have dozen of patches coming in via mail or UPS,
my question is this, how could i acquire a large back patch? I've searched everywhere unless i could get the dimensions and have it custom made, even though if i
go this way i will not be able to get a certain band, but could design a cool ass logo or something to place in the back of the vest!