Metal Storm logo
Black Metal Bands Named After People

These days I was wondering why there was bands like Clair Cassis or Johann Wolfgang Pozoj which are named after someone who isn't even a player on the band, so I had the brilliant idea to create a pointless list.
Here you will find bm bands named after real or fictional people. I set aside names of gods, demons and mystical creatures, only people allowed. Also didn't count bands like "Lord Something", reason is because if I took those things in consideration I'd list every damn bm band in the world.
I did a very quick google search and the results are shown below the bands names, but honestly I don't know whether they're the real reason why the bands have that names.
If i'm missing some, please give a shout.

Created by: Karlabos | 26.02.2014

1. Abigail Williams (Abigail and her cousin, Betty Parris were the first two accusers in the Salem Witch trials of 1692.)
2. Aelia Capitolina (It kinda seems like a person's name, but it's the name of a city. Aelia Capitolina was a city built by the emperor Hadrian, and occupied by a Roman colony, on the site of Jerusalem.)
3. Alexander Paul Blake (Apparently it's the name of the lead guy, or better, the artistic name.)
4. Bathory (Elizabeth Bathory was a countess from the renowned Báthory family of nobility in the Kingdom of Hungary. She has been labelled the most prolific female serial killer in history.)
5. Beatrik (The name "Beatrìk" originates from a very old tale of the place in which Frozen Glare Smara lives. Beatrìk was an abominable hunter accompanied by hundreds of infernal dogs that wandered the woods to kill all the humans he could find.)
6. Brown Jenkins (In Lovecraft's "The Dreams in the Witch-House" Brown Jenkin is the name (affectionately) given to the titular witch's "familiar".)
7. Clair Cassis (Also not a person's name. Clair means "clear", and "cassis" is french for black current. Could be a name of perfume brand.)
8. Déborah (Deborah is the fourth Judge and only female Judge of pre-monarchic Israel in the Old Testament.)
9. Jezabel (COL) (Was a Pjoenician princess married with Acabe, king of Israel.)
10. Jefferson Martinho (Probably the name of the guy who writes the music.)
11. Johann Wolfgang Pozoj (I take it that Johann and Wolfgang are took after Bach and Mozart respectively, and Pozoj is a mythological dragon.)
12. Judas Iscariot (Guess who?)
13. Jute Gyte (Apparently doesn't mean anything. But it kinda sounds like a name for a person heh?)
14. Mariana Nannis (Named after an Argentinian fashion model.)
15. Melissa (Well, at least it's a female first name here on my country.)
16. Odz Manouk (In Armenian mythology, Odz Manouk was the son of a nameless king and queen who was born as a serpent.)
17. Sael (Name in the Native American language. Sael is a variation of Sahale.)
18. Samael (Story tells that Samael took Lilith as his wife after she rejected Adam.)
19. Seth (The name Seth is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Seth is: Put, who puts, fixed.)
20. Svarte-Petter (It's a Disney character, also the name of the card game "Old maid" in Swedish. Petter is also the name of a member of the band. Or alias, I don't know...)
21. Visconde Grovelus (Nick of the lead guy.)
22. Vladimyr Bathory (Vladimyr is the main guy, Bathory must be also after Elizabeth bathory.)
23. Vlad Tepes (The band's name comes from Vlad Țepeș, the former 15th century voivode (ruler) of Wallachia (which is now a territory in Romania), but it is spelled wrong. He is widely known as Dracula.)
24. Von Branden (Once more the very original idea of putting the name/nick of the vocalist as name of the band)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Karlabos ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 15   Visited by: 60 users
18.05.2014 - 13:44
Guillero

Hahaha Whaaat?? a black metal band named after a fashion model? that is awesome
18.05.2014 - 13:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
You should do a list of black people named after bands.
18.05.2014 - 18:40
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 18.05.2014 at 13:46

Or a band of people on my black list
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.05.2014 - 21:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Karlabos on 18.05.2014 at 18:40

Or Black bands named after people.

Oops. I think we're back again at what started.
28.05.2014 - 01:11
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.05.2014 at 21:38

Written by Karlabos on 18.05.2014 at 18:40

Or Black bands named after people.
Oops. I think we're back again at what started.

Lists of bands naming black people.
28.05.2014 - 12:08
no one
Account deleted
All black member black metal bands would be interesting
28.05.2014 - 13:11
theFIST

Written by Guest on 28.05.2014 at 12:08

for death metal there is something like that, Crackdust from Botswana, but don"t know about a black metal band like that
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
28.05.2014 - 16:05
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 28.05.2014 at 12:08

Even more if it was NSBM =P
----
- Reimu Hakurei
28.05.2014 - 16:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by theFIST on 28.05.2014 at 13:11
for death metal there is something like that, Crackdust from Botswana, but don"t know about a black metal band like that

Also this: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Black_Death/665
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2014 - 17:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 16:59

Also this: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Black_Death/665

I would definitely invite those guys to tea.
28.05.2014 - 18:06
ANGEL REAPER

Isnt Seth also ancient egyptian god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence and foreigners.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.05.2014 - 18:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 28.05.2014 at 17:46
I would definitely invite those guys to tea.

They're from Ohio apparently. I don't even think Ohioans know what tea is.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2014 - 22:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.05.2014 at 18:06

Isnt Seth also ancient egyptian god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence and foreigners.

Is it? Probably should count that one out then
----
- Reimu Hakurei
29.05.2014 - 00:16
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Karlabos on 28.05.2014 at 22:15

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.05.2014 at 18:06

Is it? Probably should count that one out then

it is ,though his names are Set or Seth among other.check a wikipedia for more ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.03.2016 - 19:09
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Not black metal but this also seems relevant.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Paul_Chain/8116

Hits total: 2870 | This month: 6