10. Nothing To Repent

Top 20 albums of 2014: 20

Additional info
Mastering: Brett Caldas-Lima.
Mixing: Carlos Alvarez.

Staff review by
R'Vannith
Rating:
Debut efforts rarely come as solidly written as Noble Beast. Within power metal especially, finding the best way to put your band out there with a studio effort is a challenging task. Noble Beast's self-titled is blazing and impressively complete.

Read more ››
published 18.05.2014 | Comments (5)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 205 users
18.05.2014 - 16:23
mz

Love the cover, but I'd not be checking this
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
20.05.2014 - 23:15
Erik M.

Written by mz on 18.05.2014 at 16:23

Love the cover, but I'd not be checking this

What's so great about the cover? Nothing great about it in my opinion. And I most definitely won't be checking this out either.
20.05.2014 - 23:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
People like this?

To each their own I guess.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.05.2014 - 23:25
mz

Written by Erik M. on 20.05.2014 at 23:15

What's so great about the cover? Nothing great about it in my opinion. And I most definitely won't be checking this out either.

It's funny and stupid isn't it?
----
20.05.2014 - 23:27
mz

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.05.2014 at 23:20

Much better than those flashy, colorful dragon induced power metal covers. Well this has these elements too but it works out pretty well.
Compare it to the one for wintersun:P
----
20.05.2014 - 23:41
Erik M.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.05.2014 at 23:20

Totally agreed. Honestly it looks pretty lame and uninspired to me.
20.05.2014 - 23:42
Erik M.

Written by mz on 20.05.2014 at 23:25

It's funny and stupid isn't it?

To me the cover does look like that indeed.
08.06.2014 - 08:16
Rating: 10
mikeprado30

Everyone bashing the album just because the cover, DOES NOT KNOW WHAT A GEM OF ALBUM ARE MISSING!!!

I had YEARS to not hear an PM album so POWERFUL and DIRECT!!! And also vocals so GREAT!!! (Yes, sometimes Rob will sound as a Hansi clone, specially in the high-pitched tones, but his low vocals are VERY distinctive).

I recommend this album to everyone who likes the Power Metal without arrangements, orchestrations, keyboards and all that stuff. We have here just PLAIN AND CLEAR POWER METAL IN THE WAY IT MUST TO BE!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
05.02.2015 - 20:04
Rating: 8
musclassia

The PM category in the MS awards this year is dominated by a lot of established names, and having checked out the linked YT songs for each of them, quite a few give off a very much 'treading water' sound (although Triosphere's album this year was great). Even though this is nothing new, it's nice to hear a new band come along and show some level of inspiration and commitment - this is a rather nice if generic album, and even if I'm not so much into the genre any more, I really liked some of the songs, Peeling Back The Veil in particular.
20.01.2021 - 20:29
Rating: 10
Metal Rasputin

Still one of my favourite PM albums of all time, sucks that it's so overlooked by pretty much everyone. The cover art's just full of crap, I mean for a band called "Noble Beast" don't you think you could have something more suitable, like a griffin, lion or some other mystical beast or something, anything other than some damn photoshopped dinosaur.

Hoo, there's even a guy with Finnish roots (Jalonen), his name is derived from the word "jalo" which means "noble" in Finnish. Every great cheesy PM album needs at least one fellow Finn.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
21.01.2021 - 00:04
JoHn Doe

Looked for the beast but found only cheese. So noble cheese it seems.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 4332 | This month: 20