Metal Storm logo
CD players vs MP3 players

Original post

Posted by Sunioj, 25.01.2007 - 17:29
I personally prefer CD player, because most of my music is on disc and I cant afford any that fancy stuff!

Poll

What do you prefer?

MP3 player
CD player

Total votes: 100
03.12.2008 - 22:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Mp3 of course.. In my case, cellphone lol. It's been years since I don't touch a cd player... it was terrible cause we could only bring 1 cd at the time. With mp3, depending on the space, you can always put at least 5 cds in there.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
04.12.2008 - 16:53
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Dark Blood on 03.12.2008 at 22:50

Mp3 of course.. In my case, cellphone lol. It's been years since I don't touch a cd player... it was terrible cause we could only bring 1 cd at the time. With mp3, depending on the space, you can always put at least 5 cds in there.

Well, cd player was never that much of a problem for me...I could carry round 10 CDs with me inside a CD cake box...
04.12.2008 - 19:01
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Ernis on 04.12.2008 at 16:53

Well, cd player was never that much of a problem for me...I could carry round 10 CDs with me inside a CD cake box...

Right. A few years ago that could be justified, I carried a cd case with 2 cd in it.. but it wasn't practical to carry it around. Nowadays.. why carry an extra cake box when you can just carry the player itself with maybe more than 10 "cd's"? And only you have to do is press some buttons to change cd's
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
04.12.2008 - 19:08
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Dark Blood on 04.12.2008 at 19:01

Written by Ernis on 04.12.2008 at 16:53

Right. A few years ago that could be justified, I carried a cd case with 2 cd in it.. but it wasn't practical to carry it around. Nowadays.. why carry an extra cake box when you can just carry the player itself with maybe more than 10 "cd's"? And only you have to do is press some buttons to change cd's

I bought my first very cheap MP3 player shortly after graduation.....you see, they used to be so expensive....even the one I have now, is relatively cheap considering it's size of 2GB....
Yeh, CD player had several problems and the case did be a nuisance.....
05.12.2008 - 17:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by BloodTears on 26.01.2007 at 23:56

I prefer the old cd player. It mt may not be as practical but I still prefer it. I dont know, its all the routine of putting the cd there and walking with it. its great lol

Oooo The routine. That's exactly why I would always use a cd-player. It's just a tradition, every cd is special for me and it would be like a sin to not use them and just put the music in a mp3-player or an Pod. People say to me that it's just too big and unpleasant. O well, I have big hands and I'm not a lazzy guy... well.. at least not enough to carry one in my hand if it's necessary.

Cd-players all the way.

Written by Lucas on 25.06.2007 at 23:07

Only recently I bought a new discman. Yeh, I bought one of those ancient big round things.

Why?

Because they play cd's, and not mp3's.

Ja, that's funny because my cd-player can play music in mp3 format and it has also radio. But I don't use either of both options.
My cd-player has been loyal to me for more than 4 years [it's the only cd-player I've own]. I got it for christmas and it's a really good one. It's surprising the resistance that it has when if it falls.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.12.2008 - 18:23
Ernis
狼獾
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.12.2008 at 17:42

Ja, that's funny because my cd-player can play music in mp3 format and it has also radio. But I don't use either of both options.
My cd-player has been loyal to me for more than 4 years [it's the only cd-player I've own]. I got it for christmas and it's a really good one. It's surprising the resistance that it has when if it falls.

There may be several dangers.....when my old CD player became older, it slowly destroyed lots of my CDs...later I discovered the reason were the screws inside the player that had started to become loose (they were firmly closed, but you know....it takes one micrometre too much and with days, weeks, months, they created small scratches on the CDs...scratches which grew larger and deeper and soon it was too late....I tried turning the screws in more tightly but this didn't help.....
05.12.2008 - 18:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Ernis on 05.12.2008 at 18:23

There may be several dangers.....when my old CD player became older, it slowly destroyed lots of my CDs...later I discovered the reason were the screws inside the player that had started to become loose (they were firmly closed, but you know....it takes one micrometre too much and with days, weeks, months, they created small scratches on the CDs...scratches which grew larger and deeper and soon it was too late....I tried turning the screws in more tightly but this didn't help.....

I'm actually really careful with my cds and discman. I think I can count the times that my discman fell with just one of my hands jejeje.
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.12.2008 - 19:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
My discman fell a lot of times actually! But they usually last at least 2 years with me. The saddest thing is that you almost can't find cd players anymore here. You have ONLY mp3s every store you go too. I had to fight to get a cd player and that's unfortunate.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.12.2008 - 23:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by BloodTears on 05.12.2008 at 19:37

My discman fell a lot of times actually! But they usually last at least 2 years with me. The saddest thing is that you almost can't find cd players anymore here. You have ONLY mp3s every store you go too. I had to fight to get a cd player and that's unfortunate.

As far as I remember you wrote that before. I was quite scared when you said that... But the I went to the shop and found that on the electronic section the had a lot of discmans... Cheap stuff but still looking good enough.

At least mine is inmortal :p
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.12.2008 - 11:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.12.2008 at 23:56

Written by BloodTears on 05.12.2008 at 19:37

As far as I remember you wrote that before. I was quite scared when you said that... But the I went to the shop and found that on the electronic section the had a lot of discmans... Cheap stuff but still looking good enough.

At least mine is inmortal :p

Yes, I think I mentioned it before but I wanted to say it again because it really is shocking if you think about, they are killing the cd player lol
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.04.2009 - 10:50
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
I voted ''CD player'' because of a few reasons.

Firstly, because I'm used to a CD player, and I'm as thick as a fog when it comes to MP3s, to tell the truth.

Secondly, because I'm attached to my CD players, we've been inseparable for so long, I can't imagine how I could live without them and just change them for an MP3. I have listened to music through a CD player for a long time now and I don't want that to change.

And the third reason is, least, but not last, that I don't even if I wanted to, have money for an MP3.

So yeah, that's why I stick with CD player. It's a classic to me, not to be replaced.
14.04.2009 - 13:32
Destryphior
I went mp3, about a year ago I bought an iPod Nano, the 8Gb space gives me over 1000 songs at the size of a box of matches. If I compare it to the CD-player I used to have, then there's no wondering why I don't want to go back. I can get my whole album collection in one package. My latest addition is connecting my laptop to my stereo so I play mostly mp3s on it too, with the right software it is quite easy to make mp3s from CDs...
14.04.2009 - 15:38
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Sansa Fuze with FLAC files and a Graham Slee phone-amp. Better sound quality than any portable CD player out there.
14.04.2009 - 15:55
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by jupitreas on 14.04.2009 at 15:38

Sansa Fuze with FLAC files and a Graham Slee phone-amp. Better sound quality than any portable CD player out there.

FLAC portable player? Now that's great.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.04.2009 - 00:43
sq_xeper
I voted for CD players 'cause I use it every day but that doesn't mean I dont like mp3 players in fact I would like to buy one 'cause whenever I download new music, and I'm not sure to inmediately burn the album, I'd like to have one to listen to it first and then when Im totaly sure I'll burn it. In fact, I have a lot of CD compilations and in every CD I draw the logo of the band and the name of the album. The only bad thing its carrying the CD player 'cause its bigger than a Mp3 player. Eventually I'd like to buy an iPod someday
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
17.04.2009 - 03:15
TormentoR.
MP3 player

why?

1 who wants to drag a cd player with himself today? mp3 are tiny and cool
2 my music is on pc, all mp3.. but even if they were on CD, you can convert it
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
17.04.2009 - 04:02
ASiema113
Keep it old-school, first money I had went out & bought a sony CD-player. I like the fact that you get artwork along with the songs, as well as lyrics & sometimes a little extra(Ex. Bonus songs,vids, etc). Although I wouldn't mind having both .
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
17.04.2009 - 18:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
My beautiful discman. And also the only I've ever had. It has been loyal to me for more than four years and works fine like if it was new.

I jsut don't like Mp3's... Don't know why.
It just that... Nothing beats the moment when you put the cd and the thing starts spinning.
----
Rod, let me love you.