Metal Storm logo
Your Best Live Experiences

Original post

Posted by Warman, 26.01.2007 - 11:34
There is often something during a live show which just blew your mind. It can be a song you didn't expect the band to play, it can be a song you expected but the band played it way better than you thought they would, awesome solos between the songs, a band member doing something on stage just hillarious... Share these moments with us!
05.05.2013 - 09:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think this is the place to post this. I don't know if it's true or just fabrication, but they say that at the first Sepultura show in Romania (back in the 90s when people were very frustrated and life was tough in Romania) they mistook the people moshing for straight up fighting, so the gendarme guys entered the concert area throwing teargas and a fight broke out between the fans and the gendarmes, stadium-hooligan style. Most epic moshpit ever, though I would not be part of it

That should have been pretty epic to watch, especially if the band would just keep on playing through all the violence. I know I would.
07.05.2013 - 14:23
Jtbmetal123

When I saw Cannibal Corpse they played some really old songs that I didnt expect them to play. It was badass! Plus, Corpsegringer drank alot of cocacola. He was badass! I love when people throw stuff at him and he threatens to kill them. He kills!
10.05.2013 - 01:49
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Rammstein in Oslo, February 2012. It was FRIGGIN' INTENSE!
24.05.2013 - 13:05
noralewis

What impressed you most in the first year of Diablo 3
What's your special experience when gaming Diablo 3? When you got leveled up to the 60? When you gained your first million of Diablo 3 gold? Or when you had the first loot of legendary weapons? I'm sure you must have much beautiful memories about it, maybe that's the beauty why we are so into a game. Try to go check http://www.selldiablo3.com
26.05.2013 - 10:07
mbcameron

I know Black Dahlia Murder can cause some dissent amongst the metalheads but I saw them and Exhumed last May and it was really memorable. It was a tiny venue and I was right up against the stage. The guitarist of Exhumed touched his guitar head to my forehead and gave me a shirt after the show (which I ended up losing an still cry over.) Then during Black Dahlia Trevor got right up in my face and literally grabbed the back of my head and was screaming in my face. He did it with lotsa people at that show but still. Lots of people were stage diving but I passed on that.

Then Lamb of God last December was pretty awesome. Mainly because I caught Willie Adler's pick and Vinnie Paul's drumstick, I don't care if you like Hellyeah or not VP is still a legend. Other than that it was just a great show but nothing quite as notable as BDM
16.07.2013 - 17:02
Góral
Combo Breaker
Riverside in Bydgoszcz, New Generation Polish Tour 2013. "Escalator Shrine" song (outro). The lights go out, the band leaves the stage. "La la la la..."
16.07.2013 - 17:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think I'd probably have to peg Napalm Death as my favourite live band, though Sunn O))) could top that if I see them again if they're as good. Very different experiences though, Napalm Death are just pure unadulterated energy and Sunn O))) are purely trance-like. It was nice that Napalm played a track off every one of their albums when I saw them last too.
21.07.2013 - 23:58
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Łąki Łan gig during student's holidays 2012 in Bydgoszcz. I got such a kick in the liver that all my sphincters let go...

An unforgettable evening.
25.07.2013 - 19:04
Infernal Eternal

Sonisphere festival in Athens. I believ it was 2008. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax...
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
25.07.2013 - 21:30
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
My best live experience was probably seeing Opeth and Katatonia last May. I took my friend Justin (big fan of Opeth) with me (primarily went for Katatonia myself, but wanted to see Opeth for the first time too) to see them and I remember us getting caught in the middle of a huge mosh pit which just exploded like a tidal wave during the initial bang of "Ghost of Perdition", so we weren't able to find each other till after the show. He told me he had the best weekend of his life because of this show. We had an awesome time and I even got to meet Katatonia a few days later at a record store signing. I would definitely want to relive this one.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
26.07.2013 - 05:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Saw a grind band called Greber a few months ago, and while trying to navigate to the back of the room, someone haymakered me right in the jaw. It knocked me on my ass, and damn near unconscious. Thank god I didn't get my fourth concussion.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.07.2013 - 06:38
DyingWorld

Last summer, I saw Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper opening up. Between the oppressive southern heat, the reefer and all that Mexican beer, I didn't know whether to shit or go blind. It was just that much more intense. I still couldn't even believe that a show like this was happening in my neck of the woods. At times, it almost felt like a dream considering the line up. Also, I live in Georgia and we rarely get anything of this magnitude. I hadn't been to a big outdoor show in a long time up until then. I had a good view too. Just outside the pavilion but way in front of the lawn. I saw Alice only a few months earlier and he did a mini-version of the show I saw. Of course, he brought out the snake and all that good stuff. Maiden played half of the Seventh Son album, which is my favorite. Plus, "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" which I wasn't expecting. I'm one of the few people in the world that love Fear of the Dark just as much as Powerslave so that was a real treat. Needless to say, I'll never forget that show.
20.11.2017 - 16:02
Zombie94

Black Sabbath at Belfast Oddysey Arena 2013.

A very poignant gig because it was clear this would be one of the last opportunities to see them playing together. Aside from that, the gig itself was absolutely brilliant. They played a great setlist with all the classics. The sound was the best I'd ever heard at a concert and Ozzy's voice sounded really good. There was also a really cool drum solo right before they played Bassically (no Bill Ward, but the guy they brought in had some serious chops).