Metal Storm logo
Your Best Live Experiences

26.01.2007 - 11:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
There is often something during a live show which just blew your mind. It can be a song you didn't expect the band to play, it can be a song you expected but the band played it way better than you thought they would, awesome solos between the songs, a band member doing something on stage just hillarious... Share these moments with us!
----
26.01.2007 - 12:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well, definetly King Diamond show in June last year Belgrade/Serbia, I was expecting great show but I never even dream it will bethat good, on the beggining of the show all lights turned off, they put big cemetary gates on podium and for man with black cloacks entered with babby coffin, Abigail's coffin, King appeared and Funeral started, we all started to follow his narating and it wa really creepy but adrenalin kick my brain, after Arrival, Mansion in Darkness, Black Horsmen... I was like WOOOOOW. He act all the time, and his girl was realy conviencing, the best part when she entered like pergmant women and he pull the babby doll out her dress and started to kick it, KING is biggest showman I ever saw
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\King Diamond\King Diamond - Live In Serbia\King Diamond - SER 5.jpg[/img]
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\King Diamond\King Diamond - Live In Serbia\King Diamond - SER 6.jpg[/img]
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\King Diamond\King Diamond - Live In Serbia\King Diamond - SER 3.jpg[/img]
Some of mine friend and mine pics from this great gig
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.01.2007 - 15:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have some great live experiences (didn't want to write them in the topic post along with my question).

When I caught Fredrik Akessons guitar pick during an Arch Enemy show.

First time I saw Children of Bodom live. These guys means so much to me, and the highlight of the show was the slow part they played during the song Hate Crew Deathroll, I'd never liked this song really but after that concert it suddenly became one of my favourites.

Sepultura playing Dark Wood of Error! My absolute favourite drum song, it was the first time I really heard Sepultura and I was like seeing Roy Mayorga play the shit out of himself during that song!!! And after that Derrick Green came in with an intense heavy ROOOOAAAAAARRR!!!

Seeing Deathstars live was a great experience, thought they sucked but blew my mind!
----
26.01.2007 - 16:59
Arrwyn
The best live experience I have ever experienced was when I went to go see Leaves' Eyes. I wasn't expecting the band to be so friendly and nice. While playing, Liv hit her long note in 'Norweigion Lovesong" for my boyfriend and I which was amazing. After the show, they held very long coversations with us and afterwards even waited for us outside the tour bus since Blind Guardian didn't allow cameras for the show (I hate them...). But anyways, it was a night worth remembering for the rest of my life.
27.01.2007 - 05:24
Bitch Boy
I think that the Live n Louder of 2005 was one of the best especially because of Nightwish and Therion, two of my top favorite bands.
27.01.2007 - 06:16
?Bodomchild?
Well my biggest live experience was 2 years ago in the MetalWay Fest in the 2nd day cuz that day Children of Bodom,Kreator and Sodom and was insane cuz they are 3 of my favs

A other nice live experience was last oyear on a Angra and for that show i didn't expected Carolina IV and they played on that show and was hillarius !
----
asd
28.01.2007 - 00:49
Daru Jericho
Written by APOHAKC on 26.01.2007 at 12:16

Well, definetly King Diamond show in June last year Belgrade/Serbia, I was expecting great show but I never even dream it will bethat good, on the beggining of the show all lights turned off, they put big cemetary gates on podium and for man with black cloacks entered with babby coffin, Abigail's coffin, King appeared and Funeral started, we all started to follow his narating and it wa really creepy but adrenalin kick my brain, after Arrival, Mansion in Darkness, Black Horsmen... I was like WOOOOOW. He act all the time, and his girl was realy conviencing, the best part when she entered like pergmant women and he pull the babby doll out her dress and started to kick it, KING is biggest showman I ever saw
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\King Diamond\King Diamond - Live In Serbia\King Diamond - SER 5.jpg[/img]
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\King Diamond\King Diamond - Live In Serbia\King Diamond - SER 6.jpg[/img]
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\King Diamond\King Diamond - Live In Serbia\King Diamond - SER 3.jpg[/img]

I was on the same tour (London) and I'll agree with you there. That was an all out show. Certainly one of the best concerts I've seen live to this day (and I've seen a lot of gigs).

I can't think of other stand out moments of gigs atm (too many to list, I guess) but when I do I'll post some. Reading other posts might jog my memory.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

28.01.2007 - 01:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Daru Jericho on 28.01.2007 at 00:49

I was on the same tour (London) and I'll agree with you there. That was an all out show. Certainly one of the best concerts I've seen live to this day (and I've seen a lot of gigs).

I can't think of other stand out moments of gigs atm (too many to list, I guess) but when I do I'll post some. Reading other posts might jog my memory.

Yeah, King Diamond rule, if you have some pics from that concert, can you post it?
----
28.01.2007 - 01:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm usually shitfaced drunk at shows, but here's what I can remember-

Lamb of God's wall of death 4 years ago. I thought I was going to die.

Lamb of God's biggest circle pit I've ever seen with their tour with Slayer. It felt like I was running laps around a high school track. Fuckin' brutal pit too.

During the Nile/Hypocrisy tour last year, Decapitated surprised me by appearing. They were scheduled for the show, but I didn't know it. They ended up having the best set of the night, and they only played for 20 minutes.

At the Transiberian Orchestra concert, they ended with a badass fire show, with a fucking huge flame that arose off a moving platform. Seeing the lights and the fire on the stage was also pretty cool.

When the Black Dahlia Murder played, they started by throwing some beach balls into the crowd and had the Hawaii 5-0 theme song playing. They were dressed in clothes that you would wear to the beach as well.

I can't remember what band was playing, but one of the members wasn't really doing much because he was the sample dude, so I guess he was bored and wanted to get the crowd more into their music. He proceeded to jump off the stage and sprint right at a bum that snucked in and knocked him flat on his ass. I then turned my head to the left and I saw some dude in a wheelchair swinging his arms around and going crazy at people. I guess it was one of those things you would have to see to appreciate, but I was on the floor laughing so hard.

And my favorite concert memory is meeting up with Terrance and Derek from Suffocation after the show and smoking with them.
28.01.2007 - 01:43
okt31
Account deleted
Despite the fact that I am a relative newcomer when it comes about concert experiences I already have some excpetional memories..
King Diamond in Bucharest in May 2006 was mindblowing
Obituary also kicked large ass in June
WASP in October 2006
Moby Dick - I've seen them 4 times in 2006 and they were very good to exceptional
Helloween I cannot say the disappointed me, but it could've and IMO should've been better.. Just a little bit.. (they didn't plat anything from Master of teh Rings, and only 2 tracks from Time of the Oath... and they ded too much show and too few songs, in a way.. they're still my favourite band anyway...)

These were the highlights and most important ones.. I was really pissed off that the Evergrey show in Bucharest was cancelled, especially as I travelled there around 500 km to see them. And add the feeling when you realise that you've lost a day in vain... Whatever

Later edit: I'm glad King Diamond kicked so much ass in Belgrade and London, too, as he did wuite possibly on the whole tour every night.. Kim Bendix Petersen rules!!
28.01.2007 - 02:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 28.01.2007 at 01:43

Despite the fact that I am a relative newcomer when it comes about concert experiences I already have some excpetional memories..
WASP in October 2006
Moby Dick - I've seen them 4 times in 2006 and they were very good to exceptional
Helloween I cannot say the disappointed me, but it could've and IMO should've been better.. Just a little bit.. (they didn't plat anything from Master of teh Rings, and only 2 tracks from Time of the Oath... and they ded too much show and too few songs, in a way.. they're still my favourite band anyway...)

These were the highlights and most important ones.. I was really pissed off that the Evergrey show in Bucharest was cancelled, especially as I travelled there around 500 km to see them. And add the feeling when you realise that you've lost a day in vain... Whatever

Later edit: I'm glad King Diamond kicked so much ass in Belgrade and London, too, as he did wuite possibly on the whole tour every night.. Kim Bendix Petersen rules!!

Yeah, King Diamond kick ass everywhere he can. That whole tour was fantastic, what do you think about Thunderbolt?
----
28.01.2007 - 03:04
Daru Jericho
Written by APOHAKC on 28.01.2007 at 01:02

Written by Daru Jericho on 28.01.2007 at 00:49

Yeah, King Diamond rule, if you have some pics from that concert, can you post it?

Sadly, that was the last gig I went to before I got my disposable camera and being the lazy bum that I am I STILL haven't developed the pics. I know, I suck.
----

28.01.2007 - 03:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Daru Jericho on 28.01.2007 at 03:04

Written by APOHAKC on 28.01.2007 at 01:02

Sadly, that was the last gig I went to before I got my disposable camera and being the lazy bum that I am I STILL haven't developed the pics. I know, I suck.

You don't suck, I don't even have a camera, this pics were took by my friends camera, when I am alone I take pics with my phone, it suck
----
28.01.2007 - 04:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
This was good concert, I make this pics with my old camera: 1349 and Gorgoroth
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\Gorgoroth\Live In Serbia 15.02.2005\Photo_008.jpg[/img]
[img]E:\Slike\Metal Bendovi\Gorgoroth\Live In Serbia 15.02.2005\Photo_015.jpg[/img]
Froat rules!
----
28.01.2007 - 18:23
okt31
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 28.01.2007 at 02:28

Written by Guest on 28.01.2007 at 01:43

WASP in October 2006

Yeah, King Diamond kick ass everywhere he can. That whole tour was fantastic, what do you think about Thunderbolt?

I like them a lot, of course I knew before. They played 4-5 songs or so.. I liked Griffin, too. Their vocalist wasn't in top form but they sounded great IMO, I loved the Hell Bent for Leather cover. That rocked like hell!!
29.01.2007 - 16:53
Hyvaarin
Seeing Steve Vai play 'Whispering A Prayer' was truly magical. Such emotion and speed and whoah and omg. Best guitarist ever, seriously.

The Satyriconcert a while back was awesome, too - the chorus of 'Now, Diabolical' was ELECTRIC, and 'Mother North' was possibly the most powerful live song I've ever heard. Pure fucking power and unity.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
31.01.2007 - 16:03
Sunioj
Haha, the best experience at a live concert was when one of my drunk friends got up on stage and started dancing like a wigger! And also seeing wannabees stage dive and falling down because no one wants to hold them up I love Israeli metalheads.
31.01.2007 - 16:06
Destryphior
Well, I still remember the dark March night back in 2005 when Finntroll was playing at the local stage. After a couple of beers, well alot of them really we went to see the show. All the Folky the intense feeling it was great. People dancing folkydances and singing along... Wooh, it was the best show ever!
01.02.2007 - 03:24
Empress
I had many killer experiences at concerts and 3 day festivals with tons of memories and massive amounts of signed cd but one of the strangest events was when my husband and I traveled to Detroit for a show. We saw several bands that night and one was Destiny's End with James Rivera singing. My huband and James had a lengthy conversation and we ended up at a hotel with the band drinking all night. The next thing I know James is in our car and heading back with to stay at our house that morning. We lived 3 hours away so it was a long drive home. James stayed at our house for 3 days, signed every piece of music we had with him on vocals. We showed him the area night spots, spent a day on Lake Michigan and just bummed around. Cool memories of James singing in the shower and our living room. I have run into him several times since then at concerts and he always gives me a hug...Great guy!
04.02.2007 - 08:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
well sebastien bach (ex skid row singer) made fun of my friend from on stage when he was opening for gnr, so me and him got on the megatron screen.

But last night i was at a really big local show and when this folk metal band played the mortal combat theme song the mosh got so fucking insane that my motorhead cut off shirt turned to shreds. no joke, its unwearable at this point.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.02.2007 - 12:15
Judas
The Amputator
Well, I've had some awesome moments, but the one defining point of my concert-going so far has been seeing Blind Guardian live in Trencin, Slovakia. Hearing Hansi rip into 'Nightfall', absolutely unleashing "the words of a banished king: I SWEAR REVENGE!" and then hearing the whole crowd sing every word of 'The Bard's Song - In the Forest'... My life was made after that show, it was incredible.

Other amazing moments were listening to Wintersun play 'Death and the Healing' at Wacken with the whole crowd singing along, Gamma Ray playing 'Rebellion in Dreamland' and 'I Want Out' (also at Wacken) in front of 40,000 people, Emperor closing their set at the festival with 'Inno A Satana', and Iron Maiden playing 'The Evil that Men Do' in Cardiff with Eddie having a duel with Steve Harris on stage...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.02.2007 - 17:41
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Nightwish at Hartwall Arena (last gig with Tarja). We were in the last row near the ceiling of the hall, but the atmosphere was awesome even though we didn't even see the stage very well. Every single person in the audience was enjoying the gig and this time there were no jerks complaining about not seeing from behind us as we were standing. The greatest point for me was when Marco sang "High Hopes", although half of the audience left for a beer when the song began.

Teräsbetoni in Ankkarock. Not many here know this Finnish band, but their gig after they had just released their first album, was great. We were probably the only women in the audience with my sister and I've never seen that many shirtless men at the same time. The songs sounded awesome and I sat on one guy's shoulders during a whole song. The view from up there was great.

These by now, but I hope next summer's gigs will beat these.
----
You'll never walk alone.
11.02.2007 - 01:54
Stigmatized
Let's see....

One was meeting Joe Payne of Nile/Lust of Decay/Domination Through Impurity and Mike Kimball from Dying Fetus. Both cool guys. Then having Dying Fetus rip it up was excellent as well.

I also enjoyed the most pit at the Blind Guardian show. Pretty intense.
11.02.2007 - 02:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My First Concert; Children of Bodom, alexi Pointed me out in the Croud and just kind of stood there, it was Uncomfertable, but an honor none-the-less.

But I'm about to have a better live experience than any other I've ever had before, because Shadows Fall is coming to Town May First Bitch!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.02.2007 - 04:51
Daru Jericho
Written by Stigmatized on 11.02.2007 at 01:54

WTF?! A mosh pit at a Blind Guardian show? Crazy XD

Another good 'experience' was when I saw Susperia and they played their cover of 'Wildchild' by W.A.S.P. I completely wasn't expecting it but it was an excellent way to close the show.
----

11.02.2007 - 05:11
Stigmatized
Written by Daru Jericho on 11.02.2007 at 04:51

Hehe, yeah. The only pit I've ever been in where I did most of the hurting.
11.02.2007 - 21:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stigmatized on 11.02.2007 at 05:11

Written by Daru Jericho on 11.02.2007 at 04:51

Hehe, yeah. The only pit I've ever been in where I did most of the hurting.

sounds like those were really hardcore guys *roll eyes*
a great experience of mine was when at a local rock concert they played "master of puppets" while the instruments were being assembled for the next band, and all of a sudden some dudes started moshing(with no band on stage) now that was fucked up
11.02.2007 - 22:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
To see and hear Slayer perform one of the greatest songs of all time was both intense, crazy and even touching for me. I'm of course talking of Angel of Death! Never have I headbanged so much as I did during those minutes, my neck was like flour afterwards, lucky for me that that was the last song of the evening!
----
11.02.2007 - 22:02
Ernis
狼獾
I really loved Beseech's performance summer 2006.....this was especially dear to me as Beseech has now disbanded.....otherwise.....I remember that the feeling after the concert of Rotting Christ was priceless as well....this was two years ago or something.....it seems so far away now.....
11.02.2007 - 22:27
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
hmmm... let me see...
a drum jam on stage with max cavalera on concert in croatia,
seeing iron maiden for first time
seeing motorhead on wacken
oh yes,meeting the whole sepultura in backstage....