Metal Storm logo
Your Best Live Experiences

Original post

Posted by Warman, 26.01.2007 - 11:34
There is often something during a live show which just blew your mind. It can be a song you didn't expect the band to play, it can be a song you expected but the band played it way better than you thought they would, awesome solos between the songs, a band member doing something on stage just hillarious... Share these moments with us!
13.02.2007 - 18:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 28.01.2007 at 01:16

Lamb of God's wall of death 4 years ago. I thought I was going to die.

you mean a wall of death made out of amps?
13.02.2007 - 23:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Valentin B on 13.02.2007 at 18:50

Written by Dangerboner on 28.01.2007 at 01:16

Lamb of God's wall of death 4 years ago. I thought I was going to die.

you mean a wall of death made out of amps?

huh? no man, a wall of people. The lead singer splits the crowd into 2 sides facing each other during the intro of their song, Black Label. When Randy counts to 3, everyone runs forward so that the 2 groups of people collide. People get really fucked up in those, and they aren't allowed to do them anymore.
14.02.2007 - 00:03
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 13.02.2007 at 23:54

huh? no man, a wall of people. The lead singer splits the crowd into 2 sides facing each other during the intro of their song, Black Label. When Randy counts to 3, everyone runs forward so that the 2 groups of people collide. People get really fucked up in those, and they aren't allowed to do them anymore.

I had the opportunity to watch Caliban split the sea of people open at wacken 2006. It was insane to see such a huge crowd rush together and temporarily watch such a huge amount of people mosh simoultaniously. Sadly I wasnt in the phenomena myself since I was eating at the time. But damn that was brutal :O
14.02.2007 - 00:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah man, when done right, those things are scary as hell. I was a lot smaller 4 years ago, but I still participated. I originally was in the middle, but some dude with dreadlocks pulled me to the very front row with him. I've really never been so scared in my life as I was that night. People were simply out for blood during LoG's entire set.

I was also in a Cephalic Carnage wall of death, but it didn't really work out. They altered it a bit by making it a 4-way wall of death, but since the crowd wasn't that big, it wasn't as scary. I got the wind knocked out of me pretty good though.
14.02.2007 - 04:02
In Flames at Sounds of the Underground, and Iron Maiden at Ozzfest 2006, I hate Maiden with the utmost passion but it was a damn good show.
14.02.2007 - 04:04
Mud
Account deleted
Watching Between The Buried And Me play Lost Perfection at Radio Rebellion was amazing. I love all their recordings and live they did not disappoint in the least.
14.02.2007 - 13:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@pyroleprechaun: dude, now that was brutal.. if i were you i'd have kicked that guy with dreadlocks in the balls and run to the other side quickly and get lost in all the moshing madness
14.02.2007 - 13:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Well, maybe not the best live experience I had, but certainly the weirdest.
Dynamo Open Air 1987 when it was pissing down with rain and the line-up was Testament, Atomkraft. Destruction, Mad Max, Venegeance, and Stryper.
Stryper were of course totally out of place with their Christain glam metal but what Stryper did at the time was throw bibles into the crowd.
One of those bibles hit me on the head really hard.
Best band that day was of course Testament because this was before they turned shitty. A part of this concert was released by them on their Live at Eindhoven e.p.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.02.2007 - 14:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 14.02.2007 at 14:19

@Marcel - Were you there the year Nailbomb played at Dynamo...? Think it was '96 or '97 but I am fairly sure I am wrong but that would've been a damn good live experience eh.

Yes, I was there and it was awesome. That was in 1995.
And this was the line up (in alphabetical order):

Biohazard
Brotherhood Foundation
Crash Worship
Dog Eat Dog
Downset
Dubwar
Eleven Pictures
Fear Factory
Grip Inc.
Hate Squad
Life Of Agony
Machine Head
Madball
Mary Beats Jane
Mental Hippie Blood
Motorpsycho
My Dying Bride
Nailbomb
Nevermore
Overdose
Paradise Lost
Rape
Schweisser
Shihad
Skyclad
Sun
Tiamat
Trouble
Type O Negative
Warrior Soul
Waving Corn
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.02.2007 - 15:42
Hyvaarin
Best live experience will occur this Friday and Saturday when I see Blind Guardian. Fuck I'm so excited!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
21.02.2007 - 15:08
I aM YoUr SiN
Uriah Heep & Nazareth - 24 of May 2006
Not many groups come to Bulgaria... lats years, yes, but before this - no. And aslo my parents dont allow me to travel much, so i dont have the opportunity to go to many concerts... but in the same time in my city dont come much groups, so i havent been to many concerts... but this was really cool. It was combigned and both of these groups made really cool show
----
My Lord, let me come to you, let me become what my child thinks I am
In you is the beauty of the world, of which death made me an artist
My Lord, let me come to you, let me become what my child thinks I am...
05.03.2007 - 00:33
Kowalsky
Account deleted
Jag Panzer, 2006

Very few people, about 40, and very little club, it was quite full!
Very great band.
05.03.2007 - 01:42
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
So far System of a Down - 2005
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
05.03.2007 - 14:02
ghost
i saw around 40 concerts and one festival : graspop 2005 and this one remain like my best live experience. i met some cool guys and girls(wratchild, jeff, collin...) : great memories and a fucking great setlist !!!
----
metal always live in us and deedee always in my heart :dwink:
05.03.2007 - 21:31
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Black Sabbath with Ozzy @ Roskilde 2005 and Iron Maiden in Aalborg 2006 and @ Roskilde 2000/01
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.03.2007 - 21:10
heresiarch
Forever Dead
My best lives are between 2 bands in 2 decades Iron Maiden and Metallica I've seen them both over 15 times on stage and exceed themselves on everytime but if I have to name 1 performance for each of them.
Iron Maiden - 1988 Seventh son tour
Metallica - 1993 Nowhere else to roam tour
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
06.03.2007 - 22:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Mine was when me and the bassist of my band were front n center at Guns N Roses, during Sebastian Bachs set between songs he saw my friend (who has long hair, was wearing make-up etc...) and said "Are you a chick or a dude!?" my friends like "Im A DUDE!" Sebastian Bach "You look like sandra bullock with a cock for christ sakes!, lets get some cameras on this guy!" (at which point we got on the megatron screen in the biggest sold out venue in town) then he went on to say "but sometimes looking like a chick can work out if your in a band, hell youd better be opening for me on this stage someday!"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.03.2007 - 06:04
Sonic MrSumo
I think the greatest concert I've been to would be Tool at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in 2002. This was the Lateralus tour, and they played pretty much the entire album from start to finish. The sound was flawless, the visuals were amazing and they also had two performers doing varoius things on and above the stage.

Also up there is:

Fear Factory @ the Coogee Bay Hotel in 1998/99
The Flamming Lips @ the Big Day Out in 2002
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
08.03.2007 - 14:32
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Well I think that all my concert experiences have been good, but I've always attended extreme metal shows. Seeing Blind Guardian the other month was probably my first "real" Power Metal show, and it's a whole different ball game. The whole atmosphere there, and everyone getting into the music was quite mind-blowing! The venue was indeed a good one too, so it was a great night

But like I said, every extreme metal show I've been to have been very good as well. It's just a different type of experience though.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
08.03.2007 - 15:05
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Local metal concerts here aren't quite good, because of the extremely BAD sound system here..
a few months back I had attended a concert called 'battle of the bands' and it was actually a band competition, many new metal bands (from this place) had participated. The performance of the bands was quite good. I had gone there with 15-20 other boys, from my college. To tell about what we behaved there..... its lucky the police didn't take any action against us.. We almost demolished the railings,(we shaked it with our hands and even kicked at it) and we shouted all offensive words at the bands we didn't like, we got everyone's attention, people seem to avoid coming near us because we(specially others) were behaving like mad people... whole day we enjoyed that way. when I recall that day, I feel that we were lucky that police did not intervene and control us...
----
that which shines without names and forms...
08.03.2007 - 15:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
I got a guitar pick from Amon Amarth's Johan Hegg after their last concert here... he came out to the stage and picked up some guitar picks. I screamed "Johan!!!" and reached out my hand, he shook it and gave me a guitar pick! The second time I got a guitar pick at a concert!
----
08.03.2007 - 16:05
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Ugh, I've had no fucking luck at all with that sort of thing! I missed pretty closely getting picks at Kreator and Suffocation, but I was soo close to getting a drum stick at Blind Guardian! It flew a couple of people in front of me and everyone swarmed to get it. After the struggle, I'm not sure where it went, lol.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
14.03.2007 - 23:54
necrovamp
meeting thew singer of evergrey at Bloodstock open air. when he cam out from backstage and got pissed in the beer tent! anopyingly im also missing an awsome live experience, Ensiferum and Grand magus in a tiny club in yorkshire, typiclly im re enacting in derbyshire when they are playing, i am so jelous of everyone going!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
11.07.2007 - 01:24
Cassandra
Account deleted
maybe that time i saw impaled/aborted/leng tche in brooklyn, and some 13 year old kid's hippie mom was dancing and she ended up picking a fight with a 250 pound mosher and got thrown out... didnt have much to do with the music, (which was one of the best shows ive been to anyways)
11.07.2007 - 01:41
Ernis
狼獾
Not that I'm blessed with an awful lot of concert experiences....well...concerts which really mean much to me...which make me so glad that I've seen them...these are Beseech and Leaves' Eyes....I like these bands so much...and seeing them was something that made life so much more positive...at least for these moments....
11.07.2007 - 01:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
well I've seen quite a few bands now, especially after Hellfest and Wacken in a few weeks as well..
but the best individual experiences happen inside at more intimate shows..

-meeting and interviewing for over an hour members from Amom Amarth, Finntroll and Masterplan before live shows will of course be fond memories but actually during the shows or at the end of shows

-probably the best thing that has ever happened to me was when I saw Helloween!
at the end of the show Andi Deris leant over and passed me a Helloween plectrum - hahaha, I was SO HAPPY!!!! I obviously got his attention taking glowing, orange pumpkin torches. hahahahaha

-also Biff leaning over and passing me the setlist from the Saxon show I saw in Nottingham was really cool.

-also Volker, the bass player of Axel Rudi Pell threw me his plectrum from the stage and I amazingly caught it.. I had a lot of eye contact with him, it was weird.. very cool though - can't wait for them to come back to the country..

-also another little thing that was really cool.. when I saw Celtic Frost, I met Tom Warrior before the show and had a few words with him.. he liked the shirt I was wearing so when he was on the stage, he saw me and my friend at the front and pointed at us, obviously recognising us.. it was just really cool
obviously seeing all of my favourite bands are best live experiences as well..
11.07.2007 - 02:20
Bitch Boy
I think that my best concert was the Live n Louder of 2005, featuring Nightwish and Therion as headliners. Fucking amazing
11.07.2007 - 17:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
After King Diamon that I already wrote, I must add Grave Digger, I saw them on their last tour with Therion, it is amazing band alive, all those classics singing by 2000 maniacs, and uncle Reaper Chris screaming like in his best days, while Manny and Jens rage with their instruments. I remember when they played Highland Tears, I was stunned
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.07.2007 - 19:04
Black Winter
my best live experience, well it was last year, it was an Epica concert, i was amazed by the true voice of Simone and by the quality of the playing, one thing that made me upset, my friend got to meet most of the members while i didn't !!
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
15.07.2007 - 01:02
Remus
My best live experience was 'bout two years ago when i witnessed Metallica live ! It was perfect:

- we had golden circle tickets and we were right up front, about 4 maybe 5 meters away from Kirk.
- we were surrounded by girls so we did not get injured in da mosh pit
- the set-list was amazing; 80% pre "Black Album" songs (opened with "Creeping Death")
- this chick with an amazing set of boo-boo's flashed and it was on the big screens

wow, it was THAT good!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!