Metal Storm logo
Acheron - Drummer Kyle Severn Quits

Acheron has released a statement regarding the departure of their drummer Kyle Severn. The long-time drummer leaves due to "ongoing internal problems" and says that "it's personal. I don't feel the need to go running my mouth about it. It has nothing to do with the music. It's nobody's business besides Vince and I." Now Vincent Crowley responded to those statements and confirms that he and Kyle Severn can't work together anymore. Despite Kyle's departure, Vincent and Art Taylor are already working on new music.

Mastermind Vincent Crowley issued this statement: "Well, Kyle has released some statements that pretty much sums everything up. I'm just giving everyone my side of the story that is pretty much the same as his. First off, this whole thing was a long time coming. As I mentioned before sometime people just can't work together. There is no crazy drama that made this happen nor do I have any ill feelings towards the guy. We just see things differently and that will never change. So why prolong the inevitable? Even though he did resign it was very much a mutual thing. So if you are looking for some drama... Sorry, none here!

"Kyle played with Acheron for 14 years. We recorded some kick ass albums and did some killer shows. He is indeed a part of the Acheron alumni and his work is very much appreciated. But we will not be playing music together ever again. The best of luck to him with Incantation and all his other bands. On that note, guitarist Art Taylor and I are keeping the torch burning. We have been writing new Acheron material for the next album and it is coming along great. Art and I have been working great together and you can expect yet another skull crushing Acheron album! Acheron is more motivated than ever and we hope to find a killer drummer to help us unleash our hellish music upon the world!

"We are also going to be adding an official 2nd lead guitarist to the infernal line-up. Jacob Shively from Dismemberment has kindly been filling in for the live shows for over a year now. I'd like to personally thank him for all his work and dedication. You rule brother! He will be focusing mainly on Dismemberment now. If you haven't heard these guys go listen now! They are a great band and I see killer things for them in the future.

"It is a brand new day and I am very excited for the next chapter of Acheron. I promise you that that next time you see or hear us it will indeed be a good punch in the face! So everyone take a seat and let us take you to the very depths of Hell! In Metal...Ad Maiorem Satanae Gloriam!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Acheron (USA-OH)
Posted: 02.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 17 users
02.06.2014 - 13:04
FreddeSwede

This is quite funny actually. It took them 14 years(!) to realize that they can't work together? Now that's a long term disagreement.

Hits total: 2130 | This month: 3