‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]
Users visited: 582  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 26.01.2007 at 14:44
Well, I've been looking in the forum, but I couldn't find a topic like this one. Now that I finally got my 100 posts, I can create it . (Hope it wont be locked or deleted though).

I'd like to know when you guys have started to like metal. I think it reveals many things about people's personality, as in my opinion, Metal is not a kind of music you can listen to "by chance". I think there is a kind of... evolution, which eventually makes you listen to this music.

Personally, I started being into Metal only 3 years ago, in 2003, (which is kinda late,) thanks to Rammstein, I was about 14, but even then, I was more into Industrial and Rock. Even if I've been raised with a big brother who used to listen to classic Metal bands such as Iron Maiden and Metallica for instance, I've never thought I would regard myself as a "metalhead" one day.

I guess I wasn't mature enough to understand what Metal could really mean. But we all grow up. I've never really had a "happy" life, and I found in Metal things that helped me much. There were feelings I couldn't name, and Metal enabled me to understand more things about my own life and about people in general.
I think I wouldn't have started listening to this kind of music if I wasn't forced to leave the place I had been living in for years, for the second time. That special event, when I had to move and leave everything behind, made me start listening to Metal. And now i know i cant live without it.

Its your turn now , I'd like to know how and when you started listening to Metal. It might be really interesting I think, and I'm sure there is a lot to say .

Page 15 of 15

Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

21.01.2013 at 17:17
Written by Alex Fenger on 21.01.2013 at 16:13

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.01.2013 at 16:08

Under twenty you're a kid and then you'll be a young adult until 30

When can I start calling you "old man"?

about 4 years ago
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

HellriderRising

21.02.2013 at 22:04
Well, it may sound funny, but when I was 13 I started listening to metal in an unorthodox way. I was searching Lord of the Rings videos on Youtube and I found one whose playback song was Sleeping Sun by Nightwish. And despite the fact that I did not know what kind of music I was listening to, I called it ''operatic rock''. Since then metal became a part of my life. In effect, I have to admit that I used to like classic rock and metal songs since my childhood. I just did not have the chance to discover them, because of the mainstream country I live in.
Hellvomit

02.03.2013 at 20:48
Started soooo long ago, 11 years, thanks to my best friend of childhood and games of the period. Already listened to some mainstream rock he introduced me to Scorpions, Kiss, Ozzy-time glam-(do not laugh, were other times, young men ...) but the real conversion came about thanks to a few months after Judas Priest. I was attracted to this music and their clothing was all leather and studs for a little boy something really cool! I found their music exciting and overwhelming right now and from there I have never stopped
----
[http://unblessed-distro.blogspot.it/]
skrog1

10.03.2013 at 00:06
Technically, I started with Transformers: The Movie. That soundtrack has some sweet metal on it. But I really didn't get into it until high school. That's when I started playing guitar, getting into Slayer and Cannibal Corpse, and Deicide, and playing in a band.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
Infernal Eternal

26.07.2013 at 11:30
I once saw an Ac Dc video on TV when I was 12. I searched online and started listening to them a lot. Then, I discovered Iron Maiden....
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Frank Comstock

22.09.2013 at 22:11
Well, here's my story. It's so awesome hearing what everybody else has to say on the matter.

I would say that my interest in rock started when I was 13. Before that, I would never touch any rock album, considering I was primarily listening to rap (before that, the hardest I had was, seriously, Fenix TX). I was pretty young and naive, and I just discovered the likes of Rancid (yeah, I was young back then, but I still like them a lot!), who seemed so crazy, hard, and powerful. In Middle School, I was around 13 when I became interested in the first metal band, Metallica. I grabbed Ride, Master, and their self titled and gave it a listen. Needless to say, I was blown away with how powerful the music I was listening to. Throughout the rest of middle school, I was listening to that, and it was all over. I had no interest in Bling Rap (thank god!). I was, at the point, a punker with a Metallica bent. It would lead me into being a life long Metal fanatic.

I won't give you my life story (don't worry!), but needless to say, by High School and age 14, I was swapping albums and favorites with friends who had a ton of background in Old School Death Metal and Thrash. I middled about my Freshman year with a lot of 70's and 80's hard rock (which I'm not a fan of any more, barring Led Zeppelin) and Punk Rock, but by 15 it was all over for me. I eased my way into Extreme Metal with the help of Slayer and a few Cannibal Corpse records. Then, I finally discovered Technical Death Metal at the tender age of 15. Thanks to Cryptopsy, Nile, Gorguts (Obscura was one of my favorites at only 15, heh), and a few others, I was hooked for life. There was also the likes of Old School Death Metal like Morbid Angel, who also ruled.

I'm 22 now, and needless to say I'm still listening to pretty much all of the metal bands I was introduced to. However, I'm expanding my tastes to this day, and I've never been happier with my musical tastes. Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to have thousands of metal albums under my belt, and enough knowledge of Metal history to fill a PhD's worth. Wish me luck.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

25.09.2013 at 11:56
Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.07.2013 at 11:30

I once saw an Ac Dc video on TV when I was 12. I searched online and started listening to them a lot. Then, I discovered Iron Maiden....

You saw an AC-DC video in 1914?
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."
metalfan98

01.10.2013 at 19:20
Ever since the day I was born my dad always played Metallica and maiden and stuff and I took it and expanded my knowledge and the bands I listened to expanded greatly and here I am today
----
No emotion thrash is all I need
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

01.10.2013 at 19:31

and after 30 people are old officially ?
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

01.10.2013 at 19:44
Written by Fritillaria on 01.10.2013 at 19:31

and after 30 people are old officially ?

did I say that? No, I didn't I just said that over 30 one is and adult, that's all
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

01.10.2013 at 19:50
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2013 at 19:44

I just said that over 30 one is and adult, that's all

yes good to know that,I will be an adult.
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Infernal Eternal

21.01.2014 at 15:17
Written by M C Vice on 25.09.2013 at 11:56

Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.07.2013 at 11:30

Lol no. In 2005
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Karlabos
<insert title>

21.01.2014 at 15:46
Written by M C Vice on 25.09.2013 at 11:56

----
( ˘ﮦ ᴗ ˘ﮦ) ♪ '
ToMegaTherion

30.03.2014 at 14:23
Must have been around 12 or 13 when i went halves with my girlfriend at the time in Iced Earth - Dark Saga... and was listening well before that
----
- Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of man, even
when nature has long emancipated them from devine guidance (naturaliter
maiorennes), nevertheless gladly remain enslaved for life.-
Immanuel Kant
bkrownd

03.04.2014 at 07:41
My intro to metal was Dio's "Rainbow In The Dark" video on MTV around 1984. I was hooked within a couple months after that.
andyschultz

04.04.2014 at 04:42
Downloading the first 5 Metallica albums on my dads credit card because i wanted to start listening to metal. never looked back \m/

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]

Login or register to post here.