Metal Storm logo
Septicflesh - Streaming New Album In Full

Today is your lucky day, Septicflesh fans. Why? Because the Greek's new album Titan is currently available to stream online and in its entirety right now. While the album's official release only happens on June 24th in North America via Prosthetic Records and June 20th in Europe on Season Of Mist, you can hear it all now. Don't miss out on the opportunity to listen to the album here or over here, among other options.

After listening to Titan, tell us what you think about it. Are you pleased with the end result?

Tracks:

01. War In Heaven
02. Burn
03. Order Of Dracul
04. Prototype
05. Dogma
06. Prometheus
07. Titan
08. Confessions Of A Serial Killer
09. Ground Zero
10. The First Immortal

[Huge thanks to garmling!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Septicflesh
Posted: 10.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 303 users
10.06.2014 - 18:14
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Listening to it!!!!!!
10.06.2014 - 18:17
NorthernDickhead

Groundbreaking as always...
10.06.2014 - 18:55
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Definitely album of the year!
10.06.2014 - 19:36
xen

Picks up at Dogma which Is probably the best song on the album IMO other than that it is pretty average
10.06.2014 - 19:37
popmik

God damn, Prometheus is such a good song oo however, there seem to be some weaker tracks on this on unfortunately :/
10.06.2014 - 19:53
LascaillesShroud

Kind of underwhelming, good songwriting, good production, but it will be a pass for me.
10.06.2014 - 19:57
God Alone

Some moments of greatness (and just thanks to the orchestra, tbh) in a sea of mediocrity. Expertly crafted and powerful as usual, but aside from that, it sounds pretty weak/average sympho-death to me. Burn is terrible.
10.06.2014 - 20:07
Sheol

Definitely a favorite release of the year! Been looking forward to this for a long time, and finally it's here!
10.06.2014 - 20:54
garmling
Account deleted
This is not an easy listening...at first, I thought it is underwhelming, mediocre to be honest, but after 15+ times of going through it (listening since yesterday) I finally started to dig this....give it more time to grow on you...I like it a lot now!
Only minus goes for weak drum sound...
10.06.2014 - 21:08
Malphas

I have to admit my expectations were higher...it's still a fine album but i found it to be kind of worse than "The Great Mass". On the other hand, this was only 1 listen so after a more thorough inspection my opinion might change . Still, the first impression is nothing special
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10.06.2014 - 21:49
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
For Septicflesh, this is slightly disappointing. Regardless, this is still a good album - maybe a high 7 at this point for me. The album gets better after a few tracks.
10.06.2014 - 22:17
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Not liking it, even a bigger step down from Great Mass.

It seems that they've mostly abandoned melody and replaced it with shitty dissonant drum driven orchestral 'metal'.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.06.2014 - 22:37
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by AngelofDeth on 10.06.2014 at 22:17

...abandoned melody...

^ this...
10.06.2014 - 23:49
MasterPiece , Holy fuck this is immense
11.06.2014 - 01:39
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by AngelofDeth on 10.06.2014 at 22:17

Not liking it, ....................
.....................................and replaced it with shitty dissonant drum driven orchestral 'metal'.

I think you need to give it more listens to like it to get used to that different style, unless you don't appreciate symphonic elements that much in general!
11.06.2014 - 01:44
Rulatore

It's like they don't need guitars. God, how I hate the sound of the guitar, and the same happened previously.

It's not a total fail, it has some good songs, but mostly fillers, it could've been a lot better. I mean, they had it all, the hype, the budget...

And fuck Sotiris, jesus, he ruined the last song, the children choir sounded so good and then his annoying voice right after it
11.06.2014 - 03:06
Rulatore

Written by Guest on 11.06.2014 at 02:44

Written by Rulatore on 11.06.2014 at 01:44

It's not a total fail, it has some good songs, but mostly fillers, it could've been a lot better. I mean, they had it all, the hype, the budget...

'hype and budget' get you right around.. 5% of the way of making a great album

haha, I mean, it gets a lot easier (at least I think), it might make them a little bit more confident about what they are going to release, they can explore a bit more.

I might be wrong and it doesn't make sense to another people
11.06.2014 - 05:33
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by BloodJuNkie on 11.06.2014 at 01:39

I think you need to give it more listens to like it to get used to that different style, unless you don't appreciate symphonic elements that much in general!

Symphonic metal is my favorite type of music and I listen to everything from Carach Angren(on the heavier side) to Tuomas Holpainan's solo effort(which isn't even metal) so I don't think that's the problem. The problem is the song's don't have any melody or direction and everything is borderline dissonant, Seth Siro's orchestral side project Chaostar has all these same problems, it looks like that it just finally bled through into Septic. If I listen to a whole album and can't recall at least one stand out segment that's a problem in my book, maybe not for others but that's just my taste in music. I had the same problem with Great Mass and the more I listen to that album the less I like it.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
11.06.2014 - 08:04
Panzerfrost

Damn!!! What an amazing album!!! I've already listened to it for five times and I can't get enough!!! A magnificent work!!!:banger2:
11.06.2014 - 09:52
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
What's wrong with guitar sound or drums? Nothing in my opinion. Production is very good. But yeah, no good melodies here. This is definitely Orchestral Metal. Ok album but The Great Mass is better.
11.06.2014 - 17:14
Vombatus
Potorro
These guys are starting to remind me of Dimmu Borgir, in a bad way. Drown everything under orchestrals and be sure to overproduce everything... A pity, their old stuff was very good.
11.06.2014 - 18:12
Crème fraiche

I don't know if I just have crappy speakers, but I can barely hear the tone of the guitar. Drums and orchestra overwhelm everything for me
11.06.2014 - 18:33
The Paul

Sure, not as good as The Great Mass but still excellent. It differs from the last release which is a good think i guess cause they didnt quite repeat themselves. I hope they will continue this spree of great releases in the coming future
11.06.2014 - 19:32
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by AngelofDeth on 11.06.2014 at 05:33

Symphonic metal is my favorite type of music and I listen to everything from Carach Angren(on the heavier side) to Tuomas Holpainan's solo effort(which isn't even metal) so I don't think that's the problem. The problem is the song's don't have any melody or direction and everything is borderline dissonant, Seth Siro's orchestral side project Chaostar has all these same problems, it looks like that it just finally bled through into Septic. If I listen to a whole album and can't recall at least one stand out segment that's a problem in my book, maybe not for others but that's just my taste in music. I had the same problem with Great Mass and the more I listen to that album the less I like it.

^ this
11.06.2014 - 23:08
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by LeKiwi on 11.06.2014 at 19:32

^ this

haha thanks x2

Written by Crème fraiche on 11.06.2014 at 18:12

I don't know if I just have crappy speakers, but I can barely hear the tone of the guitar. Drums and orchestra overwhelm everything for me

I got pretty decent speakers on my comp and the guitars sound really bad on here as well, think it's a performance/production problem.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
12.06.2014 - 09:30
hidden_ninja

As with their previous albums, it get's better and better every cycle of listening to it!!!

Without a doubt my favorite album of the year! Solid 10/10!
12.06.2014 - 13:38
garmling
Account deleted
Written by hidden_ninja on 12.06.2014 at 09:30

As with their previous albums, it get's better and better every cycle of listening to it!!!

Without a doubt my favorite album of the year! Solid 10/10!

Absolutely agree with you on this! Listening it at work non-stop since early morning and it fucking destroys!
12.06.2014 - 16:39
s_t_s

Written by AngelofDeth on 11.06.2014 at 05:33

Written by BloodJuNkie on 11.06.2014 at 01:39

If I listen to a whole album and can't recall at least one stand out segment that's a problem in my book, maybe not for others but that's just my taste in music. I had the same problem with Great Mass and the more I listen to that album the less I like it.

Haven't listened to the full album yet but will take time tonight to do it. I agree with you that on the first listening at least one track should stay on your mind but I don't agree when you quote The Great Mass on the same purpose. From "the vampire of Nazareth" to "Theriantrophy", all tracks are recognizable and different. So this is not a right example

Update : now that I've fully listened to it once (but it's gonna need a bit more spins), I have to add that Order of Dracul is my current favorite. The whole album sounds nice, yet not as impressive as The Great Mass.
13.06.2014 - 19:44
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by s_t_s on 12.06.2014 at 16:39
From "the vampire of Nazareth" to "Theriantrophy", all tracks are recognizable and different. So this is not a right example

Perhaps that would be the case if you listened to it obsessively, but from one listen it sounded like a cluster of identical lackluster tracks. It only took one listen of Communion to amaze me.
13.06.2014 - 20:25
garmling
Account deleted
Written by LeKiwi on 13.06.2014 at 19:44

Written by s_t_s on 12.06.2014 at 16:39
From "the vampire of Nazareth" to "Theriantrophy", all tracks are recognizable and different. So this is not a right example

Perhaps that would be the case if you listened to it obsessively, but from one listen it sounded like a cluster of identical lackluster tracks. It only took one listen of Communion to amaze me.

If you're judging an album after a single listening, then you're definitely missing a lot! but that's your problem...the point is, the best albums are not always easy to "digest"...they need time to grow on you! And saying that "The Great Mass" is a bunch of identical tracks is just insulting for the brain! Now go ahead and listen to "Therianthropy" and after that "Mad Architect" and than tell me that those are almost the same songs...please, do not write such bullshit!

Hits total: 4661 | This month: 8