Metal Storm logo
Sanctuary - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date

Last year, the reactivated Seattle metal band Sanctuary announced they were working on a new album. Now the group has wrapped up the recording of their new album, which will be called The Year The Sun Died, and have set a September 30th US street date (September 29th in Europe) on Century Media Records.

Recorded in Seattle at Soundhouse Studios with Zeuss (Whitechapel, Hatebreed), the album will feature 11 tracks and a bonus track, a cover of the The Doors classic, "Waiting For The Sun."

Comments singer Warrel Dane: "Now that hell has officially frozen over and the pigs have flown I can proudly say The Year The Sun Died is finished. The record that nobody thought would ever get here has come in kicking... and yes there is screaming! Working with Zeuss (aka the commander) was great. He really pushed us all to be better. This is a very modern sounding record with roots still firmly planted in old school six string metal and I gotta give him creds for that."

Photo by Patrick Häberli

Line-up:

Warrel Dane - Vocals
Jim Sheppard - Bass
Brad Hull - Guitars
Lenny Rutledge - Guitar
Dave Budbill - Drums

Sanctuary was formed in Seattle in 1985 and released two studio albums on Epic Records, Refuge Denied in 1987 and Into The Mirror Black in 1989. They toured the world with the likes of Megadeth, Warlock, Fates Warning, Death Angel and many more. In the nineties, the band officially disbanded with singer Warrel Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard joining guitarist Jeff Loomis and forming the critically acclaimed group Nevermore. Sanctuary announced in 2010 that they would be reuniting and played metal festivals in both Europe and the US with the original line up save for guitarist Sean Blosl. Former Forced Entry guitarist Brad Hull has stepped in to fill his shoes as a permanent touring and recording member.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Sanctuary
Posted: 11.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 87 users
11.06.2014 - 17:51
Nimlot
A. Reader
Excitement rising.
11.06.2014 - 17:53
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
Oh man I can't wait for this!
11.06.2014 - 17:59
Both their album are amazing, my anticipation is unfathomable right now.
11.06.2014 - 18:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Good stuff. Hopefully it'll make up for that mediocre Nevermore swansong.
11.06.2014 - 20:07
Druss
Can't wait, should be good.
11.06.2014 - 20:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
A new Warrel Dane solo album would be good too. But definitely curious about this.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.06.2014 - 20:46
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
So this producer has worked with Whitechapel and Hatebreed, the album is very "modern sounding," and "yes, there is screaming!" I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it might
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
11.06.2014 - 22:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Auntie Sahar on 11.06.2014 at 20:46

So this producer has worked with Whitechapel and Hatebreed, the album is very "modern sounding," and "yes, there is screaming!" I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it might

Well, on Sanctuary's first two albums Warrelle Dane has screamed all over the place, so...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.06.2014 - 22:51
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.06.2014 at 22:07

Well, on Sanctuary's first two albums Warrelle Dane has screamed all over the place, so...

It was my way of expressing that I hope it doesn't sound like sound some shitty mainstream pop metal album
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.06.2014 - 00:28
UnknownCheese
Nice hat.
12.06.2014 - 02:48
Dark Blood
The Avenger
So excited for this. When I heard they started some gigs together I immediately thought Nevermore could use a break and that would be a great opportunity for a Sanctuary comeback.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
12.06.2014 - 04:28
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 11.06.2014 at 22:51

Whitechapel and Hatebreed

Written by Auntie Sahar on 11.06.2014 at 22:51

shitty mainstream pop metal album

U wot, m8?
13.06.2014 - 15:25
erat
That's great, but isn't that album supposed to be released in 2013? What happened?

Let's taste their comeback! Also i hope that album will make people remember how awesome Into The Mirror Black was, my favourite WD vocals in it..
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!

Hits total: 2840 | This month: 5