Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - Invites Fans To Sing On New Album

Have you ever dreamed of singing on a Devin Townsend album? Here is your chance! Devin Townsend has been hard at work on the new Z2 record for the past few months, and for this occasion, he invites whoever wants to sing along on the album. Much like Devin did with the "Lucky Animals" video from Epicloud, he is now inviting fans to leave their stamp on the forthcoming album by asking them to submit their vocals for a selection of songs and take their spot in what he has dubbed The Universal Choir.

To participate, click on this link and follow the instructions. Good luck! See how you can take part and even hear a sneak peek of 3 songs from the new record.

Devin had this to say in a statement: "Hey all, Ziltoid 2 is upon us! I'm deep in the recording of this double album, and as part of the theme, Ziltoid the alien joins forces with the humans...and what better way to express that then to invite you all to sing along? The Universal Choir is a platform in which vocal parts are explained, and then provides you a way to upload your singing contributions that we will edit together into one, big choir! The parts are a little tricky but perfection is not required, just enthusiasm. Feel free to overdub yourself, get a bunch of friends together or just yell along. The bigger, the better. Send it back and we will then assemble the 'Universal Choir' which will actually be part of the new recording. It should be fun! (Or a total chaotic mess but let's try either way! The website, (which works best if it's not on a mobile device), explains all the parts, with demonstrations and backing tracks. The hope is that a lot of people will upload themselves singing the parts, and then we assemble it and add it to the record. Come sing on Ziltoid's album, and have a great time!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 12.06.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 111 users
12.06.2014 - 18:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Devin is always coming up with these fun ideas I'm doing this.
12.06.2014 - 18:17
SceneryOfLoss

Devin is just the coolest! With Hellfest coming up, I hope I find time to do this.
12.06.2014 - 19:03
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Great idea! I'm not too confident in my vocal abilities, but my wife sings great and loves Devin so it will be a nice opportunity for her.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
12.06.2014 - 22:32
FeskarN

Awesome idea! I might take part of this, if so, I will do some growling I'm not a good singer xD And Devin said it was fine too
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
13.06.2014 - 00:25
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I sent in some files, so we'll see if it gets accepted!
13.06.2014 - 02:41
SSM
Massacred
I'll definitely do this soon.
13.06.2014 - 10:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Heavy Devvy is a SAVAGE. He's so real, unassuming and amazing in damn near every way. That said, I don't really feel his solo music. I've tried to get into it, I've tried to wrap my head around it. But as the master himself said once he did away with SYL "I'm just not there anymore...it's not where I'm at mentally". I'm not at the point where I can appreciate his solo stuff, but hopefully, I'll get there.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.07.2014 - 19:12
Panterica

That's a really cool idea.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/

Hits total: 1991 | This month: 5