Metal Storm logo
Anubis Gate - Best To Worst

Thumbs up: +1
Sort of stumbled upon Anubis Gate. Not too often do you see the bassist as lead singer/frontman of the band. It's hard to place the specific sound of the band since they're a blend of power and progressive metal. They're a great band that I would highly recommend checking out.

Created by: EmeraldSword | 11.06.2014

1. Anubis Gate - Anubis Gate (2011 10/10 for me. Absolutely love every song from start to finish. Awesome variety as well.)
2. Anubis Gate - Andromeda Unchained (2007 I dig the sci-fi theme. "The Final Overture" - my favorite track if I had to pick one.)
3. Anubis Gate - Horizons (2014 Henrik has full vocals. New drummer as well. Jensen's departure is felt on this one, but overall still great.)
4. Anubis Gate - The Detached (2009 Some decent songs on this one. Really grows on you after a few listen throughs.)
5. Anubis Gate - A Perfect Forever (2005 Kinda reminds me of old Mercenary, didn't really get into this one though.)
6. Anubis Gate - Purification (2004 Not a big fan of Torben Askholm as vocalist, but the album is good for introducing Anubis Gate sound.)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by EmeraldSword ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 2   Visited by: 28 users
12.06.2014 - 22:57
Eternity'sChild

Nice list. I have to admit, that I only know the albums with Henrik on vocals so far, but I'm totally satisfied with these 2 albums, would rank them equally like you did (and their selftitled album is a straight 10/10 for me too). I guess I should check out the rest as well, since I really like what I know. Are the other albums very diffrent from their recent 2 albums?
13.06.2014 - 00:12
EmeraldSword

I would say the oldest albums will sound quite a bit different (if you're like me and were first introduced to their latest material). The sound engineering/production doesn't have the high fidelity sound of the recent albums. Guitar riffs are a bit "crunchier" for lack of a better term, but still have classic Anubis Gate sound. I've listened to the self-title and Andromeda Unchained what feels like a dozen times for both and am enamored with the variety of each track (particularly with their catchy intros), so for some reason I couldn't really get into the vocals of the original singer. If you check out any older track, check out "Lost in Myself" - awesome chorus/singing by Henrik on that song. Cheers, and thanks for the comment.

Hits total: 3128 | This month: 4