Metal Storm logo
Motörhead

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 20.05.2006 - 23:13
as by many requests i have decided to move the Motörhead forum thread out of extreme and moved it under here, under melodic there is the 'heavy' subcategory so i found it appropriate to move it to here. Anyways, more discussion about Motörhead.
27.11.2007 - 23:51
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.11.2007 at 14:50

i love how Motorhead are so consistant, they've been releasing the same album since Overkill lol

In some circles that can be interpreted as a bad thing.
28.11.2007 - 00:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 27.11.2007 at 23:51

Written by Guest on 27.11.2007 at 14:50

i love how Motorhead are so consistant, they've been releasing the same album since Overkill lol

In some circles that can be interpreted as a bad thing.

Im really gonna have to disagree with Lowelas full heartedly on this one, no 2 albums sound too similar for me (and I know what im talking about, I have almost every album, and have listened to the entire discog at one time or another, my favorite band if you couldnt tell). And I must say they are not entirely consistant either, some albums just arent as good as others.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.11.2007 - 02:40
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
lol i love how you both took it as a bad thing

dudes AC/DC were the same way......nobody judged them.
29.11.2007 - 09:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Lowelas
Yeah I agree most AC/DC albums sound very similar, but comparing Overkill to Sacrifice, totally different sounds, or even the self titled debut to bomber, or Bastards to Inferno, or Another Perfect Day to Iron Fist, or Rock N Roll to Orgasmatron. All of these sound very different to one another, its not whether I take it as a good or bad thing, its the fact that its a completely wrong statement and sounds like its coming from someone who really hasnt actually listened to them in depth.
----
- George Carlin
02.12.2007 - 05:35
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
All Motorhead albums sound more or less different from eachother, the only way that they're all similair is that they always have that Motorhead sound lol. When you hear one of their songs it's impossible to mistake it for a song from another band.

Today I traded Master of Puppets for Snake Bite Love, i'm so glad I did . At first I thought MOP would own Snake Bite Love, infact the only reason i wanted to trade was because you can buy MOP anywhere, but man Dogs Of War owns any song on MOP easilly.
02.12.2007 - 07:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 02.12.2007 at 05:35

All Motorhead albums sound more or less different from eachother, the only way that they're all similair is that they always have that Motorhead sound lol. When you hear one of their songs it's impossible to mistake it for a song from another band.

Today I traded Master of Puppets for Snake Bite Love, i'm so glad I did . At first I thought MOP would own Snake Bite Love, infact the only reason i wanted to trade was because you can buy MOP anywhere, but man Dogs Of War owns any song on MOP easilly.

That is a great album, compared to there other albums its sub-par, you know a bands good when there weaker album is still great in a general outlook.
----
- George Carlin
02.12.2007 - 11:47
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 02:40
dudes AC/DC were the same way......nobody judged them.
Incorrect - the last part, I mean I hate that band.

I'm not too much of a Motörhead fan, I have to admit Ace of Spades is a great song if a bit overrated/played, while the only other song of theirs that has left as good an impression on me is Metallica's version of Stone Dead Forever. Kiss of Death seemed quite mediocre but I just may get around to checking out another full album or two at some point in the future, though it's not really high priority for me.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
03.12.2007 - 01:08
ArcanaHereticae

Since when is Motorhead jammed in the Melodic Metal genre? I figured them to be more Thrash, if anything.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
03.12.2007 - 06:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 03.12.2007 at 01:08

Since when is Motorhead jammed in the Melodic Metal genre? I figured them to be more Thrash, if anything.

Yeah I thought that at one time, in fact I started the Motorhead thread in the extreme metal forum but due to massive complaints I moved it here. Try to argue it all you want, I already tried. I think you'll see something about it on the first page of this thread or something.
----
- George Carlin
03.12.2007 - 18:49
ArcanaHereticae

Written by Doc G. on 03.12.2007 at 06:33

Yeah I thought that at one time, in fact I started the Motorhead thread in the extreme metal forum but due to massive complaints I moved it here. Try to argue it all you want, I already tried. I think you'll see something about it on the first page of this thread or something.

Oh, I wssn't trying to be a dick, but when you think about it, where DO you put Motorhead? Alot of people will say labels are unimportant, but that's because they don't know how to classify bands.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
04.12.2007 - 07:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 03.12.2007 at 18:49

Oh, I wssn't trying to be a dick, but when you think about it, where DO you put Motorhead? Alot of people will say labels are unimportant, but that's because they don't know how to classify bands.

Well yeah they are very hard to classify, they seemed to dabble in soooo many genres (even orgasmatron (the song) almost has a DM sound to it....a vague one)
----
- George Carlin
04.12.2007 - 07:44
ArcanaHereticae

Written by Doc G. on 04.12.2007 at 07:25

Written by ArcanaHereticae on 03.12.2007 at 18:49

Well yeah they are very hard to classify, they seemed to dabble in soooo many genres (even orgasmatron (the song) almost has a DM sound to it....a vague one)

Vague, indeed.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
24.12.2007 - 12:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Happy birthday to Lemmy Kilmister, 62 and still great. Anyways, has anyone else checked out that new Saxon vid/song with Lemmy, Angry Anderson (Rose Tattoo) and Andi Deris (Helloween) yet? Its absolutely amazing, for anybody who hasnt heard it, it can be found here:
http://www.saxon747.com/en/is/
----
- George Carlin
27.12.2007 - 03:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Oh yes! Lemmy is 62 Hail!

I don't know if "Orgasmatron" has a Death Metal sound to it, I mean Sepultura covered it and all, but still.........

But I know what you mean about combinign different genres, they are like NWOBHM/Rock N' Roll/Punk/Pre-Thrash Metal mixed! haha.

27.12.2007 - 07:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 03:11

I don't know if "Orgasmatron" has a Death Metal sound to it, I mean Sepultura covered it and all, but still.........

And what does Sepultura have to do with death metal They're still as thrash as thrash comes

Orgasmatron is pure unadultered vintage Motörhead, the sound they always had and always will have.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.12.2007 - 17:08
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Marcel H. : well okay you're right, But Sepultura have great Death Metal roots though. Alot of the early Death Metal bands were inspired by Motorhead, right
27.12.2007 - 17:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 17:08

Death Metal bands were inspired by Motorhead, right

early death metal bands were inspired by thrash band and those bands to some extent by motorhead, so indirectly death metal bands were inspired by motorhead.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.12.2007 - 17:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
only conection whit Motorhead and Sepultura are that sepultura done cover song 'Dancing on my Grave' and translate it in portuagese and in portoagese grave-sepultura
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.12.2007 - 17:19
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.12.2007 at 17:12

only conection whit Motorhead and Sepultura are that sepultura done cover song 'Dancing on my Grave' and translate it in portuagese and in portoagese grave-sepultura

"Dancing On My Grave" is a song performed by who?
27.12.2007 - 17:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 17:19

Motorhead song i think you know it
MA are down I acnt tell in what album, look to MS datebase, Im yto lazy to do it
Sepultura doem cover but Im not shore if its recordet in CD but thay us eto play it in begining of carear
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.12.2007 - 18:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Mmm
I have listen to this guys for some... maybe 2 years ago.
They are awesome... But I don't have so many albums in my computer. Only Ace of Spades, Sacrifice, Kiss of death and Inferno.

Until know... Inferno is the best one IMO.

Is there anyone who can recommend me some other albums? =)
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.12.2007 - 22:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 27.12.2007 at 17:23

Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 17:19

Motorhead song i think you know it
MA are down I acnt tell in what album, look to MS datebase, Im yto lazy to do it
Sepultura doem cover but Im not shore if its recordet in CD but thay us eto play it in begining of carear

Its off of "Another Perfect Day". Didnt even need to look that one up.
----
- George Carlin
27.12.2007 - 22:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.12.2007 at 18:22

Mmm
They are awesome... But I don't have so many albums in my computer. Only Ace of Spades, Sacrifice, Kiss of death and Inferno.

I'd most definately recommend Overkill! It was the release before Ace Of Spades , try that one out, you won't regret it
27.12.2007 - 22:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.12.2007 at 18:22

Mmm

Orgasmatron. Theres so many great riffs in that album. the intro to 'Mean Machine' being possibly one of the greatest intros ever.
----
- George Carlin
28.12.2007 - 13:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Aaaaa ok ok.
Thank you Dr. Rock and Lowelas :p

Time to download
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.02.2008 - 09:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.12.2007 at 17:10

Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 17:08

Death Metal bands were inspired by Motorhead, right

early death metal bands were inspired by thrash band and those bands to some extent by motorhead, so indirectly death metal bands were inspired by motorhead.

What metal band hasn't been influenced by Motorhead to some extent? (Im half joking here). Even black metal, evidently Abbath of Immortal is a huge 'Head fan.

Anyways, I was listening to the track Bang To Rights and I couldnt help but laugh quite a bit at the lyrics:
Took her to a bar, thought Id covered up my tracks
Thought I had it made, then I felt daggers in my back
You came walking through the door, sailed into the attack
Dont seem to be my night, you got me bang to rights!

...haha, one of the many awesome, yet greatly overlooked songs in the Motorhead catalog.
----
- George Carlin
01.02.2008 - 09:50
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i love Motorhead, I don't have many of the albums but I keep hearing tracks i like and... erm... "finding" them!

Going back over a few of the things on this thread, most band's albums sound the same as each oter because they have the same band members, singer and method of song-writing! The way they tend to make each album different is by taking a different subject or something to cover or just playing around with different sounds and rhythms but the basic "sound" is going to be the same, a singer can't change his voice and I'd be gutted if Lemmy tried to do so! Having said that he's got deeper and huskier as the years go on, kind of understandable after 40 years really! hahaha

I've had the privilege of meeting the whole band several times (the latest lineup) and Lemmy is exactly as you see him in interviews, he doesn't change for the media at all and I think that's understandable after 40 years too, you can't keep up a performance or mask for that long so he just plays himself. The others definately put on a show and get themselves manners as well but not him! haha Anyway, my point with that is that he really knows NOTHING of what is going on in the outside world. His entire life revolves around his music, blues/jazz, JD and coke and women, in some ways his mind is stuck back in the 80s still. I wouldn't say he's Nazi in anyway, i mean if he was would he have allowed Sepultura to support the Inferno tour?? He just hates regulations, rules and generally being controlled so sometimes puts his point across in a completely un-pc way! haha

Life's a Bitch is a great song but I prefer In the Black and Whorehouse Blues is amazing, like a quick summary of life as they see it and he LOVES playing it as tbh he doesn't listen to metal music anymore but absolutely loves the blues and is happy he now gets the chance to play some himself.

Cant' wait for the next European tour!
01.02.2008 - 11:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 01.02.2008 at 09:50

I've had the privilege of meeting the whole band several times (the latest lineup)

Thats impossible, anyone whos seen the movie 'Dogma' knows, if you were to hear the voice of god directly, your head would explode.

----
- George Carlin
01.02.2008 - 13:15
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
hahahahaha... i'm now a fallen angel without a head
21.02.2008 - 03:11
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
All Hail Lemmy!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...