Metal Storm logo
Motörhead

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 20.05.2006 - 23:13
as by many requests i have decided to move the Motörhead forum thread out of extreme and moved it under here, under melodic there is the 'heavy' subcategory so i found it appropriate to move it to here. Anyways, more discussion about Motörhead.
14.08.2008 - 23:36
takewarning

Looks like it has potential.
15.08.2008 - 15:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Damn... Motörhead is coming to Sweden on december.. I must be there!!!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.08.2008 - 19:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.08.2008 at 15:56

Didn't know you liked them.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.08.2008 - 19:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BloodTears on 15.08.2008 at 19:22

Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.08.2008 at 15:56

Didn't know you liked them.

My collection doesn't show it, right? Have to change that...
Well... They're not in my list of favorites bands [Because I didn't have a lot of space... ] But yeah. I really like them. It's somehow the door that helps me to be in a world where no problem is the big deal and you enjoy every second of your life, yeah!

And... I'd always wished to have a sweet Harley Davidson or a car from the 70's and play this music very loud.
I just need a Harley....
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.08.2008 - 03:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.08.2008 at 19:33

It's somehow the door that helps me to be in a world where no problem is the big deal and you enjoy every second of your life, yeah!

"You know Im born to lose, and gamblin's for fools, but thats the way I like it baby I dont wanna live forever"
-Ace Of Spades
Cliche I know, but I get the same feeling as you every single time I hear that line, it send chills up my spine and any problems Im having just dont seem to matter anymore. That came out cheesy as all hell...damn.
Quote:

And... I'd always wished to have a sweet Harley Davidson or a car from the 70's and play this music very loud.
I just need a Harley....

Ironically Lemmy doesn't know how to drive a Motorcycle.

EDIT: GOT A NEW MOTORHEAD TATTOO ON MONDAY! WOOOOO!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.08.2008 - 15:55
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Doc G. on 16.08.2008 at 03:22

Damn.. That seriously suck. Specially after seeing the video of Killed by Death.

Do you have more than one? O.O how do they look like?
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.08.2008 - 00:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.08.2008 at 15:55

Written by Doc G. on 16.08.2008 at 03:22

Damn.. That seriously suck. Specially after seeing the video of Killed by Death.

Do you have more than one? O.O how do they look like?

Actually its my first tattoo, its on my left chest flank and its a spade and over top it says Born To Lose, underneath it says Live To Win, in fancy writing.
----
- George Carlin
19.08.2008 - 21:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Woow... It seems really good indeed =)
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.08.2008 - 00:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Motorizer KILLS. get it as soon as it comes out, highly recommended.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.08.2008 - 02:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 00:39

Bastard, I'm stuck with the online widget for now, I had it on preorder at my local CD store, unfortunately some shipping got fucked up and it wont be available anywhere in my city for another few days.
----
- George Carlin
28.08.2008 - 02:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 28.08.2008 at 02:15

Bastard, I'm stuck with the online widget for now, I had it on preorder at my local CD store, unfortunately some shipping got fucked up and it wont be available anywhere in my city for another few days.

weak and annoying as fuck. if didnt already pay for to be preordered, i'd show you how to get it but since you did i dont need to, unless you want me to.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.08.2008 - 02:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 02:28

weak and annoying as fuck. if didnt already pay for to be preordered, i'd show you how to get it but since you did i dont need to, unless you want me to.

Nah, as tempting as it is to take you up on that, I'll have to hold back my saliva. I made I promise to myself to wait until I have it my hands so I can savor every last note when I put it on.
----
- George Carlin
28.08.2008 - 02:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 28.08.2008 at 02:37

Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 02:28

Nah, as tempting as it is to take you up on that, I'll have to hold back my saliva. I made I promise to myself to wait until I have it my hands so I can savor every last note when I put it on.

very good. its well worth the wait let me tell you about it. actually dont let me tell you about it, cuz i dont wanna be that jackass that ruins the album you fuckin preordered.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

28.08.2008 - 02:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 02:38

cuz i dont wanna be that jackass that ruins the album you fuckin preordered.

Dont worry, I already know how much Motorhead rule.
----
- George Carlin
28.08.2008 - 11:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Quote:

oh i have an idea of how much you know motorhead rules, you got their fuckin tattoo over your heart for fucks sake.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

28.08.2008 - 18:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quote:
Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 11:05

oh i have an idea of how much you know motorhead rules, you got their fuckin tattoo over your heart for fucks sake.

Haha yeah. But in enraging news, I was reading the newspaper yesterday, and they actually had a review for it and gave it a 3.5/10 stars, saying "its the same album they've been releasing for 30 years" they've obviously not heard more than 2 Motorhead albums. I mailed in an angry letter, I think the next step is a nail bomb.
----
- George Carlin
28.08.2008 - 23:00
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Written by Doc G. on 28.08.2008 at 18:53

Haha yeah. But in enraging news, I was reading the newspaper yesterday, and they actually had a review for it and gave it a 3.5/10 stars, saying "its the same album they've been releasing for 30 years" they've obviously not heard more than 2 Motorhead albums. I mailed in an angry letter, I think the next step is a nail bomb.

I've listen to the new album and got it 2 days before the release date. The first time I've listened it was like an ordinary album, Just the 1st and the 10th tracks sounded good!
I've listened it again and once more Motörheadproved they're a fucking amazing band!
Along with Rush, Motörhead is my favourite band. And the new album is fuckin good!
Analizying the last century albums they're all good. Better than the 90's albums.
But Hammered and Inferno are something great.
Kiss of Death is a very good album.
And, thanks Lemmy, Motörizer is better than it's predecessor!
I forsee a great future for Motörhead coming ahead!
----
Last.fm
29.08.2008 - 02:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Quote:
Written by Doc G. on 28.08.2008 at 18:53

Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 11:05

hahahaha fuck nail bombs, just skin the review writers family. take hella pictures and use their skin to make a leather bound book of them and have something motorhead in every picture.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

29.08.2008 - 02:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Lemmy is a fucking robot. That's the only possible explanation. I just played Motorizer and it's just as good as Kiss of Death, if not slightly better.
29.08.2008 - 06:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Well, Motorhead is a fine young band I'm sure are gonna go far. But screw you bastards, my copy of Motorizer hasn't come in yet.
----
- George Carlin
29.08.2008 - 10:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 29.08.2008 at 06:40

Well, Motorhead is a fine young band I'm sure are gonna go far.

hahahah

but pyro got it right on the spot, that dude is a fucking MACHINE.
29.08.2008 - 15:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Agree with Pyro... I just can't get that guy.
He's a fucking robot, I will die before him I guess.
----
Rod, let me love you.
29.08.2008 - 23:00
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Motörizer is better than Kiss of Death by far!

I Hope they come back to Brasil next year!
"Wanna watch the movie, can't sit still,
Flying down to Rio, going to Brazil
"
----
Last.fm
31.08.2008 - 03:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Does anyone notice how the song off the new album"Runaround Man" sounds a lot like "Goin To Brazil"?
----
- George Carlin
01.09.2008 - 03:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I heard that if you play a Motorhead video in slow motion, Lemmy's mole yells obscenities
01.09.2008 - 03:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 01.09.2008 at 03:06

I heard that if you play a Motorhead video in slow motion, Lemmy's mole yells obscenities

Thats a lie, they only tell you kill your family....wait, thats if you play a 'Head video backwards.
----
- George Carlin
17.09.2008 - 08:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I got this badass Motorhead shirt yesterday:

I still haven't bought the new album yet :/ I will soon...
17.09.2008 - 18:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Pyro
Ah, very nice! I actually have never seen that one before, glad its not that over worn "Motorhead-England/Everything louder than everything else" t-shirt that everyone seems to own, even people who have no right wearing a Motorhead shirt. People like this: http://cdn.stereogum.com/img/duff_motorhead.jpg.

Now onto another subject thats been bothering me. I hear many people say that "Motorhead have never changed their sound", while I agree they don't make drastic changes in their music to say they've never changed their sound is just flat out ignorant, which I've noticed is said by people who probably haven't heard the entire discog. I've also noticed that their sound change comes in streaks, 3 or 4 albums will have the same sound, then something will be changed, so for educational purposes I'll break this down so people can see what I mean:

Stage 1
Motorhead (s/t)

Stage 2
Overkill
Bomber
Ace Of Spades

Stage 3
Iron Fist
Another Perfect Day

Stage 4
Orgasmatron
Rock N Roll

Stage 5
March Or Die
Bastards
Sacrifice

Stage 6
Overnight Sensation
Snake Bite Love
We Are Motorhead
Hammered

Stage 7
Inferno
Kiss Of Death
Motorizer

These are where I notice the biggest sound breaks and changes in different periods, if you want more details feel free to inquire, I'm just to lazy to type them out. Or better yet, get the albums and hear for yourself.
----
- George Carlin
17.09.2008 - 22:02
Metal_Militia

Written by Dangerboner on 17.09.2008 at 08:06

I got this badass Motorhead shirt yesterday:

I still haven't bought the new album yet :/ I will soon...

//Yeah i got that a couple months ago. That shirt is badass. I also just saw them monday here in columbus ohio. It was an amazign show. It was the loudest concert ever, i couldnt hear anything after the show. Partly because i was second row!!! Lemmy also pointed and nodded at me. That made my day for sure. Great band and true legends to rock//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

17.09.2008 - 22:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Doc G. on 17.09.2008 at 18:24

@Pyro
Ah, very nice! I actually have never seen that one before, glad its not that over worn "Motorhead-England/Everything louder than everything else" t-shirt that everyone seems to own.

Damn.. I actually want that one. But I hate the fact that waaaay to many people has it.
But I can't really buy the T-shirt right now. I have to deserve it.
I never buy a T-shirt if I haven't got deeper into the band's sound.
----
Rod, let me love you.