Metal Storm logo
List of Gay Bands - Are you gay or not???

Original post

Posted by iaberis, 28.01.2007 - 08:26
While searching on the internet, I found the following list, posted by a "Christian" Organization called "Love God's Way" (probably heretic). They claim to have as a purpose to distribute with teachings the "love" of God. I don't know how they try to do that, but definitely the way they chose (by making this list) is one of the funniest not to say with the worst taste...

The first list is showing which bands are GAY - therefore are dangerous for little kids to listen to...
And the second shows which bands are OK to listen to...

GAY BANDS:
The Spores ............................... Scissor Sisters ............................... Rufus Wainwright
Merzbau ................................... Ravi Shankar ................................ Wilco
Bjork ........................................ Tech N9ne .................................... Ghostface Killah
Bobby Conn .............................. Morton Subotnik ............................ Cole Porter
The String Cheese Incident ......... Eagles of Death Metal .................... Polyphonic Spree
The Faint .................................. Interpol ........................................ Tegan and Sara
Erasure ..................................... Le Tigre ....................................... The Gossip
The Doors ................................. Phish ........................................... Queen
The Strokes .............................. Sufjan Stevens .............................. Morrissey(?questionable?)
The Pet Shop Boys ..................... Metallica ...................................... Judas Priest
The Village People ..................... The Secret Handshake ................... The Rolling Stones
David Bowie ............................... Frankie Goes to Hollywood ............. Man or Astroman
Richard Cheese .......................... Jay-Z .......................................... Depeche Mode
Kansas ...................................... Ani DiFranco ................................. Fischerspooner
John Mayer ................................ The Indigo Girls ............................ Velvet Underground
Madonna ................................... Elton John .................................... Barry Manilow
Indigo Girls ................................ Melissa Etheridge .......................... Eminem
Nirvana ...................................... Boy George .................................. The Killers
Lou Reed ................................... Lil' Wayne .................................... Motorhead
Jill Sobule .................................. Wilson Phillips ............................... DMX
Lisa Loeb ................................... Dogstar ........................................ Thirty Seconds to Mars
Lil' Kim ...................................... kd lang ......................................... Frank Sinatra
Hinder ....................................... Nickleback ..................................... Justus Kohncke
Bob Mould .................................. Clay Aiken .................................... Arcade Fire
Bright Eyes ................................. Corinne Bailey Rae ......................... Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers .................. Panic at the Disco

OK BANDS
UnderOath ................................. Cyndi Lauper ................................. Falling Up
Flyleaf ....................................... The Turning .................................. Disciple
P.O.D ........................................ By The Tree .................................. Scott Reed
Michael W. Smith ........................ Jars of Clay ................................... DC Talk
Danielson................................... Evanescence .................................. The Right Brothers

So according to this... are you gay or not?

http://lovegodsway.org
25.10.2008 - 06:22
kkktookmybaby
Im not gay jajaja im happy but my friend must be REEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLY gayyy
25.10.2008 - 06:34
thesabbathfan
Kansas can't be gay. They're hardcore Christians (or to my knowledge).
----
27.10.2008 - 12:23
Macedonia
Account deleted
Metallica... Fuck I am gay
30.10.2008 - 09:40
belisarius
When you forget about nirvana, i'm not gay
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
30.10.2008 - 14:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I know its hard for a thread like this, which is on the border of a spamfest, but try to keep your posts a little constructive/meaningful.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.10.2008 - 15:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by thesabbathfan on 25.10.2008 at 06:34

Kansas can't be gay. They're hardcore Christians (or to my knowledge).

That just goes to show you that the people who made this list just made in order to stir up shit and don't really take it too seriously...
16.12.2008 - 21:30
necrovamp
Ahh im really gay! there are so many bands on the gay list I love! eww gayness with lemmy, how bad will that be? warts and all.seriously i HATE christians like this, thye are so petty and misguided.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
18.12.2008 - 01:21
bard
Gah...parents limiting their kids exposure. Truth is something one learns from experience, not the lack of.

However, the site that this is from is almost certainly a parody website...and that has probably been established by now, I just don't want to read through five pages...
----
18.12.2008 - 02:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm gay and not at all okay! But really, who in their right minds would take this seriously?
----
18.12.2008 - 16:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I don't see Gorgoroth on the pink list.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.12.2008 - 00:21
Gothya

the ok bands look more like gays then the "gay" bands; though i dont agree that all the bands on the first list are gay, but well, if they say so... i cant imagine my friends and famili reaction, cuz i like metallica, the doors, nirvana, judas priest... ...this is amazing, seriously they made my day

by the way, what the hell are they doing listening "this bands" if they´re suppossed to be gay? are they also gay?? ??

Written by Warman on 18.12.2008 at 02:39

But really, who in their right minds would take this seriously?

only them... and the ones who think like them..
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
22.12.2008 - 13:08
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.12.2008 at 16:01

Probably list is quite old.
Gorgoroth is gay for like a month or two
22.12.2008 - 15:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by W-Lash on 22.12.2008 at 13:08

Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.12.2008 at 16:01

Probably list is quite old.
Gorgoroth is gay for like a month or two

Yeah.. I know the list is old but I just wanted a Gorgoroth-fanboy to quote me and say something stupid
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.12.2008 - 15:32
W-Lash
Metal Master
Oh, i fucked up everything.
Sorry
26.12.2008 - 22:39
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
OMG, this is not even funny. If these guys are serious, they are not gonna raise a generation of straight Christians, but people who will hate homosexuals. The website's headline says "God Hates Fags. Love Gods Way." That's not Christian. God doesn't hate anybody. Anyway, the way their position is presented is gay itself.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
26.12.2008 - 22:41
Torelli
Written by K✞ulu on 26.12.2008 at 22:39

OMG, this is not even funny. If these guys are serious, they are not gonna raise a generation of generation of straight Christians, but people who will hate homosexuals. The website's headline says "God Hates Fags. Love Gods Way." That's not Christian. God doesn't hate anybody. Anyway, the way their position is presented is gay itself.

I think it's more likely that they will raise a generation of people that hate christianity, more than people that hate homosexuality....
26.12.2008 - 22:52
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Torelli on 26.12.2008 at 22:41

OMG, this is not even funny. If these guys are serious, they are not gonna raise a generation of generation of straight Christians, but people who will hate homosexuals. The website's headline says "God Hates Fags. Love Gods Way." That's not Christian. God doesn't hate anybody. Anyway, the way their position is presented is gay itself.

I think it's more likely that they will raise a generation of people that hate christianity, more than people that hate homosexuality....

There were, are, and will be a lot of people that hate Christianity, but metalheads are gonna hate this website... Metaliica - gay... ingenious...
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

26.12.2008 - 23:03
Torelli
Written by K✞ulu on 26.12.2008 at 22:52

There were, are, and will be a lot of people that hate Christianity, but metalheads are gonna hate this website... Metaliica - gay... ingenious...

That something I don't understand, why people would hate this site, I mean, let's face it, metal is extremly homoerotic, perhaps the most homoerotic gengre there is with a possible exeption of gangsta rap. It's not like they say something people don't allready think ( I guess I just made myself extremly unpopular on this site now )
26.12.2008 - 23:12
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Torelli on 26.12.2008 at 23:03

Written by K✞ulu on 26.12.2008 at 22:52

That something I don't understand, why people would hate this site, I mean, let's face it, metal is extremly homoerotic, perhaps the most homoerotic gengre there is with a possible exeption of gangsta rap. It's not like they say something people don't allready think ( I guess I just made myself extremly unpopular on this site now )

why is it homoerotic? what's homoerotic anyway?
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

26.12.2008 - 23:20
Torelli
Written by K✞ulu on 26.12.2008 at 23:12

why is it homoerotic?

The primary listening group is male, the steriotypical metal group consist of well-trained, muscular boys (often without shirts), showing of their masculinity ( as decipered in metal lyrics in some occactions), the speech of metal "brothers" and the special type of bonding know as "moshing". Do you see that it can be in some instances be interpreted as homoerotic?
26.12.2008 - 23:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Torelli on 26.12.2008 at 23:20

why is it homoerotic?

The primary listening group is male, the steriotypical metal group consist of well-trained, muscular boys (often without shirts), showing of their masculinity ( as decipered in metal lyrics in some occactions), the speech of metal "brothers" and the special type of bonding know as "moshing". Do you see that it can be in some instances be interpreted as homoerotic?

so homoerotic in this case means that metal is male-dominated?
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

26.12.2008 - 23:35
Torelli
Written by K✞ulu on 26.12.2008 at 23:32

why is it homoerotic?

No, but male auddiance enyoying the image of masculinity as presented in for example metal gigs.
26.12.2008 - 23:43
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Torelli on 26.12.2008 at 23:35

why is it homoerotic?

No, but male auddiance enyoying the image of masculinity as presented in for example metal gigs.

I see... I just thought for a moment how we got to discuss this... so metal - homoerotic... probably... but that has nothing to do with loving that site cause it's gay and stupid.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

26.12.2008 - 23:51
Torelli
Written by K✞ulu on 26.12.2008 at 23:43

Written by Torelli on 26.12.2008 at 23:35

why is it homoerotic?

I see... I just thought for a moment how we got to discuss this... so metal - homoerotic... probably... but that has nothing to do with loving that site cause it's gay and stupid.

Yeah, we kind of got off-topic there, I think I can agree with you that the site we speak about is quite bad and stupid one.
27.12.2008 - 18:51
Kanto
Arcade fire, nickelback, bright eyes, nirvana...hell, I'M SOOO GAAAY! T_______T
But I agree with Mr. Doctor, where is Gorgoroth?hahah
----
...Dude.
31.01.2009 - 22:39
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Hmm only like Queen out of all of those - then again Freddie M DID die cozz hes a fag so I dunno - perhaps I am
06.02.2009 - 06:38
motorhead
Account deleted
Damn I'm a huge poo pusher then.
06.02.2009 - 22:56
Elio
Red Nightmare
I'm even more gay, I'm listening to Daft Punk right now.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.02.2009 - 23:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
In these two lists of bands/musicians there was only Metallica which I'm listening to... umm, rarely. But there are a lot of bands which I listened earlier... like P.O.D., Hinder, Nickelback, oh, even The Killers.
06.02.2009 - 23:26
Deus Ex Machina
Like... I used to think I was pretty gay, but then I stopped liking Nickelback so I felt a bit more straight, but then I started liking Lil' Wayne so fuck it.