Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Update On 'Time II'

There's finally some news addressing the future release(s) from Wintersun. Even if we don't get a date, mastermind Jari Mäenpää felt the need to at least talk about some of the reasons why there's no release date confirmed for Time II now but the initial plan was to release it in early 2014. Time I was released back in 2012, of course.

Here's what he has to say: "Here's the reality. Time I & II and even couple of the next albums would have been out already, if I would have a studio. BUT I don't have a studio. Studio is like an instrument of making music and I don't have that instrument, so it's pretty fucking hard to make albums, especially as complicated as the Time albums are.

"Time II is in good place mixwise, it's sounding pretty damn spectacular, but there are still some difficult obstacles I'm battling with. Tuska Festival weekend is coming and I'm gonna get wasted! I've been working nonstop since January (and not just the Time II, new material and there's some other new things boiling under as well). So don't come ask me at Tuska 'when's Time II coming out?' hahah! Unless you buy me a beer!"

So, who knows when the next album will be out?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 25.06.2014 by FreddeSwede

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 78   Visited by: 637 users
25.06.2014 - 23:24
Hallford9000
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 22:21

This guy's even dumber than he thinks his fans are.

nailed it
25.06.2014 - 23:33
Windir2010
Written by Hex_Omega on 25.06.2014 at 23:13

I'm not saying he is a piece of shit or something like that but IMO he isn't a a perfectionist either. Perfectionist isn't acting like that. I think that there might be something bigger behind all of his problems with gear, cash, studio, etc but we simply don't know that and we probably won't know it.

Exactly, you DON'T KNOW! So to jump to such conclusions is just a little bit ridiculous. My post was more directed at people who outright called him a piece of shit,which is just ludicrous. I have been waiting for this album for a long time also, but jesus , I could barely find time to listen to Time 1 when it came out, there is so much other metal! In fact, I find it strange that whoever has been waiting for this album since 2007 would actually still be into this genre of music. Did you not listen to anything else but Wintersun since 2004? I would listen to Time 2, but honestly I gave Time 1 like 5 listens before I moved on to something else. This is not something to get so upset about.
25.06.2014 - 23:40
Zap
So your recording situation is good enough to record Time I, but not good enough to record the second part?
25.06.2014 - 23:40
Windir2010
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.06.2014 at 22:54

@windir2010 most of us complaining and saying he is a lying f******d are people who have never given a flying fuck about WIntersun at all and don't even like the music.

Then that makes even less sense than if you were a fan. Why the fuck are you bitching about a band you don't care about?
25.06.2014 - 23:42
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 23:40

Then that makes even less sense than if you were a fan. Why the fuck are you bitching about a band you don't care about?

Doesn't it feel good to call people out on their bullshit?
I think that's why.
25.06.2014 - 23:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 22:54

Every single person on this thread sounds like a baby. Who gives a shit, this isn't your girlfriend lying and saying she was out with friends when she was with some guy. If Time 1 was so good then you can afford to wait for the next,and if not then who gives a fuck anyway. Seriously, for being metal fans I have never encountered such lame fans as wintersun fans. You need to put your big boy pants on and stop being a bitch.

Wow, aren't we angry today? =)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
25.06.2014 - 23:56
Vombatus
Potorro
Silly ol' Jari hahaha Now it's the studio, oh yeah of course the studio... Poor little thinggy

Yeah right, quite a subtle way of asking people to buy him a studio anyway... Starting to master the arts of deceit in expenses of making music. I almost like it more that way coz we have some drama entertainment (I love Wintersun news updates over here ) and no new shitty music to bear.
25.06.2014 - 23:59
Windir2010
Written by Karlabos on 25.06.2014 at 23:56

Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 22:54

Every single person on this thread sounds like a baby. Who gives a shit, this isn't your girlfriend lying and saying she was out with friends when she was with some guy. If Time 1 was so good then you can afford to wait for the next,and if not then who gives a fuck anyway. Seriously, for being metal fans I have never encountered such lame fans as wintersun fans. You need to put your big boy pants on and stop being a bitch.

Wow, aren't we angry today? =)

Haha yeah maybe I got up on the angry side of the bed today.
26.06.2014 - 00:28
Mattybu
Written by Vombatus on 25.06.2014 at 23:56

I almost like it more that way coz we have some drama entertainment (I love Wintersun news updates over here ) and no new shitty music to bear.

If only there was some way to avoid actively seeking out music that you expect to be bad and don't like and listening to it, that would be nice.
26.06.2014 - 00:31
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 26.06.2014 at 00:28

If only there was some way to avoid actively seeking out music that you expect to be bad and don't like and listening to it, that would be nice.

You know, pain and pleasure...
26.06.2014 - 00:33
Joppe
Steelemeister
Not sure which is more surprising here; the fact that the album is delayed, the lies and these insignificant updates or that people are getting upset about it. It's Wintersun after all, I mean who wouldn't see this coming?
----
My vision is augmented
26.06.2014 - 00:34
Jari RR Martinpaa
26.06.2014 - 00:37
mz
Written by Ilham on 26.06.2014 at 00:31

So you must be into BDSM =p
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
26.06.2014 - 00:39
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by mz on 26.06.2014 at 00:37

So you must be into BDSM =p

I thought it was more obvious than that haha.
26.06.2014 - 00:40
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 26.06.2014 at 00:31

Ahh, whatever.

hammer smiley man doesn't get enough love....
26.06.2014 - 00:47
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Making fun of Time II has come to a level where it should stop. The only funny thing that remained on the topic that only those people come here to swear and curse who don't produce music... You know it can be pretty tough sometimes try to push through all the sh*t through your head, write inspiring music end to end and still keeping your own mind intact, not overly associating yourself with the music you write then burn out from time to time and unable to produce anything.

I do agree that if you want to be done with something, you dedicate time and energy it will be done in reasonable amount of time, and he should've skip the bullshit he came with in the beginning. Time I was way overproduced, but if this is how Jari wants his music let him have it. All of you above me act like he owns you something.
----
26.06.2014 - 00:53
The Benighted
UPDATE: Jari has further delayed the delay of Time II after a series of mishaps, regarding the picking of a lock with his elongated nose. When asked about the suspected release date of the album, Jari was quoted as saying, "Who nose".
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
26.06.2014 - 00:55
Vombatus
Potorro

I hear ya, but honestly, it's more like passively being exposed to shit music when some popular lame band comes out with something new. It's all over the place and sometimes hard to avoid, a bit like a metal version of the last radio hit or something, ya know
26.06.2014 - 01:05
Rulatore
He was drunk, I think. He can't be this stupid.
26.06.2014 - 01:26
erat
That Windir guy really speaks the truth.
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
26.06.2014 - 02:58
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
At least it's not another 8 years (yet).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
26.06.2014 - 03:37
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
The dood is ridiculous always blaming equipment and external issues when really he just can't finish a damn song because 110 tracks ain't enough, he has to add more and more and more, he's never satisfied. Time I was an absolute mess because there were a million audio tracks in each song and at this rate Time II will probly be even worse off.

Seriously think he may have a mental disorder like someone said, that's definitely some compulsive behavior..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.06.2014 - 04:29
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
So how can I guy this well known not have studios offering to let him record there? Does he just refuse to not do it on his own?
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
26.06.2014 - 04:52
D.T. Metal
Staff
Well, he HAD to break the silence and make a statement; even more so since Time II "won" our Metal Storm Anthology Awards earlier this year.
26.06.2014 - 04:59
Mattybu
Written by Vombatus on 26.06.2014 at 00:55

I hear ya, but honestly, it's more like passively being exposed to shit music when some popular lame band comes out with something new. It's all over the place and sometimes hard to avoid, a bit like a metal version of the last radio hit or something, ya know

Well it can be hard to avoid buzz or conversation about it, but I find to actually hear the music you sort of have to "initiate the act" (i.e. click a link or something). I read a lot about Avenged Sevenfold's album last year and how supposedly shitty and rip-offy it was but never heard it or listened to any of it.
26.06.2014 - 06:31
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
He really should stop leaning on the delete button.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.06.2014 - 07:05
The Evergreen
Written by M C Vice on 26.06.2014 at 06:31

He really should stop leaning on the delete button.

LOL...

Jari, I will buy you beer 'till you fall over... just get us that lovely 2013 album of yours.
26.06.2014 - 07:51
Stunning Cactus
Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 22:49

What a bunch of whiny bitches you all are. How about this, get the fuck over it. It will come out when it comes out. He does not owe you anything ,least of which a rushed album that you all will also bitch about for being pushed through. Listen to something else ffs, there are PLENTY of other great bands to tide you over. You all make it seem like he is the only fucking musician in the world and you are being deprived of something necessary to live. What a joke

Windir nailed it.

Oh no, perhaps the album has been delayed to 2017. Perhaps Jari has trouble being honest. Perhaps Jari wants to get wasted this weekend. Who the fuck cares? Not only is the album bound to come out at some point, it is none of ANY of your guy's damn business how Jari spends his time. Certainly making assumptions about his motives and calling him shit you would never say to his face is infantile and fucking ignorant (and before anyone clever comes along, yes, I WOULD say this to your face).
26.06.2014 - 08:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Stunning Cactus on 26.06.2014 at 07:51
Oh no, perhaps the album has been delayed to 2017. Perhaps Jari has trouble being honest. Perhaps Jari wants to get wasted this weekend. Who the fuck cares? Not only is the album bound to come out at some point, it is none of ANY of your guy's damn business how Jari spends his time. Certainly making assumptions about his motives and calling him shit you would never say to his face is infantile and fucking ignorant (and before anyone clever comes along, yes, I WOULD say this to your face).

Who's to say any of the users here wouldn't say what they wrote in this thread to his face? You're certainly confident in your face-to-face confrontational abilities, and I'm sure you aren't the only one on this site who thinks the same way.

And if it isn't anyone's business... then why does he bother updating anyone in the first place?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.06.2014 - 08:13
Stunning Cactus
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.06.2014 at 08:05

Written by Stunning Cactus on 26.06.2014 at 07:51

Who's to say any of the users here wouldn't say what they wrote in this thread to his face? You're certainly confident in your face-to-face confrontational abilities, and I'm sure you aren't the only one on this site who thinks the same way.

And if it isn't anyone's business... then why does he bother updating anyone in the first place?

Troy -

I was merely covering my ass for any "clever" replies. As I was only referring to people's actions as infantile and ignorant, yes, I would be quite surprised if people here would in all honesty confront the man face to face and call him the type of things they have been saying.

I think it is great for bands to update their fans on progress. But if he really does not have much to update us on, yet feels he needs to connect with us in some way regardless (be it in a rather facetious manner), I think it is unfair for people to assume he is an asshole and to expect that he should ALWAYS have brilliantly enlightening updates or know EXACTLY when his music is going to be ready for our ears.

Hits total: 16981 | This month: 17