Metal Storm logo
Blut Aus Nord - Entire Split With P.H.O.B.O.S. Streaming Online

French black metallers Blut Aus Nord recently released their new split with P.H.O.B.O.S. via Debemur Morti Productions and if you still haven't listened to it, now it's your chance. The entire release, which includes three tracks from each band, is currently available to be enjoyed fully on the Soundcloud player below (courtesy of CVLT Nation). Why wait? Dive in!

How would you rate Triunity?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord
Posted: 27.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   Visited by: 91 users
27.06.2014 - 19:28
Electes

Good to know Blut Aus Nord yet remains pandering and musically devoid of any interesting or original ideas. The second track's first 15 seconds sounded promising, sort of like newer Mgla, but after that Thorns felt like slapping on the most awkwardly layered double bass I've heard in a while. Rhythm, Mr. Thorns, work that! Blut Aus Nord, engaging and musically appealing riffs, learn to write some!
27.06.2014 - 19:35
mz

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 19:28

Blut Aus Nord yet remains pandering and musically devoid of any interesting or original ideas.

Yeah I don't really know why people love this band. They are a total copycat with zero amount of originality. There are much more original bands in contemporary black metal.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
27.06.2014 - 20:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Good to know Blut Aus Nord yet remains pandering and musically devoid of any interesting or original ideas.

Awesome, so you know some other bands that do a similar thing? (I assume that's what you mean when you say it's not original, i.e. other bands do the same thing). Please recommend.
27.06.2014 - 21:05
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 27.06.2014 at 19:35

Blut Aus Nord yet remains pandering and musically devoid of any interesting or original ideas.

Yeah I don't really know why people love this band. They are a total copycat with zero amount of originality. There are much more original bands in contemporary black metal.

Mz and that comment somehow don't.. Fit together
xD
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.06.2014 - 21:32
Electes

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 20:02

Good to know Blut Aus Nord yet remains pandering and musically devoid of any interesting or original ideas.

Awesome, so you know some other bands that do a similar thing? (I assume that's what you mean when you say it's not original, i.e. other bands do the same thing). Please recommend.

Go dabble in the avante-gard/orthodox black metal scene and you'll find dozens of bands writing some of the most tired and dull black metal you can possibly hear. If you like your metal a meandering pile of mediocrity, there's quite a bit of that material on XOdiumNostrumX's channel on YouTube. Some bands found on that channel are good, most however are not.

This style of black metal as I hear it starts and ends with Deathspell Omega and Orcivus, not Blut Aus Nord or Dodecahedron.
27.06.2014 - 21:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Avant-garde/orthodox
Those two terms also somehow don't fit together...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.06.2014 - 21:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 21:32

Go dabble in the avante-gard/orthodox black metal scene and you'll find dozens of bands writing some of the most tired and dull black metal you can possibly hear. If you like your metal a meandering pile of mediocrity, there's quite a bit of that material on XOdiumNostrumX's channel on YouTube. Some bands found on that channel are good, most however are not.

This style of black metal as I hear it starts and ends with Deathspell Omega and Orcivus, not Blut Aus Nord or Dodecahedron.

Except Deathspell Omega has never made anything like Blut aus Nord or vice versa, aside from perhaps a couple of tracks off Sect(s). Never heard of Orcivus but I checked out a few tracks and they sound nothing like them either, just a third rate DsO clone. Dodecahedron are more or less DsO wannabes too, so again, very little like BaN but whatever they do have common is likely influenced by BaN and The Axis of Perdition (in a poor way). So anything that actually sounds like BaN, who've never even strayed close to the orthodox style of BM, lyrically or musically? I don't care that you don't like them, but I figured you could at least point out a few bands who ape them, or even something similar as you find them so unoriginal. I'm only seeing DsO clones here.

I recognise about 85% - 90% of the stuff on XOdiumNostrumX's channelm and while it's got a lot of great black and death metal, none of it resembles BaN other than the fact they're bands that experiment in varying degrees.
27.06.2014 - 22:09
Electes

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 21:41

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 21:32

Except Deathspell Omega has never made anything like Blut aus Nord or vice versa, aside from perhaps a couple of tracks off Sect(s). Never heard of Orcivus but I checked out a few tracks and they sound nothing like them either, just a third rate DsO clone. Dodecahedron are more or less DsO wannabes too, so again, very little like BaN but whatever they do have common is likely influenced by BaN and The Axis of Perdition (in a poor way). So anything that actually sounds like BaN, who've never even strayed close to the orthodox style of BM, lyrically or musically? I don't care that you don't like them, but I figured you could at least point out a few bands who ape them, or even sure something similar as you find them so unoriginal. I'm only seeing DsO clones here.

I recognise about 85% - 90% of the stuff on XOdiumNostrumX's channelm and while it's got a lot of great black and death metal, none of it resembles BaN other than the fact they're bands that experiment in varying degrees.

My Blut Aus Nord fanboi senses are tingling. Not going to argue with a brick wall with ears.
27.06.2014 - 22:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:09

My Blut Aus Nord fanboi senses are tingling. Not going to argue with a brick wall with ears.

Yep, I am a fanboy who's on a continuing mission to find bands that sound like them. I guess I should stick to asking people who know about the genre
27.06.2014 - 22:12
Electes

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:11

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:09

Yep, I am a fanboy who's on a continuing mission to find bands that sound like them. I guess I should stick to asking people who know about the genre

The brick wall is wagging its dick in my face too. How strange...
27.06.2014 - 22:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:12

I'm not quite sure why the feeble insults are necessary. I asked you a question, you failed to deliver. That's pretty much it. I just wanted to know how a band that doesn't sound like very much else could be considered unoriginal.
27.06.2014 - 22:17
Electes

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:14

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:12

I asked you a question, you failed to deliver. That's pretty much it.

I gave an answer that you in your infinite knowledge didn't like, thus I can't do much more. I don't like Blut Aus Nord, think they're unoriginal and bland, and gave loose reasoning for my position. If you're really this bored to have this discussion, I won't take the same fancy, sorry.
27.06.2014 - 22:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:17

I gave an answer that you in your infinite knowledge didn't like, thus I can't do much more. I don't like Blut Aus Nord, think they're unoriginal and bland, and gave loose reasoning for my position. If you're really this bored to have this discussion, I won't take the same fancy, sorry.

I thought I was being pretty reasonable in my response that those bands sounded nothing like them. I can understand someone not liking them, but finding them unoriginal is a bit perplexing, especially when a person can't identify bands with similar traits other than bands that play black metal (which BaN frequently don't).
27.06.2014 - 22:27
Electes

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:19

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:17

when a person can't identify bands with similar traits other than bands that play black metal (which BaN frequently don't).

Well, I'm not going to lecture to you about the nature of musical notation and form, but if any of those bands share nothing in your mind, then I'll just leave now and laugh. Blut Aus Nord is similar to a lot of the bands in that channel, the orthodox stuff like Dodecahedron and others, as well as the more ambient/avante-gard bands like Abigor/Aborym.

Mamma mia, your persecution complex is intense, my friend. It must be that you think Blut Aus Nord is the most ground breaking and original band of all time. Thinking any other way is impossible when disagreeing with me.
27.06.2014 - 22:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:27

Well, I'm not going to lecture to you about the nature of musical notation and form, but if any of those bands share nothing in your mind, then I'll just leave now and laugh. Blut Aus Nord is similar to a lot of the bands in that channel, the orthodox stuff like Dodecahedron and others, as well as the more ambient/avante-gard bands like Abigor/Aborym.

Mamma mia, your persecution complex is intense, my friend. It must be that you think Blut Aus Nord is the most ground breaking and original band of all time. Thinking any other way is impossible when disagreeing with me.

Dodecahedron aren't orthodox, they only resemble DsO's style to a degree. I wouldn't call Abigor or Aborym ambient / avante-garde either, more like pretty standard industrial BM with regard to Aborym, and Abigor probably just standard black metal really. Nothing like BaN. As I said, BaN are similar to those bands on the channel only in the sense that they experiment. I don't think one could legitimately call experimentation as a form "unoriginal." That seems like a bit of an oxymoron.

If we're talking persecution complexes one has to wonder why you're being so defensive and taking it to a personal level. Something to consider there. I think I've been pretty reasonable but you seem to be losing your cool so I guess I'll let you go then.
27.06.2014 - 22:38
Electes

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:32

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:27

Dodecahedron aren't orthodox, they only resemble DsO's style to a degree. I wouldn't call Abigor or Aborym ambient / avante-garde either, more like pretty standard industrial BM with regard to Aborym, and Abigor probably just standard black metal really. Nothing like BaN. As I said, BaN are similar to those bands on the channel only in the sense that they experiment. I don't think one could legitimately call experimentation as a form "unoriginal." That seems like a bit of an oxymoron.

If we're talking persecution complexes one has to wonder why you're being so defensive and taking it to a personal level. Something to consider there. I think I've been pretty reasonable but you seem to be losing your cool so I guess I'll let you go then.

Hey, what about Lurker of Chalice, Leviathan, or some of Sun O))). Eh, eh? Have I broken Blut Aus Nord's aegis of perfection?

If not these, I am so done. Nothing shall change your mind, so I don't know why you expect a winning answer from me
27.06.2014 - 22:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:38

Hey, what about Lurker of Chalice, Leviathan, or some of Sun O))). Eh, eh? Have I broken Blut Aus Nord's aegis of perfection?

If not these, I am so done. Nothing shall change your mind, so I don't know why you expect a winning answer from me

All great bands in their own fields, and in the case of Lurker of Chalice another band that is somewhat unique. They all definitely belong alongside BaN in the greatness scale
27.06.2014 - 22:51
Ilham
Giant robot
I love when people says stuff on a forum and wonder why people quote them and might disagree with it. If you can't stand having your opinion disagreed with, and especially if you can't back it up, admit you don't have anything constructive to say, don't start insulting people, or just leave like you said you would - and especially stop coming back to check if people still have a problem with your shitty attitude.

Anyway. I listened to this just now, and I think it's a good enough release, at least on BaN's part. I have only listened to P.H.O.B.O.S.' Atonal Hypermnesia, and not even to the end, so I won't comment on their part of the split. I am having a lot of difficulty comparing this to the rest of what I know, as I took a long hiatus from all this, and I really need to re-listen to everything chronologically, and especially fill the gaps between 2007 and now, but I found myself enjoying them a lot more than Liber II. Which is the only release I listened to that fits in that gap. At least it makes me want to go back, it's a very positive thing. It also makes me hope there will be more stuff coming out that I'll be likely to dig.

EDIT: I think I still have to say I love P.H.O.B.O.S. It needed to be said.
27.06.2014 - 22:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:51

I love when people says stuff on a forum and wonder why people quote them and might disagree with it. If you can't stand having your opinion disagreed with, and especially if you can't back it up, admit you don't have anything constructive to say, don't start insulting people, or just leave like you said you would - and especially stop coming back to check if people still have a problem with your shitty attitude.

Anyway. I listened to this just now, and I think it's a good enough release, at least on BaN's part. I have only listened to P.H.O.B.O.S.' Atonal Hypermnesia, and not even to the end, so I won't comment on their part of the split. I am having a lot of difficulty comparing this to the rest of what I know, as I took a long hiatus from all this, and I really need to re-listen to everything chronologically, and especially fill the gaps between 2007 and now, but I found myself enjoying them a lot more than Liber II. Which is the only release I listened to that fits in that gap. At least it makes me want to go back, it's a very positive thing. It also makes me hope there will be more stuff coming out that I'll be likely to dig.

EDIT: I think I still have to say I love P.H.O.B.O.S. It needed to be said.

I think Atonal Hypermnesia is the closest thing I've heard to BaN. It's a bit good.
27.06.2014 - 23:57
Vombatus
Potorro
Hmmmm first song is certainly the thing here. The other BaN are quite good too but not on the same level. Again, the organic drums are rad.
Wasn't a fan of PHOBOS part, the last one being passable at least.
28.06.2014 - 01:40
mz

Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:38

There is not much left to say really. Neither these bands nor deathspell omega sound similar to BaN. I certainly don's see how you can compare something as structure free as sunn o))) (which btw you call "sun o)))" ) to something like BaN. Stop insulting people and give reason for your unjustified statement. There are many people which don't like BaN and that's fine. In fact I'm not a fan of their earlier works +MV series. As long as they don't cover their dislike in bullshit like your statement it's ok.
And btw, I love Deathspell omega, Lurker of Chalice, which actually have produced one of my top 10 albums and sunn o))).
----
28.06.2014 - 01:41
mz

Written by Karlabos on 27.06.2014 at 21:05

Mz and that comment somehow don't.. Fit together
xD

----
28.06.2014 - 02:27
Electes

Quote:
Stop insulting people and give reason for your unjustified statement.

I like me some double standards.

Quote:
There are many people which don't like BaN and that's fine.

You don't say...

Quote:
As long as they don't cover their dislike in bullshit like your statement it's ok.

My apologies. I didn't know my opinion could be wrong Other's subjectivity>my subjectivity

Quote:
And btw, I love Deathspell omega, Lurker of Chalice, which actually have produced one of my top 10 albums and sunn o))).

I detest Sun O))), but Lurker of Chalice is one of my favorite albums and the best, arguably, the US scene has produced.

Quote:
(which btw you call "sun o)))" )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunn_O)))

~

I just posted my thoughts. Nobody had to respond. If it is you that has a problem with me, I don't have to remedy anything; it's all on you. If you have a problem with the shirt I am wearing, do I need to change garb in order to appease you? Nerp, sorry.

Quote:
There is not much left to say really.

But not before you take a piss in my soup
28.06.2014 - 05:39
Lit.
Account deleted
^Who is this clown?
28.06.2014 - 06:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 28.06.2014 at 02:27

I like me some double standards.

Not really a double standard. There's a difference between telling someone they haven't provided a back up for their original statement (i.e the idea that a band is "unoriginal" which in my view goes beyond personal taste), than someone who just makes fallacious comments toward the person they're discussing with, which you've demonstrated time and time again to be your modus operandi.

Quote:
You don't say...

The point of this rebut is? He's basically accepting that not everyone is going to like the same bands.

Quote:

My apologies. I didn't know my opinion could be wrong Other's subjectivity>my subjectivity

Maybe not the best worded reply by mz, but you did state that a band was unoriginal, which is a view that's nothing to do with personal taste and begs for some kind of relevant evidence. You're just going to have to deal with that fact that some won't accept your comparisons. There are quite a few levels of "subjectivity."

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunn_O)))

I think he was pointing out that you spelled the band wrong in your comments. You called it "Sun O)))" earlier. Doesn't really mean anything but it does show a lack of engagement with the band(s) in question.

Quote:
I just posted my thoughts. Nobody had to respond. If it is you that has a problem with me, I don't have to remedy anything; it's all on you. If you have a problem with the shirt I am wearing, do I need to change garb in order to appease you? Nerp, sorry.

But not before you take a piss in my soup

What does this even add to the discussion? How is this even relevant? You're just showing an aggressive attitude to a legitimate topic. If you don't want to discuss then don't comment.
28.06.2014 - 06:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 27.06.2014 at 23:57

Hmmmm first song is certainly the thing here. The other BaN are quite good too but not on the same level. Again, the organic drums are rad.
Wasn't a fan of PHOBOS part, the last one being passable at least.

Yeah the crowning achievement here is BaN's rather fresh dynamic with those drums. The other BaN tracks are decent, if not spectacular, but something about P.H.O.B.O.S.'s tracks seemed kind of so-so to me.
28.06.2014 - 07:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Between this and the Belphegor thread... What is going on with the forum these days?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.06.2014 - 07:17
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Why is it always the people that constantly shit on other bands who get the most butthurt when people make negative comments about the bands THEY like? If you're gonna troll the news pages of genres you don't like, at least be able to take it like a man when others troll the ones you like.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
28.06.2014 - 07:28
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2014 at 07:05

Between this and the Belphegor thread... What is going on with the forum these days?

Maybe Belphegor should make a lyric video about it to enlighten us on such topics.
Edit: I take that back, they are too busy covering world events
28.06.2014 - 08:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 28.06.2014 at 07:28
Maybe Belphegor should make a lyric video about it to enlighten us on such topics.
Edit: I take that back, they are too busy covering world events

I see what you did there and I like it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 3127 | This month: 4