Metal Storm logo
Blut Aus Nord - Entire Split With P.H.O.B.O.S. Streaming Online

French black metallers Blut Aus Nord recently released their new split with P.H.O.B.O.S. via Debemur Morti Productions and if you still haven't listened to it, now it's your chance. The entire release, which includes three tracks from each band, is currently available to be enjoyed fully on the Soundcloud player below (courtesy of CVLT Nation). Why wait? Dive in!

How would you rate Triunity?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord
Posted: 27.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   Visited by: 91 users
28.06.2014 - 13:40
mz
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2014 at 07:05

Between this and the Belphegor thread... What is going on with the forum these days?

people are summoning Ponderer's sprite.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
28.06.2014 - 14:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by mz on 28.06.2014 at 13:40

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2014 at 07:05

Between this and the Belphegor thread... What is going on with the forum these days?

people are summoning Ponderer's sprite.

nope, these two are totally different from John.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2014 - 05:03
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
I could post that picture of Michael Jackson and the popcorn, but overused meme is overused.

Anyway... first time listening to this and I am loving those female vocals on the first track. So what if Blut Aus Nord might sound a little similar to some other bands not to mention the fact that you'll never know exactly who's influencing who)? There's never gonna be a band that sounds exactly like them, in the end they're always going to maintain their distinction of character in my eyes.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.06.2014 - 06:07
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.06.2014 at 05:20

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:40

Hey, what about Lurker of Chalice, Leviathan, or some of Sun O))). Eh, eh? Have I broken Blut Aus Nord's aegis of perfection?

Hey I'm sorry, but I am pretty sure Joe didn't say that. It's Electes quoted by Joe.
29.06.2014 - 06:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Electes on 27.06.2014 at 22:38

Hey, what about Lurker of Chalice, Leviathan, or some of Sun O))). Eh, eh? Have I broken Blut Aus Nord's aegis of perfection?

None of those bands sound anything like Blut Aus Nord. Sunn O))) are drone, which even during some of their slower moments BaN still don't come close to, and LOC and Leviathan still don't sound like BaN, even during their older, rawer black metal era.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.06.2014 - 06:12
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Ilham on 29.06.2014 at 06:07

Hey I'm sorry, but I am pretty sure Joe didn't say that. It's Electes quoted by Joe.

Whoops... fixed with above comment ^
----

~ II. VII
29.06.2014 - 10:01
InnerSelf
proofread free
I initially thought that it was a standard/good release but it's really growing on me, the dynamic that the real drums brought to the sound made the riffs sound fresh (though being standard BaN riffs). And the PHOBOS side is mighty good, the overly repetitive nature didn't bother me at all and the beats are addictive.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
29.06.2014 - 11:22
Sküll
First post here (usually a reader, but I had to write this). Well, hello.

IMHO, this release may not be BAN's most original record compared to the band's own back catalogue (while still being very good to me), but saying they're not original compared to other bands is a complete pile of bullshit.

How can you say that about a band that simply started the genre they're part of?

Before "The work which transforms god", this particular field of black metal simply didn't exist.
Since then, the band has been digging this style, sometimes repeating itself, and some other bands entered the bandwagon (Deathspell Omega and all).

Even now, while bands performing this kind of music are manifold, you can't say BAN is unoriginal. The other bands are, not the other way 'round!
29.06.2014 - 13:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Sküll on 29.06.2014 at 11:22

First post here (usually a reader, but I had to write this). Well, hello.

IMHO, this release may not be BAN's most original record compared to the band's own back catalogue (while still being very good to me), but saying they're not original compared to other bands is a complete pile of bullshit.

How can you say that about a band that simply started the genre they're part of?

Before "The work which transforms god", this particular field of black metal simply didn't exist.
Since then, the band has been digging this style, sometimes repeating itself, and some other bands entered the bandwagon (Deathspell Omega and all).

Even now, while bands performing this kind of music are manifold, you can't say BAN is unoriginal. The other bands are, not the other way 'round!

Yep, they may not be the most obviously and directly copied band like, say, Deathspell Omega, but you can be sure BaN's influence on bands subsequent to TWWTG is pretty significant. Would definitely be a different landscape had they not existed.
29.06.2014 - 16:43
Electes
Written by Sküll on 29.06.2014 at 11:22

I quite rightly can say that they are. I think various bands have and do sound a lot like Blut Aus Nord, not completely so, but various aspects like for like, and I think the band itself has sounded stale and unimaginative in its own entity for years now. For me, they're doing nothing new right now. Have they in the past come up with something original? I suppose, yes they have. Is what they're doing now and what many other bands have likened to original at the moment? Not in my opinion. Not in any way. If you can't agree with that, then that's fine. I don't mind. But everyone smothering my opinion for apparent bullshit is annoying when I can give my opinion on a band if I so please. Whether or not you like my answers means nothing to me.

Written by Guest on 29.06.2014 at 13:08
Yep, they may not be the most obviously and directly copied band like, say, Deathspell Omega,

This seems a random jab at Deathspell Omega and it makes zero sense to me. Please elaborate, though maybe not, as your opinion is law 'round here, so maybe we won't open another can of worms.
29.06.2014 - 17:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 29.06.2014 at 16:43

This seems a random jab at Deathspell Omega and it makes zero sense to me. Please elaborate, though maybe not, as your opinion is law 'round here, so maybe we won't open another can of worms.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I was highlighting how DsO are a very emulated and copied band in this day and age. Glorior Belli, Svartidaudi, Subvertio Deus etc. all draw upon DsO in a heavy way (as opposed to practically no bands doing the same with regard to BaN whose influence is more subtle). It wasn't a jab, though on an unrelated note I've more or less lost interest in DsO after the last album and EP which were very subpar in my opinion.
29.06.2014 - 17:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

I quite rightly can say that they are. I think various bands have and do sound a lot like Blut Aus Nord, not completely so, but various aspects like for like, and I think the band itself has sounded stale and unimaginative in its own entity for years now. For me, they're doing nothing new right now. Have they in the past come up with something original? I suppose, yes they have. Is what they're doing now and what many other bands have likened to original at the moment? Not in my opinion. Not in any way. If you can't agree with that, then that's fine. I don't mind. But everyone smothering my opinion for apparent bullshit is annoying when I can give my opinion on a band if I so please. Whether or not you like my answers means nothing to me.

Doesn't change the fact that you haven't demonstrated examples of any band that sound like them (as I pointed out your original examples were poor and show a lack of understanding of the style). Hell, I had to do it for you by using P.H.O.B.O.S. as an example as one of the few bands that could genuinely be compared to. In actual fact this very split is the first time BaN have used overtly organic-style drumming which gives it a very unique aesthetic and dynamic which can't be found elsewhere in its discogs. The last album release, Cosmosophy, was also a first in the band's discog which relied entirely on a non-harsh, non-black metal style that doesn't sound like anything else in its discog (or anything else I've heard). If you think BaN haven't shown original ideas then I suspect you haven't actually listened to much of the band's releases. Even a naysayer could recognise original ideas, even if they didn't like them. You've been on poor footing from the start and seem to be plummeting further with each comment.
29.06.2014 - 17:17
Electes
Written by Guest on 29.06.2014 at 17:07

Perhaps you misunderstood. I was highlighting how DsO are a very emulated and copied band in this day and age. Glorior Belli, Svartidaudi, Subvertio Deus etc. all draw upon DsO in a heavy way (as opposed to practically no bands doing the same with regard to BaN whose influence is more subtle). It wasn't a jab, though on an unrelated note I've more or less lost interest in DsO after the last album and EP which were very subpar in my opinion.

Okay. The way you wrote it sounded as if Deathspell had copied, which is...yea. I thought Paracletus was probably their strongest album from minute one to the finish. The EP was different, but still good.
29.06.2014 - 17:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 29.06.2014 at 17:17

Okay. The way you wrote it sounded as if Deathspell had copied, which is...yea. I thought Paracletus was probably their strongest album from minute one to the finish. The EP was different, but still good.

I thought they were soulless, tech-over substance post-wank. But that's just my feelings on them.
29.06.2014 - 17:25
Electes
Written by Guest on 29.06.2014 at 17:15

Doesn't change the fact that you haven't demonstrated examples of any band that sound like them (as I pointed out your original examples were poor and show a lack of understanding of the style). Hell, I had to do it for you by using P.H.O.B.O.S. as an example as one of the few bands that could genuinely be compared to. In actual fact this very split is the first time BaN have used overtly organic-style drumming which gives it a very unique aesthetic and dynamic which can't be found elsewhere in its discogs. The last album release, Cosmosophy, was also a first in the band's discog which relied entirely on a non-harsh, non-black metal style that doesn't sound like anything else in its discog (or anything else I've heard). If you think BaN haven't shown original ideas then I suspect you haven't actually listened to much of the band's releases. Even a naysayer could recognise original ideas, even if they didn't like them. You've been on poor footing from the start and seem to be plummeting further with each comment.

Nothing is going to change your opinion on Blut Aus Nord's clearly god-like stature in black metal, so as I have said a trillion times now, stop demanding an answer from me that will never come. Nothing is like Blut Aus Nord in your opinion, so stop expecting an answer to change that fact. I happen to think differently, have given you reasons why, so get off my back. It's rather comical that such a tame passing comment from me originally has gotten your knickers so far into a twist that you feel the need to be intolerant right now. Deal with my opinion. If you can't, then think of me as this horror show person who dares conflict with your own opinion and stop posting in response to me. Also, the passage you quote wasn't even meant for you, so you really are obsessed with me! Cute, really.
29.06.2014 - 17:26
mz
Also, not want to dis Deathspell Omega, but we should also note that their sound was invented by Ved Buens Ende. DsO is less original band that BaN for sure.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
29.06.2014 - 17:26
Electes
You seem so nice when not talking about Blut Aus Nord too You really need to learn to not be so reactionary. Calm them man tities when Blut Aus Nord is brought up, honestly.
29.06.2014 - 17:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 29.06.2014 at 17:25

Nothing is going to change your opinion on Blut Aus Nord's clearly god-like stature in black metal, so as I have said a trillion times now, stop demanding an answer from me that will never come. Nothing is like Blut Aus Nord in your opinion, so stop expecting an answer to change that fact. I happen to think differently, have given you reasons why, so get off my back. It's rather comical that such a tame passing comment from me originally has gotten your knickers so far into a twist that you feel the need to be intolerant right now. Deal with my opinion. If you can't, then think of me as this horror show person who dares conflict with your own opinion and stop posting in response to me. Also, the passage you quote wasn't even meant for you, so you really are obsessed with me! Cute, really.

I'm not talking about their stature. I'm not even talking about personal opinion here. As I said i don't care if you don't like them, but when people erroneously ascribe a lack of originality to a band as a qualifier for their opinion I think it should be questioned. Originality has nothing to do with taste. Original bands can be great and they can be awful. Recognition of new ideas and sounds which are uncommon is nothing to do with taste and personal opinion.

If you don't want me to point out the swiss cheese-like holes in your ability to analyse then you don't have to keep responding to me either. I'd like to point out that you're the one making this personal. I've tried my best to keep things amicable but you seem to be more concerned with painting a false picture of me as someone who is fanboying over a band and "getting my knickers in a twist." maybe you should read the comments back and see who is the more irritable and "reactionary"
29.06.2014 - 18:03
Electes
Written by Guest on 29.06.2014 at 17:39

Written by Electes on 29.06.2014 at 17:25

I'm not talking about their stature. I'm not even talking about personal opinion here. As I said i don't care if you don't like them, but when people erroneously ascribe a lack of originality to a band as a qualifier for their opinion I think it should be questioned. Originality has nothing to do with taste. Original bands can be great and they can be awful. Recognition of new ideas and sounds which are uncommon is nothing to do with taste and personal opinion.

If you don't want me to point out the swiss cheese-like holes in your ability to analyse then you don't have to keep responding to me either. I'd like to point out that you're the one making this personal. I've tried my best to keep things amicable but you seem to be more concerned with painting a false picture of me as someone who is fanboying over a band and "getting my knickers in a twist." maybe you should read the comments back and see who is the more irritable and "reactionary"

Nope. So long, friend. As I said previously, you are a brick wall, and arguing with one is rather unproductive.
29.06.2014 - 22:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
The forum is entertaining these days.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
30.06.2014 - 06:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Electes on 29.06.2014 at 17:26

You seem so nice when not talking about Blut Aus Nord too You really need to learn to not be so reactionary. Calm them man tities when Blut Aus Nord is brought up, honestly.

Joe's just a huge Blut Aus Nord fanboy, so he's gonna defend them to the teeth against any criticism
Not like I'm one to talk though, I'm like that myself with The Meads Of Asphodel.
----

~ II. VII
30.06.2014 - 12:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I like my opinions backed up. So far I haven't seen that. I know everyone has their opinion and I'm totally cool with that. But if someone can't back up his opinion, I won't deem it worthy
Now... I'm going to listen to this today and comment on it to stay on topic or something.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2014 - 06:01
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
My love for this site dwindles in threads like this. Then I remember it's not just here. I must say what I seem to say a lot when on almost any thread; things like all this sore banter here seem to be the product of feeling so free to vent things that aren't agreed with, aren't entertaining, aren't exactly to one's liking... It's much more popular to talk negatively these days than to save the energy for stating what does good things for you. (And to clarify - I didn't look at who was saying what, but the kinds of things being said.)
More to the original topic; I'll say I enjoy both bands on the album. Furthermore, I enjoy all the bands mentioned in all this mess! The stuff I don't like just doesn't find me coming back to it much...or spending energy ranting about, so I don't find myself in convos about them. I just know that I love metal. I love all the different nuances, to pick things apart and see what makes them tick. But I do not enjoy watching people of the same family (ilk, group, stereotype, etc.) freak out on each other by being so negatively focused on detail to the point of losing it when there's a contrasting view. Now, personally, my way to get over this will be by blasting Eschatological Scatology and going to read the reviews I haven't read yet.
01.07.2014 - 06:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 01.07.2014 at 06:01
Now, personally, my way to get over this will be by blasting Eschatological Scatology and going to read the reviews I haven't read yet.

That's honestly probably the best approach.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.07.2014 - 07:59
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
I somehow felt is was.
01.07.2014 - 12:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 01.07.2014 at 06:01
my way to get over this will be by blasting Eschatological Scatology and going to read the reviews I haven't read yet.

But that's not Mories besty work! You suck!

Sorry, had to do it. . Your way is way better. Very zen. :3
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2014 - 14:35
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Haha! Well...I actually find myself partial to All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity, if we're talking favorites here. However, I probably listen to Cloak Of Altering more.
And zen with Mories...hmm. Never thought I'd hear those two referenced together!
01.07.2014 - 15:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 01.07.2014 at 14:35

Haha! Well...I actually find myself partial to All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity, if we're talking favorites here. However, I probably listen to Cloak Of Altering more.
And zen with Mories...hmm. Never thought I'd hear those two referenced together!

Well, Mories does have a very chilled project (Seirom) so you can definitely go zen with that.
Ok, enough offtopic. Sorry higher powers. I'll give this a listen today and comment.
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2014 - 15:21
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Love Seirom! (Anything by the man, really.) As for on-topic, I listened to this split and was not disappointed. But I approached it wanting to be entertained. I think that's where people either fail or do well for themselves, when it comes down to it.
07.07.2014 - 00:04
Ilham
Giant robot
Now that I ate a lot more P.H.O.B.O.S., I can finally comment on their part of the split. They're going full BaN in the first song. I'm wondering if it's intentional so as to create a smooth transition between the two parts. Because the more electronic sounds are back in the second P.H.O.B.O.S. track. Anyway, enjoyable.

Hits total: 3132 | This month: 9