Metal Storm logo
Overkill - Premiere New Video

After showcasing their new song "Armorist" before, thrash metal masters Overkill now give us the official music video for it. White Devil Armory, their new offering, will be out on July 18th in Europe and July 22nd in the US via Nuclear Blast. The effort was tracked at Gear Recording and mixed by Greg Reely, who also worked on 2012's The Electric Age. Watch the band's new video here now. Enjoy!

Commented vocalist Bobby Blitz: "We had a head banging riot working with Kevin Custer, he has an eye for the performance and the fast editing hand. Just what the doctor ordered for a face-melting, thrash-a-thon! I was quite blown away with his use of natural light in 'Armorist', as if he let the sun in through the windows, then controlled how it was used. Horns up Kids, here comes the Overkill/Custer, 'Armorist'!"

Pre-order the album here.

Album tracklist:

01. XDM
02. Armorist
03. Down To The Bone
04. PIG
05. Bitter Pill
06. Where There's Smoke
07. Freedom Rings
08. Another Day To Die
09. King Of The Rat Bastards
10. It's All Yours
11. In The Name

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Overkill
Posted: 02.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 75 users
02.07.2014 - 21:20
iMorphball

It's crazy that these guys are still kicking. Never too old to thrash I guess. Mustaine should take note of this intensity!

Can't wait for the album, sounds like it's gonna be no-holds-barred, pedal to the metal thrash! No issues with that, of course!
03.07.2014 - 16:46
necros4dead

Fantastic thrash song but,
I'm tired of the video clips that are plain and the only images you see is the band perform.All the latest Overkill clips are just like that.The track deservs more from the clip.
No new ideas by the director?
Too bad for a great band like Overkill...
----
Lost In The Battlefield Of Opposite Extremes...
03.07.2014 - 17:00
Himedal

Holy fucking shit. still thrashing after all these times.
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken
05.07.2014 - 01:47
Rapid Fire

Written by iMorphball on 02.07.2014 at 21:20

Mustaine should take note of this intensity!

Totally agree...

Overkill is one of the most underrated bands ever. With some justice by their side they would be at the top of the business!
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
05.07.2014 - 01:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
My God as pedestrian as ever for this band. Bland bland bland blandi is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.07.2014 - 08:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What do you really expect out of these guys Marcel, I mean they're like 150 years old and still writing the same kind of music they did before I was even born. I'd take modern Overkill over the majority of these "new" thrash bands coming out nowadays anyway.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.07.2014 - 19:58
Murder

Wow, I was expecting so much for this. One of my fav bands ever, is good to see that they keep thrashing like this nowadays.
21.07.2014 - 20:22
Kub

They are like Motorhead of thrash metal - just doing the same thing over and over again but with good enough quality that it still makes me want to listen to them each time a new album is being released.

Hits total: 2463 | This month: 6