Metal Storm logo
Gothic Rock, Darkwave, Batcave and stuff

04.07.2014 - 02:52
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So uhh.. There wasn't topic for posting stuff on those genres yet, at least not that I found, so I created this.
If there was one already, please move the post to the topic.

Here you should post recs or discuss anything on the goth rock scene and neighbour genres.

By the way, I just found this and it is pretty good
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.07.2014 - 22:40
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Goth rock and darkwave have always been among my favourite genres, but I'm not going to peer into the depths of the classic old school goth rock bands I enjoy, cause well, I'd have to write an essay. Needless to say, goth rock & darkwave are still very much present and alive, from the latest releases I'd really recommend Angels Of Liberty's EP Touch The Deaemon. What a fine piece of goth rock this is, with the most grandiose hauting atmosphere.

----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.07.2014 - 02:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The only thing I know about Batcave is that the name was derived from a now-defunct club in London with the same name. Apparently these guys were particularly associated with it. They sound pretty great. I should explore more.

14.07.2014 - 02:23
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I love that kind of polluted lo-fi quality in batcave bands. And those crispy vocals fit perfectly for the dirty atmosphere.
I think that kind of vocal also fits industrial metal pretty good. Check Punish Yourself, for instance.
I'd like to hear some batcave with female vocals though. But female vocals like KMFDM's or early Yeah Yeah Yeahs's... Yeah, that would sound sweet. Too bad I never found one
----
- Reimu Hakurei
14.07.2014 - 21:39
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I would like to take my words from the previous post back, as I have the sudden urge to present a well-known neoclassical darkwave music project, that is one of my absolutely favourite music acts: Dead Can Dance.

----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.07.2014 - 17:02
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^Interesting. First song kinda reminds of Artesia.
Funny, I listened to an album by DCD a looong time ago, and I remember it being far more like dark ambient.
Do they change their style on each album or something?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
18.07.2014 - 19:35
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
With DCD it's always hard to categorize their style, as they effortlessly flow thorough so many different genres in their music. They've incorporated everything from goth rock, art rock, darkwave, dark ambient, post-punk, folk, etherial wave and I'm sure I've missed something. But one thing is for sure, DCD's music is unique, ethereal and eerie. I daresay Summoning Of The Muse makes it straigh to the list of my all time favourite songs.
----
30.07.2014 - 21:46
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
For goth rock lovers who don't mind a bit crossover with new wave and modern, sometimes a bit more up-beat approach, I highly recommend to check out The Stompcrash.

----
09.08.2014 - 23:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Amusingly, in this vein, just found out that The Mission will be playing an Irish pub down the road here in Asuncion, Paraguay in a week or so.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.08.2014 - 21:58
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, I may be talking to myself in this topic, but nonetheless, God's Own Medicine's latest release is pretty neat.
----
16.08.2014 - 21:08
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Aeon Sable will be releasing a new album this autumn and they've shared a track from the album. I'm bloody addicted to it, have high hopes for this album.

----
20.08.2014 - 06:00
DyingWorld
I hope this thread grows, I'd love to get into more of this kind of music.
This was Perry Farrell's band before Jane's Addiction, very much worth checking out:

23.08.2014 - 09:56
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by DyingWorld on 20.08.2014 at 06:00
This was Perry Farrell's band before Jane's Addiction, very much worth checking out:

Cool, didn't know about this before. A very darkly song indeed.

I wish this thead would be more active as well, but so far....

I would also recomment Soror Dolorosa, totally awesome band:

----
19.09.2014 - 17:12
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I'm not sure which genre is this but it seems pretty close to goth rock
Either way I'm enjoying it
----
- Reimu Hakurei
19.09.2014 - 17:26
Ilham
Giant robot
There's a surf/rockab thing going on in this. There are so many French bands doing that stuff nowadays, but this one is okay.

FYI, the lyrics for that first song are mostly "take the bus take the bus, anti-taxi anti-taxi". Very philosophically engaging.
19.09.2014 - 17:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ilham on 19.09.2014 at 17:26

FYI, the lyrics for that first song are mostly "take the bus take the bus, anti-taxi anti-taxi". Very philosophically engaging.

I could live without that info I guess
----
- Reimu Hakurei
10.11.2014 - 17:42
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Just discovered this gem from 1993. It features a member of Aborym =P
----
- Reimu Hakurei
29.04.2021 - 09:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Metalville Records has set a June 26 as international release date for "Black Waves Of Adrenochrome - The Sisters Of Mercy Tribute", an extraordinary tribute to one of the greatest bands of gothic rock.

01. FROWN - Heartland
02. ATROCITY - More
03. IN EXTREMO - This Corrosion
04. PARADISE LOST - Walk Away
05. CRADLE OF FILTH - No Time To Cry
05. DEADLOCK - Temple Of Love
06. NEVERGREEN - More
07. MARYSLIM feat. Jyrki69 - This Corrosion
08. DAEONIA - Alice
09. KREATOR - Lucretia My Reflection
10. CADAVEROUS CONDITION - Floorshow
11. DAN SWANÖ - Lucretia My Reflection
12. DREADFUL SHADOWS - 1959
13. CREMATORY - Temple of Love
14. CO BOX - Marian

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kreator-cradle-of-filth-and-paradise-lost-featured-on-the-sisters-of-mercy-tribute-album-black-waves-of-adrenochrome/

Wow this might be cool, I like Kreator in endorama era, I really do, this might be sortha good think, because we have no strong gothic rock acts nowadays .--.--
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.05.2021 - 10:22
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Ok, this might be interesting. I'm always up for good covers, I just miss Dominion on the tracklist. I'm really interested especially in how This Corrosion is going to sound - by both acts.
----