Metal Storm logo
Decapitated - Share New Album Title And Cover Art

As you probably know by now, death metallers Decapitated are preparing a new album. The Polish unit just unveiled the cover that will grace this new album which will be called Blood Mantra. If you are curious about it, check out the artwork below. Hint: it's bloody. The sixth Decapitated album is set to be released on September 26th, 2014 via Nuclear Blast. Mark your calendars, folks!

Blood Mantra was recorded at Hertz Studio in Bialystok (Poland) under the direction of Wojtek and Slawek Wiesawski. Three years have passed since the album Carnival Is Forever was released. According to their label, now Decapitated are back and stronger than ever.

Created by Łukasz Jaszak

Guitar player and founding member Wacław "Vogg" Kiełtyka states: "Extreme and groove - I think that's the best way to describe our new album. This time we feel that we have something totally crushing and huge. Blood Mantra is the most heavy and mature album we ever did in our career. I cannot wait to start to play songs live because riffs are so deep and powerful."

More will be revealed soon and hopefully you will get the chance to hear some new material.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Decapitated
Posted: 09.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 113 users
09.07.2014 - 19:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Pretty generic statement about it being the heaviest thing they ever wrote. Wouldn't mind some groove though, just as long as the vocals don't sound so terrible.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.07.2014 - 19:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.07.2014 at 19:04

Pretty generic statement about it being the heaviest thing they ever wrote. Wouldn't mind some groove though, just as long as the vocals don't sound so terrible.

I guess bands can get pretty repetitive when it comes to their new album although there are some exceptions.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.07.2014 - 19:23
Hazelnut Nero

Retty bold statement about their new release . i am pretty curious to hear this in september .
09.07.2014 - 20:15
Absak

So if that generic statement was to believed, then this album should be like Winds Of Creation, which it wont be. It'll be like like any of their post Nihility crap.
09.07.2014 - 20:49
musclassia

Sincerely doubt this will be their 'heaviest and most mature yet', considering how dull and inoffensive everything I've heard by them post-Nihility is. Failed more than once to manage a sustained listen of Carnival is Forever even though I want to give them a go, and when I saw them live the only song with any kind of personality was Spheres of Madness. I don't know if the songwriting on Winds of Creation is 'mature', but it's so much more ambitious, interesting and indeed heavier than the later stuff, and I can't imagine the 'maturity' of their latest album will rectify this. Heck, I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the band (or really the genre in general) so I don't particularly care that much, but that debut is an incredible feat so I still hope for something good from them. Still, I'll likely give it a listen just in case - you never know.
09.07.2014 - 22:13
Ilham
Giant robot
At least the cover looks good enough.
09.07.2014 - 22:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah, it looks almost like an alternative version of the previous one.
10.07.2014 - 00:16
Mattybu

I don't really like the cover art that much, it's decent, but considering the steady decline Decapitated has been on and the fact there is going to be more "groove" in this it's hard to get excited
10.07.2014 - 00:21
Ilham
Giant robot
I haven't listened to anything after Nihility. I guess I'm in for a surprise. Bad it seems.
10.07.2014 - 00:37
Mattybu

Written by Ilham on 10.07.2014 at 00:21

I haven't listened to anything after Nihility. I guess I'm in for a surprise. Bad it seems.

Well they haven't put out anything "bad" yet as far as I'm concerned. All their albums are decent at the very least. But there was some special magic on the first two albums which I don't really think they will rekindle.
10.07.2014 - 00:53
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 10.07.2014 at 00:37

Well they haven't put out anything "bad" yet as far as I'm concerned. All their albums are decent at the very least. But there was some special magic on the first two albums which I don't really think they will rekindle.

Didn't they face the death of one or two of their members in a car crash or something around 2008/2009?
Honestly I'm a bit lazy to listen to those after Nihility. I have albums sitting a lot higher in the waiting list.
10.07.2014 - 00:58
Mattybu

Written by Ilham on 10.07.2014 at 00:53

Didn't they face the death of one or two of their members in a car crash or something around 2008/2009?
Honestly I'm a bit lazy to listen to those after Nihility. I have albums sitting a lot higher in the waiting list.

Unfortunately their original drummer did die as a result of a car accident in 2007. But yeah, the albums past Nihility aren't essential listening, so there shouldn't be any rush for them to move up the wait list.
10.07.2014 - 02:39
EnigmaLake

One of my favorite guitarists. Let the ever intriguing discography continue.
10.07.2014 - 03:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
One of the most generic excruciatingly boring tech death bands releases an album again? Well fucktie whoopie doo
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.07.2014 - 04:35
Mattybu

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.07.2014 at 03:56

One of the most generic excruciatingly boring tech death bands releases an album again? Well fucktie whoopie doo

Do you mean nowadays, or have they always been? Cause man, Winds of Creation is where it's at.
11.07.2014 - 05:48
crucifiedjesus

I like the negation everything ater that is meh
11.07.2014 - 21:23
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
I hope it's death metal. That's all I have to say, really. Read into it as you wish.

Hits total: 2954 | This month: 7