Metal Storm logo
Impossible genres

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.01.2007 - 16:47
which music genres do you think will never merge, due to the enormous differences? i think:
-jazz black metal(the technicality gap is incredible)
-power death metal(sure, some bands tried, but you just can't, since you'll either get more melodeath or you'll just end up writing some heavy power stuff)
-gangsta rap+"-core"(gangsta rap is all about "bitches, shootings, and cops" rapping over a simple drumbeat, while hardcore is more based on stomp rhythms and moshing riffs, and don't get me started on grindcore)
-country+every metal genre(country is mostly about a dude with a guitar doing some simple chord progressions and singing in a redneck voice about how he took the horse out for a ride or stuff, while metal, in musical essence and lyrics, just couldn't be more different)
02.01.2012 - 03:34
whatsacow
Good Power metal.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
02.01.2012 - 03:59
NLthrasher
Written by whatsacow on 02.01.2012 at 03:34

Good Power metal.

17.04.2017 - 16:10
Metren
Dreadrealm
Birth metal, bands occasionally producing two or three identical songs, features a lot of umbilical chord progressions.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
17.04.2017 - 22:15
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Metren on 17.04.2017 at 16:10

Birth metal, bands occasionally producing two or three identical songs, features a lot of umbilical chord progressions.

I was inspired, I actually wrote a song Dunno if I'll be able to record it though
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
17.04.2017 - 22:21
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by InnerSelf on 17.04.2017 at 22:15

I was inspired, I actually wrote a song Dunno if I'll be able to record it though

Inspired by my terrible pun? Haha, that's gotta be a first Good luck, man!
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/