Metal Storm logo
Demons & Wizards

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 20.05.2006 - 23:29
Demons & Wizards, the hybrid of Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) and Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), are an amazing band...

They have re-leased two top quality albums 'Demons & Wizards' and 'Touched By The Crimson King'... My personal favourite of the two is their self-titled debut, IMO its a mastpiece... The song writing is near perfection and lyrical themes are brilliant...

Hopefully, they'll decide to release another soon...

What does everyone else think?
28.05.2006 - 14:53
okt31
Account deleted
Well, as I love both the motherbands but this project hasn't impressed me. It's okay but if not those people made it who really did I didn't care for them..
28.05.2006 - 16:10
__Az__
Written by Baz Anderson on 28.05.2006 at 13:47

at least the packaging is a bit more fancy then just a plain CD case though.
would be better if it fit in my CD racks without laying at 45 degrees though. haha

Yeh, lol... Thats the problem I have with the dual disc packaged CDs....
29.05.2006 - 13:58
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I really enjoy the works of Iced Earth and Blind Guardian and heard about the band a while ago and only really started listening to Demons & Wizards more recently with good expectations with the combind musical talent behind the band.

I have 'Touched By The Crimson King' and im liking it. Not as much as Iced Earth or Blind Guardian albums ... but still there is really good material within the album. I have some tracks off the self-title and im really impressed with what ive so far heard, still trying to find the album here.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.05.2006 - 18:43
pantera666
Account deleted
demons and wizards is one of the greatest bands i have ever heard. the first time i heard any of their work i was like holy shit a band with hansi and jon schaffer, beastly these guys rule
01.06.2006 - 02:49
__Az__
Written by Guest on 31.05.2006 at 18:43

demons and wizards is one of the greatest bands i have ever heard. the first time i heard any of their work i was like holy shit a band with hansi and jon schaffer, beastly these guys rule

ha ha... Yeh, they are great... They utilise the talents of both of those artists very well... Especially with vocalwork..
10.06.2006 - 16:32
Remus
I am ashamed of sayin it, but i don't own any Blind Guardian albums. I do however own a lot of Iced Earth and they are one of my favourite bands so when i heard about Demons and Wizards's members i was exited! Well now i have both their albums and i absolutely love them! The self titled is the better one but "Touched by the Crimson king" is awsome as well-The Gunslinger is my favourite. Overall great band, "Heaven Denies" is my favourite song from them!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.06.2006 - 17:01
Stigmatized
Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kürsch, what a great idea. I've heard all of the first album and pieces of the second one, including the Led Zeppelin cover. Their sound is very similar to Iced Earth, but with Hansi, the god of vocals, singing. I love it....
11.06.2006 - 02:52
__Az__
Yeh, thats the effect of the amazing merging of the two talented musicians... Music thats sounds equally like Blind Guardian as Iced Earth, So, therfore appeals to both audiances, smart move...
18.07.2006 - 04:45
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I love the songs Fiddler in the green and Wicked Witch, also love's tragedy, such ballads, these masterpieces may be included in the material of every metalhead!
18.07.2006 - 14:12
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
I don't get all the hype.
It is simply the recycled music of Iced Earth with lyrics from Hansi. And is it me? or does he sing with an Irish accent in this band for no apparent reason?
I've only heard thier self titled, and it is pretty boring, nothing new at all.
If either band were to release stuff of this quality under thier individual names, it wouldn't have the following of the D&W albums.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
22.08.2006 - 23:21
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Well, it can be true...D&W could be the recicalted work of Schaffer, but is very good, amazing!
24.08.2006 - 06:08
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...well yes, i do think its reciclated work and it do sounds very alike but i think the result is ok...i liked more D&W than TBTCK, i dont know, imo its a lilttle bit boring and quite repetitive...i do prefer demons&wizard to iced earth actually but eeh...its good power metal anyway...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
24.08.2006 - 19:56
deathmor
Account deleted
Do anyone know if they are going to release a new album?
25.08.2006 - 09:55
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I love everything by this band, Hansi's voice is just that damn brilliant... I particularly like the track "Fiddler on the Green" as well as the "White Room" (Cream cover) and "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin cover)...
25.08.2006 - 10:54
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Even though their 2nd album failed to inspire me, the self titled debut is a near masterpiece for me. Teaming up with Hansi seemed to breath a fresh breath of life into John's work (the last 2 Iced Earth albums seem stale to me). The self titled album blows me away with every track, originally my favourite was Poor Man's Crusade (probably due to the haunting vocal melody) but I've since grown to love all tracks, especially the Tear Down the Wall, Winter of Souls, and actually ALL the others

I've read several interviews that John and Hansi have each done regarding their work with D&W and it's interesting to hear them discuss merging their separate song-writing styles and structures
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
25.08.2006 - 12:30
Draklar
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.08.2006 at 19:56

Took them what? 6 years to release the second album? Best not to expect anything new anytime soon
27.08.2006 - 00:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I've only heard their second album, But I love it because it follows my favorite book series.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
22.09.2006 - 06:58
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I just popped in my copy of their self titled and I remember now why I love it. I really need to pick up their newest release. Of course, like everyone I love the mix. Solid.
----
The force will be with you, always.
18.10.2006 - 10:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.08.2006 at 12:30

Written by Guest on 24.08.2006 at 19:56

Took them what? 6 years to release the second album? Best not to expect anything new anytime soon

but hansi are bussy whit Blind Guardian thay had new album out and concerst and same Guitarist, Iced Earth gonna realised new DVD so thay bout has jobs to do, but in future maybe
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2006 - 17:46
Unholy_Emperor
Their frist album is a masterpiece for me, on the other hand te next one wasn't nothing incredible.

The Fiddler on the Green is one of my fauvorites ballads.
28.10.2006 - 09:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I really enjoy this band, its almost like a super group of power metalsih genius'.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.10.2006 - 10:26
Freezer
The first disc is something great, Fiddler on the Green
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
01.11.2006 - 17:23
SteTech
Their self-titled I think is brilliant, but I sadly can't say the same for the second one. The only song worth listening to on that one is Terror Train
17.12.2006 - 17:52
deathmor
Account deleted
Yes, Terror Train is quite good. Unfortunately the majority is only average.
19.12.2006 - 01:55
danzig111
Account deleted
In all honesty I think that the music is a tad terrible

I mean Hansi is a remarkable Vocalist and Jon is a great Guitarrist, but together......they just sound like an Americanized Blind Guardian. I just don't really understand the meaning behind the music at all, you know what I mean?

However , I do like that one Power Ballad that they did, "Fiddler On The Green", I cannot deny the greatness of that song, I actually have it on my itunes/ipod.

.....Just overall I do not like the band, so sorry
19.12.2006 - 14:38
baldur
Written by Arian Totalis on 27.08.2006 at 00:29

I've only heard their second album, But I love it because it follows my favorite book series.

yeah the dark tower greatest book ever!!!!
i love to read it and hear to d&w same time

d&w imo better when iced earth and blind guardian together (and i really do like both of them)
20.12.2006 - 21:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I discovered them through "Terror Train", and I loved it. How not to, it's teh Dark Tower! I only have "Touched By The Crimson King". IMO, the title song and Terror train are teh best, along with "Immigrant song". I have to get the first album.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.01.2007 - 15:32
baldur
someone knows if a new album will be released ?? i want to have more demons & wizards
26.01.2007 - 19:17
SteTech
Considering the length of time between the self-titled and ...Crimson King (6 years), I wouldn't expect a new album soon
27.01.2007 - 14:32
Bankler
Account deleted
Blind guardian = Great
Iced Earth = Great
Demons and Wizards = Prove that there is no good idea to combinate cheese and icecream.